Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-21-2008, 06:46 PM   #11
sandrc
Registered Users
seller

Re: Do you feel less attractive since becoming a Mom?

definitely! i've gotten bigger boobs which is a plus, but then again they sag like there's no tomorrow. i have spider veins and stretch marks on my legs, my booty jiggles when i brush my teeth (dd finds this hilarious by the way) i've gained weight, i was really proud that i'd lost so much weight just by nursing, i was down to my pre high school size but since weaning i've gained that weight plus some back and i don't fit into any of my clothes right, my jeans are way to tight and uncomfortable but i can't afford to go buy bigger ones.
oh yeah, that's another thing. before baby i actually had money to go buy a few clothes from walmart and to actually go get a haircut. i've never been one to go do nails or pedicures, i have had my hair cut when needed. not a high maintenance person but that's taken a huge downturn since i can't afford it and it shows.
oh and dh doesn't do anything to make me feel attractive either.

Advertisement

Old 07-21-2008, 07:06 PM   #12
camelfam
Registered Users
seller

I hate to say it, but yes.

I've gained a lot of weight, I have a ton of pregnancy stretch marks and varicose veins, I wear hardly ever dress nice since I'm just cleaning around the house, it is really hard to get a shower before noon when DD goes down for a map. I just feel gross.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:10 PM   #13
Nebula
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

"Unattractive" is too soft of a word for how I feel.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:16 PM   #14
JDT
Banned

My Mood:

When I stayed home I didn't feel very attractive. I never dressed up or wore make up. I had no reason to.

Now that I work I feel like a smokin hot mama! I get lots of attention from men - LOVE THAT! And in the city where I live the men are VERY vocal when they see what they like.

It did take me some time to get used to my mama's body. I have more belly than I had as a childless woman. But I feel very good about myself!
JDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 07:25 PM   #15
mom2piddle
Registered Users
seller

Most days I don't have time to notice what I look like but the other day I took a quick look in the mirror and boy was it bad!! I'm young and want to look nice...not that I have to have a huge wardrobe or even a name brand one at that but more then 2-3 pairs of jeans that fit for work and my stretched out t-shirts would be nice.....I would also like to get a cute haircut...something that can be done in a hurry and don't require a blow drier would be the best!
Old 07-21-2008, 07:25 PM   #16
Mommyof2Princesses
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think it's easy to get lost when you are a SAHM. It's easier to stay in pj's all day and not waste make up etc.... I think when dd was younger and not in school I was more unhappy because I did stay in my pj's etc... I didn't have to be anywhere. But now even though I weigh more then I ever have I still feel good when I get up and get ready for my day! Plus you never know when people will just drop by, I've had 4 or 5 unexpected visitors in the past week.
Dh tells me everyday that I'm beautiful or cute and sometimes both! It's the times that I don't expect it that I love the most, when I"m washing dishes or knitting or sewing. It keeps me happy!
Mommyof2Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 07:37 PM   #17
shel*bel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Although DH constantly reassures me that I'm beautiful, I do feel less attractive. I had a hard time losing weight after DS #2, though after DS # 3 I'm back down to pre-preggers weight (only have the DS#2 weight to go!). This weekend I had a... moment (I'm trying to paint myself in a better light) DH and I were going out to dinner (first time since DS #3 was born) and I had gotten dressed up and put on a little makeup (didn't have time to do the whole thing as I still was trying to get dinner started for DS #1 & 2, BF DS#3 and make sure diapers were stocked for my sister who was sitting). As I was grabbing my purse, DH asked me if I was going to do my makeup in the car. I told him that what he sees is what he gets, but it really hurt my feelings because I did put on a little make up... I just didn't do the 30 minute version.

I make sure I'm clean and dressed (and not in sweats) every day, but I just don't have time to do my makeup (nor is it practical with as much as my face gets smudged by my kids). I feel a little overwhelmed sometimes because I feel like I should look nice... but I'm hoping it will come back with time.

Keeping my fingers crossed!
Old 07-21-2008, 07:45 PM   #18
angel0123
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yes... my body is gone to crap. I have 40 yr old saggy boobs and I am 32. I miss my smokin body...
Old 07-21-2008, 07:45 PM   #19
3rdontheway
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes, especially to veins all over my legs and the stretch marks on my belly. SO doesn't even seem to notice them though.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:46 PM   #20
MyM&W
Registered Users
Formerly: maddiesmommy0503
seller

My Mood:

I actually feel better about myself then before I got pregnant.

I do have days when I feel really bad about myself...but I always get over it...

I love my body better then before...it shows I was able to hold my child for almost 9 months and i hope I love it even more when I have another

The only thing I don't like is my saggy boobies..and I'm only 22! Oh well...its not from breastfeeding, it runs in the family

Last edited by MyM&W; 07-21-2008 at 07:49 PM.
MyM&W is offline   Reply With Quote