Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-09-2006, 09:28 PM   #1
Five Green Beans
Registered Users
Formerly: mommalilac
seller

My Mood:
Super Clingy 9mth old ?!?!?!

It seems the past 2-3 wks I'm the only one that the baby wants, she cries if I pass her off even to dh which she never used to do. It's fustrating to say the least. I'm not trying to leave her or anything but I'd like to be able to walk away and do the dishes and not have her crawling after me and then climbing up my leg and whaling some more til I pick her up. I cant seem to get a thing done around here. I read somewhere in one of my parenting books that at this age to her, "mommy leaving the room, is like mommy gone forever, babies at this age done comperhend that mommy will return again" 9something like that.

I wear her alot but im not comfortable wearing her while cooking or doing dishes.

about the only break in the day is when I put her in her highchair with some purly-o's or something but even then I cant get much done because I worry about choking and what not as she is new to finger foods.

any tips on ending this vicious cycle? dh seems to thing that I need to leave the house and let her get used to being with out me. but I think that would be kinda damaging and im not sure I could leave if she is crying. she also will not take a bottle and is not very good with a cup yet so I worry even more about being away and her needing to nurse.

Advertisement

Five Green Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 10:07 PM   #2
ewebabymama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Super Clingy 9mth old ?!?!?!

Hey, did I write that? My DD is 8 months old and VERY VERY clingy to me. She will not go to anyone at all. She will go with DH if I leave the room and she doesn't see me leave. If she sees me leave I may as well forget it. My DD also won't take a bottle or anything, so me leaving for more than say, 2 hours is just not in the picture. It's hard, but look at it this way - 16 years from now she is not going to be after you so much wanting you all the time. It won't last forever, that's what I keep telling myself.
ewebabymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 10:09 PM   #3
rds989
Registered Users
seller

This was the age when I bought the ergo. I couldn't even make dinner without dd freaking out. If I walked behind her, she'd cry. Oy. It passed, though, as these things do. I think the main thing to do is give her as much Mommy as you can - it'll bolster her confidence and she'll let go a bit as soon as she can. Not as easy as it sounds, though, is it?!

My old DS feedback: http://www.kikifoxito.com/ds/forum/i...?topic=11507.0
rds989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 03:19 AM   #4
Luv2bemommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

Man, and I thought I was alone......