Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-08-2008, 08:34 PM   #1
lovingmamaoftwoboys
Registered Users

My Mood:
Missing My DH

My DH is working out of town the next two to three months (maybe more)!! He leaves Sunday night and comes home Thurs night. (still works local fridays) My two DD and I miss him so much. My four year old DH is having a hard time. I cant get him in bed at night. It took me tell after 11 to get him asleep. He always wants his Daddy at bedtime. Its just no the same to have mom run through the routine! On the other hand my almost 1 year old DH is finally saying MAMA alot more (before it was mayber once a week)! Its so cute though my 1 yr old hands will put the phone by my ear and go Dad, DADA, DAD.. SO cute!!!

Advertisement

Tooth Fairy Pillows & Much More!!
lovingmamaoftwoboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 08:44 PM   #2
msmamabear
Registered Users
seller

Re: Missing My DH

I am so sorry. My hubby works 80 miles away and doesn't see the kids during the week cause is only home when they are in bed.

Have you tried doing special things with them? like reading an extra story or having a treat? just doing special mom and them things can make it easier then trying to fill dad's shoes.
msmamabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 08:48 PM   #3
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:

I know how you feel. My dh has been working in another state for the past 4 months. He only comes home every 3 weeks. The kids miss him terribly. It is so sad. He'll be home for good in 2 months, though (he'll work from home at that point.)

Do you have a webcam? We do, but in a way it's worse because the kids (well, mostly the drama queen 5 year old) miss him more after they see his face. And the 3 year old---geesh! He knows how to milk it. Every time he's in trouble he wails, "But I miss daddy!" How can I be upset with him after that??? I take lots of pictures/videos of the kids and email them to dh. We send him a care package every now and then, too.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:56 PM   #4
lovingmamaoftwoboys
Registered Users

My Mood:

Thanks for the hugs Mama. I have a even got a babysitter for my 1 year old so I could take my 4 year old to raging waters ( a local water park) and out to dinner. I have been taking him the park, cuddling and watching movies everything. I even gave him a special necklace. Its a big change. Dad has always worked late. So he gets home at bedtime. So bedtime has always been there special time. dad gives him a bath, a snack, brushes his teeth then he lies in bed and watches a movie and rubs his back tell he drifts of to sleep ( i know your supposed to let them fall asleep on their own but bedtime is the only time daddy and him get in the week.) We figure we will do family outing when my DH is home though.However I feel bad complaining when you have your DH gone on (well works late which is close to the same) a regular basis.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:00 PM   #5
lovingmamaoftwoboys
Registered Users

My Mood:

boomer- Wow! Four months so far! thats so cute about your 3 year old.. Kids sure figure out how to work things to advantage quick. Makes me laugh! My hubbys work is supposed to get him a laptop, If it actually happens, then will have to get a cheap webcam and try it!
Old 07-08-2008, 09:29 PM   #6
mama2logan&evan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My dh also works out of town Mon-Thurs most weeks. The webcam sounds like a great idea. I think I'll have to tell him to get one.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:37 PM   #7
msmamabear
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingmamaoftwoboys View Post
I have a even got a babysitter for my 1 year old so I could take my 4 year old to raging waters ( a local water park) and out to dinner.
Do you live in the bay area too? Or is there another raging waters?
msmamabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 10:14 PM   #8
lovingmamaoftwoboys
Registered Users

My Mood:

This raging Waters in is Salt Lake City Utah. Knowing Ut its prob alot smaller than the one in the Bay Area. But its fun. I loved it when I was little. My Dh fell out of his tube in the lazy river (he had a life jacket on) It was so upset that we had to take a huge break. He has a hard time with water in the face. But now he wants to go back..
Old 07-09-2008, 11:33 PM   #9
Kirsie
Registered Users
Formerly: Kir***m
seller
seller

My Mood:

I hear ya! I am lucky that my DD is so young (3mths) that she doesn't really notice and my first is from another relationship. I see it frequently and it is so sad for the little ones.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:29 AM   #10
Happygrl6
Registered Users
seller

DH has been in and out with training lately and is getting ready to leave for a month. Then he'll be home about six weeks before he heads back to Iraq. So I understand all too well! Hang in there and I hope the time passes quickly.

ISO Boyish Side-snapping AI2s in Mediums, especially Grasshoppers diapers
Happygrl6 is offline   Reply With Quote