Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-19-2008, 07:35 AM   #11
JDT
Banned

My Mood:
Re: Could use some support from non-vaxing mamas.

Ashhan,

It may take you a minute to get your mommylegs, but they come. you know when you first go on a boat you need to get your sea legs. Until then you're falling all over the place.

I had to get my mommy legs REAL fast. I was a single mom with my 1st. That caused a fuss. I chose not to circ - DRAMA. I refused ritalin for a LONG time with one kid - SUPER DRAMA from teachers for refusing. Then SUPER DRAMA from other parents when we decided to give it a try.

There will always be something to fight about if you give people the chance.

Advertisement

JDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 07:38 AM   #12
myfrugalfunlife
Banned- member requested
seller

My dd's are vaxed but I've decided to delay/select vax with our nb (just starting to read all the info on how to do this)-I mentioned it to my mom yesterday and she freaked on me, she couldn't understand why I wasn't getting him his 'shots'-so I grabbed the immunization card that we got at the hospital-it seriously unfolds like an accordian its so long with all the added immunizations-my mom was shocked (her mouth actually fell open!), back when she had us vaxed, it was only a few shots. Now its a freaking books worth I then told her some of the stuff that's in the immunizations-she totally understands now! Do what you think is best for your family and ignore what others think! sara
myfrugalfunlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 07:45 AM   #13
naturalbirthmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Before we had children I stressed over what other people would say to me. Now 6 years and 3 children later I can look back and laugh because in that time there has been maybe 5 times that it has even come up that our kids aren't vaccinated. It's just not something that comes up, even in homebirth/bf/cd playgroups. We've only been to a medical establishment one time (2 wks ago son broke his arm) and the er clinic nurse asked about Haven's history. Dh said he doesn't have one and the nurse was cool and moved on (he actually laughed in a good way).

There will be plenty of things to stress about when your baby arrives. Don't let a personal decision get to you.
Autumn ~~ Haley 12, Haven 10, Paisley 7, Sterling 5, Camden 3, Finley 1*the bathroom baby* and #7 due August 2015
I have amazing eyelashes! Wanna know how?? www.beautifullyblessedlashes.com
naturalbirthmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:17 AM   #14
Ashhan
Registered Users

My Mood:

Thanks for the support everyone! You are all right and I do just need to be more confident in myself, and our decision. Thank you to everyone who took the time to respond!
Ashhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 06:12 PM   #15
amandaev
Registered Users
seller

Oh I have had a friend tell me that my kids can't spend the night at her house cuz we dont vax. Now that is silly. I told her, "If you really have faith in those vaccines, then why does it matter? Your kids are safe...right?"

I usually dont tell people I dont vax. I didn't even tell my mom until DS was one and she could see he was healthy and fine. I just keep my mouth shut. it kind of sucks but, oh well. Sorry about your dilema .
Old 06-19-2008, 07:02 PM   #16
AnnaG01
Registered Users
seller

I do like others here and have a copy of the CDC's ingredients list straight from their website...I actually carry it in my car!

If someone wants to question me, I give them a hard core lecture (if they challenge ME first, I'd never go upto someone and challenge their beliefs) but if someone wants to question me, I am like a dictionary filled with facts, and statements from the EPA, FDA and CDC to back it up...BAM! LOL

*hugs* you are making a wonderful decision to your children and educating yourself is the first step! Keep on going, my goal is to answer any question and be able to refute everything a person who vaccinates says or questions me with... I have lots of facts that I have memorized from .gov or .org websites and I bookmark them and print them for cross references. I am pretty darn close to being able to do this and it's helped me sooooo much!
Riley (6), Skyler (4) , Payton (2) & our new baby Quinn Mackenzie My Blog
AnnaG01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 09:13 PM   #17
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just tell them to think whatever they want, but you're not endangering your child so they are happy.

We're non-vaxing parents as well. I really do think I'll give my son the Tetanus vaccine eventually (still researching/thinking) but it won't be for another few years if I do decide to. Other than that, currently I don't see any others I'd even consider. No one we know agrees with us, but they also see it as our right and know that we're not endangering them/their kids. Doesn't really make sense does it... if they believe vaccines work, then why would my child be a threat to them?

I've gotten use to the comments. If a parent thinks I'm "piggybacking" on all the vaxed kids, then fine. That's okay with me. My kid is still toxin-free.
Old 06-21-2008, 12:46 AM   #18
gogokim
Registered
seller

My Mood:

Carry your cel phone and show them the utube video posted in the News and Current Events section. That will shut anyone up!

As for me... I keep it pretty quiet unless asked directly. It was the hardest to stand firm w/ our ped. I adore him and he is respectful of our decision ever though it goes against what he personally believes.

You are your childs advocate! Keep up the good work
Old 06-21-2008, 12:55 AM   #19
vickieboggs
Registered
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceanwaveshimd View Post
I've learned not to mention it to anyone except a few like minded mamas (they still vaccinate but are on the fence) who I consider good friends and my pedi. It can stir up some strong reactions.
same here!

Lots of WOOLIES for sale, knit, crochet, shorties and longies
vickieboggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 02:10 AM   #20
andivebeen
Registered Users

My Mood:

I support you mama, and I vax (well, selectively ) Good for your for educating yourself rather than following blindly

Due with #2 April 2013
andivebeen is offline   Reply With Quote