Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-21-2008, 01:44 PM   #1
yummymummy07
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
ARGH!!!!

Let's just say it's been a very exciting day for my 1-year-old son and a very frustrating day for me! DS has discovered that he is now tall enough to reach the water in the potty and thought it was great fun to play in. He also discovered the roll of toilet paper...I do have to admit that was a little funny. Worst of all, he just figured out how to defeat the cabinet locks we have in the kitchen and bathroom. Anyone know where I can get some of those magnetic Tot Locks for cheap?

Advertisement

yummymummy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 01:48 PM   #2
Ashleybelle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: ARGH!!!!

Ah yes, they may be cute, but when you suddenly realize they've grown intelligent too, look out!

Our solution has been baby gates.... lots and lots of baby gates=P
DS #1 really just couldn't be stopped. No matter what we did, he'd find a way to get in trouble!

DS #2 almost doesn't even need the baby gates! He's such a mild little guy that the a simple "no Marcus, we don't go in there" calmly ussually keeps him out of trouble=P Some days I can't believe they're related!
Old 07-21-2008, 01:50 PM   #3
LilOutlaws
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

aww my DS is obsessed with anything in the bathroom right now. Especially toilet paper, and the sink. He loves to brush his teeth so he'll climb the step stool and get into the toothpaste. Talk about a mess!
LilOutlaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 03:36 PM   #4
yummymummy07
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

He's like the energizer bunny! He just keeps going and going and going... A little while ago he was trying to climb up the bookcase! Guess Daddy will have to bolt that to the wall when he gets home!

yummymummy07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 03:38 PM   #5
Birdof1985
Banned
seller

My Mood:

we have safety locks that look like zip ties so i know the kids dont know how to undo those- maybe thats an option? we got them in the baby section at walmart. They also have a potty lock and i think maybe even something to stop them from rolling the TP all out.
Birdof1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 03:52 PM   #6
Babydust
Registered Users

My Mood:

Oh yes...lol...ds figured out just shy of his first bday that playing in the potty was FUN. The worst part was the bathroom door didnt latch until today...thank god they finally came and fixed it.
Babydust is offline   Reply With Quote