Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-21-2008, 06:09 PM   #1
Mama2Kayden+Carson
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Do you feel less attractive since becoming a Mom?

I went shopping for shorts today and I HATED trying clothes on. I looked in the mirror and realized my hair needed to be dyed, my makeup was smudged from my one year old throwing water in my face, and my tank top was stretched out from carrying the kids. I felt totally unattractive. I remember before I had kids I LOVED going shopping for clothes, and never missed my appointments at the salon for my haircut and pedicure. Do you feel less attractive since having kids? Do you feel like your DH/So finds you less physically attractive? If you do feel unattractive, do you feel like you have the time or energy to do anything about it??

Advertisement

Mama2Kayden+Carson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 06:11 PM   #2
altuttle
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: Do you feel less attractive since becoming a Mom?

I didn't feel less attractive when I became a mom... I actually felt more beautiful. Now when I became a stay at home mom is when I started to feel the attractivness go away. I feel horribly ugly most days.
altuttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 06:13 PM   #3
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:

I definitely have those days, even more so now that I am 39 weeks pregnant. I feel like a heifer most days, and an ugly one at that. I can't wait to work out!

Last edited by OneFabMama; 07-21-2008 at 06:15 PM.
OneFabMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 06:16 PM   #4
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

sorry to hear you feel that way mama. for me i don't feel any different, i still feel attractive and dh lets me know daily what he thinks so i am grateful for that although he does tell me to tone up which i should..lol
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 06:18 PM   #5
Knits on Earth
Registered Users
Formerly: eden/averymumm
seller

My Mood:

yes!

my skin has gotten worse.

I've gained a bit of weight.

i'm always dirty

Knits on Earth, custom knits
Knits on Earth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 06:20 PM   #6
julieberry
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I feel the same way so big to you.
I hate that my tummy is stretched and I have this nasty muffin top hanging over my jeans. I've started biking with the kids for an hour at least 3 times a week. Eventually I hope it will go away so that I can want to go shopping and want to doll myself up a bit. I miss pedicures and I hate that no matter how good I clean ds up he always gets my shirt covered in food.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:20 PM   #7
Suzanne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well, I know that *I* feel less attractive, mostly because I just have less time to get myself ready to go out the door. However, DH finds me FAR FAR FAR more attractive now. Since having children, I've actually become more comfortable with my body. Hey, it is what it is, right? I guess me feeling less self conscious about my figure (ok, mostly talking naked time here) has released my inhibition a bit, and Aaron finds that super sexy.
Suzanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 06:32 PM   #8
Rosella
Registered Users
seller

I do not feel as attractive - I did for about 6 months, but then the sleep deprivation hit me, and the hormones started dying down, and I woke up to harsh reality one day: the bags under my eyes are enormous, I'm soft around the middle (no matter how much yoga I do), my hair will never be a normal hair texture again (also hormones), and the spider veins in my legs that started during pregnancy are spreading by the day. Not to mention the beautiful asymmetry of my one D cup boob and my one B cup boob

My husband seems to think I am just as attractive, but let's face it, if mama doesn't feel attractive, she isn't as attractive. I try to be confident, but sometimes I just feel dowdy and gross. Being 35 doesn't help, either

We should remember that if a situation cannot be changed, there's no point in worrying about it. If it can be changed, there is no need to worry about it either, we should simply go about changing it. His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama
Rosella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 06:37 PM   #9
FernHollow
Banned

My Mood:

Yes, definitely. Especially after my most recent baby (#3 in 4 years) was born! I frequently go through the day so busy that I realize in my pjs at 2pm So if I am showered and in clean clothes I consider that a major accomplishment. I realized the other day how horrible my nails look and I really wish I had either time or money to get them done! I feel like I am starting to look more like a 'mom' where as before I got mistaken for the babysitter.

This has been on my mind lately and I'm hoping as my littlest one gets a little older I can go to the salon and feel like 'me' again. Not that I went very often, I just feel really plain looking right now. My clothes are very basic comfortable clothes, I rarely wear makeup anymore, you get the idea.
FernHollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 06:46 PM   #10
vickieboggs
Registered
seller

My Mood:

yup!

Lots of WOOLIES for sale, knit, crochet, shorties and longies
vickieboggs is offline   Reply With Quote