Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-21-2008, 12:11 AM   #1
krickison
Registered Users
seller

3yo "marking" his territory

My friend called me tonight and told me her 3 yo son is peeing all over the house. It started with him peeing in her bed, they thought it was the dog and were ready to have her put down when they caught him doing it today. He is fully potty trained, and has been for well over a year. They live in a small prairie town, and her inlaw live on a farm. He is allowed to go outside to pee when hes at the farm, so we are thinking maybe he thinks its fun to go in the house? Or maybe that he is crying out for attention, dad is a farmer and this is a pretty busy time of year for him. Has anyone ever gone through this before? I suggested she take him to the doc, just incase something is wrong, and maybe for sugestions. Any insight?

Advertisement

Old 07-21-2008, 06:59 AM   #2
marymom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: 3yo "marking" his territory

wow, idk but for you!!
Old 07-21-2008, 09:04 AM   #3
mommyfrog
Registered Users

Boys pee in weird places. I've had my boys pee in the following places.....toybox, bucket, cardboard box, closet corner, parking lot, sister's bed, on each other , and I'm sure there are more I'm forgetting. Someone warned me of this when I was pregnant with my first boy and I thought she was just plain silly. Her son peed in a cup and set it on the counter and she came along and started to take a drink thinking it was apple juice. So yeah, I would say totally normal for his age. Now that she knows it's him, she can just watch him closer to try to prevent it and make him clean it up if he does it again. That's what finally made my 3rd ds quit. It grossed him out so bad, he quite doing it. Now why didn't I think of that 10 years ago?!!!
Jeanie, wife of Paul, mommy of Aurora-20 and married (5/23/94), Oliver-18 (12/27/95), Simon-15 (9/11/98), Savannah-14 (4/9/00), Harrison-11 (2/26/03), Genevieve-9 (2/24/05), and Sebastian-6 (4/24/08), Precious Baby Girl (lost 8/10), Magnus-(4/26/14)
mommyfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 09:36 AM   #4
escapethevillage
Registered Users

My Mood:

It's gross and weird, and pretty dumb... But, most kids experiment with body funcitions at one time.

My niece pooped into a ziplock bag when she was four, just so she could look at it.

A really popular place to pee is the closet. I think most kids will pee in their closet at least once. I don't know why either. Mom doesn't figure it out til she smells it a week later.

I would still put a stop to it. At three, he knows that what he is doing isn't O.K, and now that he's been caught, he can't act like it wasn't him.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:17 AM   #5
krickison
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for some ideas, I will be sure to pass them on. He does know he is wrong and not allowed to do it, but he is 3. She is trying to put a stop to it, he is currently back in diapers. She asked him if he was going to stop and he said no. So she told him he can wear diapers if he wants to pee everywhere. Maybe not the best solution, but shes at her wits end right now. Any other ideas would be great!