Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-21-2008, 06:00 PM   #1
iamhere77
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
How do you find the time...

to play with the kids, make meals, do laundry, keep the house clean...all those motherly things AND get the rest you need??? i find i am ALWAYS busy but always behind lol. any suggestions?

Advertisement

Old 06-21-2008, 06:06 PM   #2
LilyGrace
Registered Users

Re: How do you find the time...

Um, you tell your husband that you work the same hours he does and split the duties when he's home. My saturday usually starts off with, "the laundry, dishes, bathroom, and vacuuming need to be done. Which do you want to do?"
Old 06-21-2008, 06:48 PM   #3
iamhere77
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyGrace View Post
Um, you tell your husband that you work the same hours he does and split the duties when he's home. My saturday usually starts off with, "the laundry, dishes, bathroom, and vacuuming need to be done. Which do you want to do?"
certainly not a bad idea! i'll have to give it a shot. i kind of thinking he feels the house work and everything is my job though
Old 06-21-2008, 07:11 PM   #4
bgb699
Registered Users

My Mood:

I don't find the time. Thankfully, we're a very laid back family and very forgiving of each other. And if I remember correctly from my sons' toddler years, I think the next time I get to catch up on sleep is in about 3 years.
Old 06-21-2008, 07:19 PM   #5
eilla05
Registered Users
seller

There is always something un done but I get to it at some point. I do a load of laundry everyday to keep up with it, dishes are done daily also, Dh vaccums once a week for me (G screams..lol he hates it so Dh has to do it ), tub, toilet, shower are done weekly also unless they get really dirty, dusting only about once a month except the small wipe down of the tv, counters and such.

I find if you make a master list of what you must get done on a weekly basis, take about 2 things off the list and do it each day then things get done every week. I do the dishes first thing in the morning while Greyson is playing in the kitchen. I usually spend the first 30m after I give him a bottle in the morning doing dishes wiping counters down picking up real quick and starting a load of wash.

Then I spend another 30m in the afternoon picking up and doing something else that needs to be done. I dont have a spotless house but my house is clean. Once you have kids your level of expectation for your house needs to go down a few notches otherwise you dont enjoy the kids and are always cleaning.
Old 06-21-2008, 07:24 PM   #6
BeckyP
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyGrace View Post
Amen sister. My house isn't the cleanest but I work on preschool work and play with my children everyday. Dh says "as long as the kids are taken care of I don't care what the house looks like."
Old 06-21-2008, 07:37 PM   #7
lydiamom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DH helps out a lot when he is home. My house is always a little messy, but then I've always been messy so its to be expected. I do laundry every other day and dishes every day, and DH and I clean up the clutter after dd goes to bed. Oh and we have her clean up toys as part of her bedtime routine.

I nap when my kids nap--I know I could use the time to clean, but I value my sleep too much!

Baltic Creations co-op now open
lydiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2008, 07:39 PM   #8
Deanner03
"Life's tough. Get a helmet."
seller

My Mood:

Hire a housekeeper. Even if it's a high school girl who comes in on the weekends. Mine comes once/week, dusts, sweeps, mops, vacuums, shampoos carpets once/month, strips beds, etc. TRUST ME...SO WORTH IT!
Old 06-21-2008, 07:42 PM   #9
Indianamom*2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I dont !

Seriously, I dont. I am exhausted and would do anything to get to sleep in for even just 1 hr a week. DH doesnt do anything around here anymore. he thinks that just because he works a "real" job and I stay home, that he shouldnt have to do anything when he comes home, so he leaves it all to me. He thinks that all I do is sit and watch TV or on the computer.

So needless to say, my house is a disaster all the time. Its not dirty, although it is due for another dusting and mopping (we have ALL tile flooring throughout) but there are toys scattered, laundry piled up, beds unmade, bathrooms usually only get a real good cleaning when Im tired of looking at them (usually about every other week), I do clean the kitchen daily and nightly and rinse the tub out after bath time every night.

I have been trying to do at least 2 loads of laundry daily on top of my daily diaper load, to get caught back up but DH seems to make more laundry than I can do in one day !

I can usually pick toys up after bed time but then they are strewn from one end to the other again as soon as DDs feet hit the floor and its a battle to get them picked up through the day so I dont even bother anymore, I just step over them or push them to the side.

I dont even shower daily, I ususally manage a shower about every other day sometimes I have to go 3 days.

Its like I tell my mom all the time (who BTW is OCD about her house and cleans daily top to bottom)... Me and my house may not be presentable to the public, but my kids are ALWAYS clean, well fed, and well taken care of.
Old 06-21-2008, 07:44 PM   #10
Indianamom*2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deanner03 View Post
Hire a housekeeper. Even if it's a high school girl who comes in on the weekends. Mine comes once/week, dusts, sweeps, mops, vacuums, shampoos carpets once/month, strips beds, etc. TRUST ME...SO WORTH IT!
I have seriously thought about hiring a highschool girl here in base housing to come and clean 1x a week for the summer.