Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-20-2008, 05:15 PM   #1
lovemy3boys
FUN & MENTAL are Fundamental
seller

My Mood:
do NOT touch my kids!!!

omg i just have to get this out. i was at walmart the other day and we are minding our own business as always. we get enough people gawking because we have twins, or because we have 3 boys.. whatever. well, we are doing our own thing and a lady asks me, as she's reaching to touch one of my twins' face, "can i touch?" UM NO!! i just said No please! and she kinda jumped back and was so suprised and smiled and giggled and said, "oh" and walked off.

THEN down another isle, some lady just reaches down without even looking at me first and touches the same baby's chin! as soon as i noticed i just said please don't touch him. and she acted like she had some right to touch MY kids and just walked off.

why on earth do people feel entitled to touch other peoples kids. just don't do it. next time you try, then i'm going to start touching YOU! gonnagetit:

Advertisement

Old 06-20-2008, 05:23 PM   #2
sarahrichardson
Registered Users

Re: do NOT touch my kids!!!

IDK, but I think you did the right thing. Weird.
Old 06-20-2008, 05:25 PM   #3
waitingtobe
Registered Users

My Mood:

OMG! That totally annoys me too! I have had people pick up her paci and give it back to her!

Yuck!

Check out my Mommy Blog at www.andbrooklynmakesthress.blogspot.com
waitingtobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 05:25 PM   #4
LittleB'sMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I KNOW!!
A lady ask me the other day if she could pinch my dd's chubby legs...um excuse me?? no!
Old 06-20-2008, 05:26 PM   #5
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:

I am not polite when people touch my kid. The last time it happened I had my head turned (arm on the cart) to get milk outta the fridge case at the store and some old guy was all up in my kids face, touching her. I was like "DO NOT TOUCH HER" and she was so freaked out. Poor thing. I don't know why people think they can do it. I think it might be a generation thing, the older people tend to try and touch her. And, I am enormously pregnant and it's always the older people trying to touch my belly.
Old 06-20-2008, 05:28 PM   #6
SewWhatMama
Banned
seller

My Mood:

when my oldest was little, I was in a meijer store and a lady asked me if she could hold him....I was like UM NO!!!
SewWhatMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 05:34 PM   #7
jennym91005
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

see, i must be weird, b/c i totally dont mind people touching my son. it usually makes them happy. remindes them of their kids when they were little or their grandkids, or whatever. I was once unloading groceries while holding my son. an older lady abou 70ish said, "here let me hold him while you do that". I was a little nervous, but my mom was ahead of me in line doing her own thing, so i felt safer. You should have seen the look on her face. It totally made her day just to hold him and snuggle my little baby. Who knows what she is going thru in her life, all i know is he made her so happy. when i left, i asked my mom if what i did was ok. she said "absolutely". I felt glad that i was able to make her day with something so small.
Old 06-20-2008, 05:36 PM   #8
Monkeytaylz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was at a Joann's store on a sale day waiting in line to get some fabric cut with my dd in the cart..she was under a year old, and my ds who was almost 3 at the time was running up and down the empty aisle behind me( which was not a problem as he was not being unruly, rude, or loud, just being a busy little boy). a lady went over to him, grabbed his arm, and brought him back to me and says," you need to keep your kid with you!" I said, "you need to keep your hands off my son!"
Okay, maybe she was well-meaning (although not very nice), but still!
Monkeytaylz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 05:37 PM   #9
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:

It just weirds me out because who knows where peoples hands have been. I don't want stranger gunk on my kids face (and they usually go for the face). I mean, they could have just gone to that bathroom, and not washed their hands. Or touched the bottoms of their shoes. Especially with a new baby - no way! When I had DD out when she was really little I wore her and made she was covered up so no one could really get in there or put a blanket over her car seat so no one could see her. It worked.
Old 06-20-2008, 05:40 PM   #10
MamaRudey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We bought a car recently from a nice couple. I went with DH to look at it and had the new baby (about two weeks at the time) with us. He asked if I could take him in to see his wife. I said sure. We went in and she snuggled and goodled the baby. After leaving the house the man informed me that she used to be a pediatrician, but had to give it up because she was in chemo for very severe cancer. My son made her day! People touching my kids does not bother me, sometimes it bothers me if it is their face. But usually they just come up and tell me they are so fat and pinchable. It makes me happy to know that my child made someone's day.
Mama to five!! Married to one of the laziest men on earth! If you need to get ahold of me please be patient...my son has pneumonia, my daughter has a lymphnode infection, we have had a death in the family and the baby is teething...all in one week.
MamaRudey is offline   Reply With Quote