Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-18-2008, 01:59 PM   #11
Kismet
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Story about co-sleeping on the Today Show

i'm sure me waking up and walking to the nursery 5 times a night would have given me some awesome sleep. :lol Besides taht I couldn't sleep worrying about my boys w/out the close. Whateva!

Advertisement

Check out felpies for cute goodies!
Kismet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 03:11 PM   #12
Dee
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra View Post
Does anyone happen to know in the Western World when/how/why we got away from centuries of family practices and *think* we are doing better or have progressed more? It's very interesting to me how this has all come about. I know it is fairly recent [like a few hundred years] to have moved away from primitive 'attached' [for lack of a better word] parenting.
Nobody makes any money off of co-sleeping (cribs and nursery furniture, toddler beds that didn't exist 10 years ago), breastfeeding (formula), etc. That's all. The US is run off of profit, not what is best for it's citizens. Period.
Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 03:18 PM   #13
cheygirl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
Nobody makes any money off of co-sleeping (cribs and nursery furniture, toddler beds that didn't exist 10 years ago), breastfeeding (formula), etc. That's all. The US is run off of profit, not what is best for it's citizens. Period.
Old 06-18-2008, 03:25 PM   #14
nini02
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

Cribs, vaxes, formula, circumcision, "the business of being born" etc.... all profit driven industries presented as being for the greater good in order to sell you crap you don't need and are often better off without.

Stephanie, mommy to Avery and Iona

Swagbucks / ZoomBucks / Varolo
nini02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 03:48 PM   #15
doberbrat
Registered Users
seller

I liked the part where the 'expert' said that it definitely should NOT be done w/Infants b/c they could be "Confined" to their cribs
Mamma to the best dd 10/05 and Expecting #2 edd 11/29/09 and 2 furkids!
doberbrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 04:03 PM   #16
jesr
Registered Users
seller

I cant sleep without DS2 in bed with me, having him close and being able to hear him breathing puts me at ease. DS1 co-slept too, and goes to sleep no problem in his own bed now, some nights he comes in with us or daddy will go in with him (if he has a nightmare or something)
I wish the media would research all sides to these issues.
Jessica - SAHM to Ethan, Aug. 2005 and Dylan Jan. 2008 Expecting #3 March 2011.
Married to the Love of my Life Keven since Jan. 6 2004 Proud AF Wife
jesr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 09:13 PM   #17
trilla_marion
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet View Post
i'm sure me waking up and walking to the nursery 5 times a night would have given me some awesome sleep. :lol Besides taht I couldn't sleep worrying about my boys w/out the close. Whateva!
exactly! I had an emergency c-section. My hubby never wanted to co-sleep because he's a deep sleeper..but there was no way in hell I was getting in and out of our high bed every other hour to nurse. I moved her into her own crib around 9 months because she just tosses and turns SO much...No she wasn't sleeping through the night and I did have to get up and down several times a night but at that point we all slept better that way. She's still in bed with us whenever she doesn't feel well or if she's just not sleeping very well. I always feel better when she's sick having her with me. I hope our next one doesn't toss and turn so much so I can co-sleep longer. hehe and btw my 16 month old sleeps just perfectly well in her own crib in her own room now. And I didn't force her, it was a slow process that we took at her pace but we worked at it consistently. She's always been a great sleeper too. ^_^
Old 06-19-2008, 06:48 AM   #18
MamaToBe84
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

lol what a great generalization? NO ONE gets sleep? my dh sleeps right through the baby crying with colic directly next to him, and i couldnt sleep at ALL when the baby was in the pack and play the first night we had him home... baby didnt sleep either. After that, we had very few sleeping problems once he was in bed with us! If im not in the bed with him, he doesnt STTN, hes up like every 2 hours.
Old 06-19-2008, 06:58 AM   #19
vintagegyrl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

What about when u have kids that constantly kick u by mistake in the middle of the night? Is co-sleeping a good idea then??
Old 06-19-2008, 07:03 AM   #20
Terra
Drinks her not-just-a-smoothie pina coladas in ALL CAPS in front of her preschoolers before she takes her CDs and goes home.
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Amen to that!!! So sad!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagegyrl View Post
What about when u have kids that constantly kick u by mistake in the middle of the night? Is co-sleeping a good idea then??
Our son is a restless sleeper and likes a lot of room so we just did the side car crib so he has room of his own but is still with us

And I know and I even mentioned in my original post that sometimes co sleeping is not for everyone...so you really have to weigh the pros and cons and look at alternatives if you do want to co sleep [such as the side car crib, bigger bed, big bed with a twin bed added on...etc ]