Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-23-2008, 02:59 PM   #1
CarrieAnn0413
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
What were the sure signs your lo was ready to pl?

My dd is 2 1/2 and I am watching for signs of readiness. I tried to go with "the list" that you see in magazines, etc... and thought she was ready right before she turned 2...I was wrong. She did ok at first but then started peeing on the floor a lot and it didnt seemt to bother her much or she would pee in her underwear and not say a work about it. And the final straw was when she would cry and not want to go near the potty chair. So I asked her is she wanted to wear diapers again and she said yes. We have been back in diapers for a couple months now. She just started telling me when she poops (about half of the time) but could care less if she sits in pee. So I am pretty sure we aren't there yet but I want to know what to look for. Will it be obvious that she is ready? I would rather wait until she is really ready and have it go quick and easy than to struggle for months for her to get it. So what were the final / definite signs your lo was ready?

Advertisement

Old 06-23-2008, 03:24 PM   #2
Katherine
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: What were the sure signs your lo was ready to pl?

You might not like this answer, but with dd1, the only sure sign we got was when she pl'd herself. She had all the other signs - understood and could verbalize what the potty was for, could tell when she was going to go, asked to be changed, could follow instructions, etc, but she wasn't ready to actually USE the potty until one day she saw her friend get m&m's for using the potty, and decided she'd like in on that action, too. She pl'd herself as far as pee in a week and 2 weeks later pl'd herself for poo (after I said she would get 2 m&m's for a poo in the potty). So, maybe i should say her sure sign was a voracious appetite for chocolate.
Katherine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 03:41 PM   #3
CarrieAnn0413
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: What were the sure signs your lo was ready to pl?

how cute. I think once dd starts to verbalize needing to go / be changed I will will keep the m&m's in mind. DD LOVES chocolate. I would love for her to get it in a week or 2 weeks. That sounds so easy. I must be patient Thanks.