Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-20-2008, 04:46 PM   #21
AtoZMomma
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: To shower or not to shower?

I would shower when the baby slept, or I would put the baby in her car seat, all strapped in (you know, the ones you carry--the infant ones)--and take a really quick shower. I felt miserable without a shower and had to squeeze it in!

Advertisement

Old 06-20-2008, 04:52 PM   #22
Primm_n_Proper_Baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Shower? Eh?

No, honestly, especially once you have more than one kiddo there will just be some days you won't shower. You won't die - you may be a bit pitty and greasy, but you're kids & DH will love you just the same!

I can ONLY shower when DH is home and our world is peaceful (as in our little tornado isn't spinning out of control). With four kids, and special needs to boot, you just may see me grease'n it at the grocery store.
Old 06-20-2008, 05:17 PM   #23
AlisonR80
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I used the bouncy seat for many months, til he was too big. Now he goes in the exersaucer right outside the bathroom door because it won't fit in the bathroom. I feel like I can't start my day w/o a shower, though there have been days where I've had to miss my shower.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:06 PM   #24
Swimmingly
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am also a big fan of the bouncy seat. DD would usually fall asleep to the shower noise, and even if she didn't it always calmed her down. I never had a problem.

These days we tag team it in the am. DH changes her while I make a bottle, then I feed her while he takes his shower and gets dressed. Then he takes her and eats breakfast while she either plays on the floor or watches from her highchair, and I get to take my shower. It works for us.

I don't know how it would work if we had more than one though... I can totally see not showering until they were in bed or something. I can only imagine.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:12 PM   #25
even_in_death
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyCivic80 View Post
When my daughter was small like that I would put her in the bouncy seat on the bathroom floor and take a shower. If she got fussy, I would sing to her and she loved it.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:28 PM   #26
itsymama
Registered
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primm_n_Proper_Baby View Post
Shower? Eh?

No, honestly, especially once you have more than one kiddo there will just be some days you won't shower. You won't die - you may be a bit pitty and greasy, but you're kids & DH will love you just the same!

I can ONLY shower when DH is home and our world is peaceful (as in our little tornado isn't spinning out of control). With four kids, and special needs to boot, you just may see me grease'n it at the grocery store.
Lol , ya I have not had a daily shower since my son was born . Now I have the two of them and I am doing good to get 3 whole showers a week

itsymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 07:38 PM   #27
Elena"s Mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyCivic80 View Post
When my daughter was small like that I would put her in the bouncy seat on the bathroom floor and take a shower. If she got fussy, I would sing to her and she loved it.
Yep, and if he's got a little cold or stuffiness the steam might actually help.
My DD was really colicky so I know how you feel. I did not put her down for 4 months except to shower. I strapped her into her bouncy chair and sang to her. I do have a glass shower so I was able to see her the whole time...if you have a curtain you could just place her where you can see him through a crack in the curtain.
just do it! You'll feel so much better if you're clean

ETA: Once DD was a little older I just started taking her in the shower with me.
We shower together every day...we both get clean and we have a lot of fun in there too!

Last edited by Elena"s Mom; 06-20-2008 at 07:44 PM.
Elena"s Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 07:39 PM   #28
Frogjump
Registered Users

Bouncy seat in the bathroom. Or in the shower with me. Either in my arms or laying on his bath thing. Oh, and I've also sat him in his baby tub full of warm water. He loves it and it kills two birds with one stone. We both get clean. I'll admit I've gone in the shower with him sitting in the bouncy seat just because I've needed a minute alone. Once he gets in the nice warm bathroom he calms right down and is good (as in not crying) for 15-20 mins.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:01 PM   #29
Bot Girl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Going to have to agree w/ the bouncy seat in the bathroom. The steamy air will be good for decongesting.
Bot Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 08:05 PM   #30
Lovely
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanntx View Post
agreed, there's no reason for them to learn to cry.

The less they cry as a baby, the less they will cry and whine later!
I agree with that. DD never cried as a baby and she rarely has tantrums.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote