Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-22-2008, 01:21 AM   #11
lovingmamaoftwoboys
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Missing My DH

So as mentioned earlier my 4 year old DS is a big time daddys boy. My DS has been potty trained since 2 maybe 2 1/2. Now we are having problems with daytime wetting. Not everyday or a whole bunch just a couple times. Twice around bedtime (made since beacuse my DH has to sleep in our bed with daddy so bedtime would be harder w/o daddy home). The other day in the morning when I was trying to get him to change ( he wanted to stay in his jammies but we had some places to go so I couldnt let him).So because of this situations I thought it was a mixture of Daddy going out of town and not wanting to go to bed or change cloths. I asked why he did it and he said (this is a bedtime one) Because you wont let me play outside. Then there are two more incidents.. One was while daddy was home my DS went in the bathroom and peed in the garbage can then today I tried to make our bedtime routine extra special.. We ate dinner, played a little, changed md 1 year old DS diaper, went on a walk to the gas station (a few blocks away) got a special treat and drink for our evening snacks. Came home ate snacks and I said okay we are going to take a bath (my 4 year old loves to bath with brother so I usually let them) brush teeth and read a book. Then Ill get you both some water, lay Baby brother in his crib and Ill cuddle you. So go pick out two books while I get the bath ready.. So my oldest DS gets books and runs and gets in the tub. I am getting towels, jammies and my youngest DS naked for bath. I then set my youngest in the tub and start washing him. My four year old says.. mom I smell pee.. after a sec I asked Did you pee in the tub.. He says Yes... So I get Bailey out.. Tell my son You cant do that. I ask why he let me but The baby in and clean both of them b4 telling me. Then I try again to ask why he is doing this to wich he walks off.. So I clean the tub clean the kids and off to bed.. I just dont know what to do.. I have no idea how to handle it. I know he is going through a hard time and needs special attetion. Wich we have been doing way more with him and giving him extra attetion. daddy and him have a date on the weekends, we have a family date on fridays, and A mommy and boys mondays. Nana also has us all get together on the weekends. we go to the park ,pinic, swiming, whatever. I have been going to red box, given him extra play dates (to help keep him occupied) Being extra extra extra patient. jsut trying to be there for him. But on the other hand I cant let him pee on things so what do i do?dunno:

oh an added note. My poor DS has had a lot of changes this year, First the baby, then we had an older (grandparent age) friend who stayed with us for a lil while, who was my DS buddy he got cancer and moved to CA to be with his boys, Nana used to have at least two Mondays off a month and took the boys those days, which she no longer has but is why she does the weekend thing, My DS started preschool this year and now my DH is out of town...

so any ideas?

Advertisement

Tooth Fairy Pillows & Much More!!
lovingmamaoftwoboys is offline   Reply With Quote