Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-20-2008, 05:41 PM   #11
Primm_n_Proper_Baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: do NOT touch my kids!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennym91005 View Post
see, i must be weird, b/c i totally dont mind people touching my son. it usually makes them happy. remindes them of their kids when they were little or their grandkids, or whatever. I was once unloading groceries while holding my son. an older lady abou 70ish said, "here let me hold him while you do that". I was a little nervous, but my mom was ahead of me in line doing her own thing, so i felt safer. You should have seen the look on her face. It totally made her day just to hold him and snuggle my little baby. Who knows what she is going thru in her life, all i know is he made her so happy. when i left, i asked my mom if what i did was ok. she said "absolutely". I felt glad that i was able to make her day with something so small.
yea, I'm with you; unless they look like a drug addict or something

People should ASK first though!

I love elderly people and my kids love the attention from them, too. Most are far away from thier own families and don't get to visit w/the little ones.

Sorry they touched your kids without asking!

Advertisement

Old 06-20-2008, 05:43 PM   #12
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

If they ask, and seem normal, I'm ok with them patting my baby's hair (people love it b/c it's bright blond and sticks up) or his hand. It's the ones that creep me out that have me hovering over them, growling. LOL
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 05:43 PM   #13
Primm_n_Proper_Baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeytaylz View Post
I was at a Joann's store on a sale day waiting in line to get some fabric cut with my dd in the cart..she was under a year old, and my ds who was almost 3 at the time was running up and down the empty aisle behind me( which was not a problem as he was not being unruly, rude, or loud, just being a busy little boy). a lady went over to him, grabbed his arm, and brought him back to me and says," you need to keep your kid with you!" I said, "you need to keep your hands off my son!"
Okay, maybe she was well-meaning (although not very nice), but still!
Which Joanne's was it? Was it an employee? Had almost the same thing happen up at the one on the south hill .
Old 06-20-2008, 05:43 PM   #14
jennym91005
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneFabMama View Post
It just weirds me out because who knows where peoples hands have been. I don't want stranger gunk on my kids face (and they usually go for the face). I mean, they could have just gone to that bathroom, and not washed their hands. Or touched the bottoms of their shoes. Especially with a new baby - no way! When I had DD out when she was really little I wore her and made she was covered up so no one could really get in there or put a blanket over her car seat so no one could see her. It worked.
not to sound mean or anything, but when your friends or faminly hold your baby, how do you know where their hands have been??? you know how many people dont wash their hands after they wipe, or blow their nose?
Old 06-20-2008, 05:47 PM   #15
My Sweet Blessings
Registered Users
seller

I hate when people touch my kids! I hate it! I had one old lady (walmart employee) KISS my son on the cheek before I could stop her! I was like WTH?!?! We got to the next isle over and I pulled out my sanitizing wipes and wipe his cheek til it was raw.. he got a bath when we got home. Maybe I am paranoid, but why on earth would you kiss a strangers child?!?!?!? I mean, I am sure she was just some granny who loves lil ones, but still.. a total stranger! SHe's not the first to try to kiss him, either. I managed to stop the others. When I was using the infant seat, I would pull the shade down to keep people at bay. When I babywear, I have to hold him close. I had one lady try to reach IN my sling to touch my sleeping baby! I purposefully had him laying in the sling and his head was kinda under my arm... i thought he was shielded until she started to reach in! When you tell them not to touch, they get all offended. LOL. When my son was like a month old I had to take the car in for an inspection sticker. I took him out of the car in his infant seat and put him on the counter. I stood in front of him and held onto the seat, of course. WHile we were waiting for them to finish, this female mechanic came around the corner to look at him. no biggie, look all you want. Then, with her BLACK GREASY DIRTY FILTHY hands tried to touch him! I pushed the seat away and said "please don't touch" as nicely as I could. She got P'OD! I mean really p'od! She started making comments like "what you think I got AIDS or something" and was smarting off at me! I was like "he's only a month old and we dont like people touching him when he's so young". like I even had to deffend myself from that crazy lady!
My Sweet Blessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 05:52 PM   #16
My Sweet Blessings
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
not to sound mean or anything, but when your friends or faminly hold your baby, how do you know where their hands have been??? you know how many people dont wash their hands after they wipe, or blow their nose?
for the first 3 months of my kid's lives, I make them all wash their hands immediately before touching the baby I'm strict! they thought I was nuts at first, but the got used to it. by the time DS2 came, they knew the drill without me even mentioning it However, I do know the people in my family wash their hands on a regular basis. they know im a handwashing freak so they will sometimes say "i just washed my hands" or something. i trust my family. stranger, i do NOt cause I know nothing about them or their hygiene habits
My Sweet Blessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 06:04 PM   #17
LittleB'sMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
NAK
When they ask, I hand them the sanitizer first, then i'll hand her over.
Old 06-20-2008, 06:09 PM   #18
mylittleprincess34
Banned
seller

My Mood:

I don't mind adults as long as they look *clean* but kids that run up and touch get on my nerves. I know it's bad..the kids don't know any better. It's just reaction I guess.
mylittleprincess34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 06:11 PM   #19
Jaimelynne04
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

More than older people touching my babies I despise when people let their CHILDREN paw all over my babies. That drives me insane. Especially when some runny nose kid is shoving his dirty/snotty hands all over my babies face and putting his fingers in their mouths, etc.

Older people don't bother me at all because I used to work in a nursing home and just seeing children means the world to them.
Old 06-20-2008, 06:11 PM   #20
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
With a Newborn (and small infant) anyone who comes in contact with my kiddo MUST wash their hands before handling my kid. And, if they've been sick I ask that they hold off on visiting.

ETA: And, yes I do. And, that is precisely why I don't like strangers touching my kiddos. I'm not really a germaphobe or anything, but I just don't like people I don't know touching my kid (or me!). It's just getting into my personal space. I'm not okay with that.

Last edited by OneFabMama; 06-20-2008 at 06:13 PM.
OneFabMama is offline   Reply With Quote