Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-21-2008, 08:22 PM   #21
momof2jmwjaw
Registered Users
seller

Re: Do you feel less attractive since becoming a Mom?

I definitally do. I won;t even where shorts anymore. I haven't had a hair cut in forever. What's the point. I only ever wear it in a pony tail. I can't fit anything. I just can't wait to lose this weight. SO doesn't find he less attractive. He could care less how I look.

Advertisement

Old 07-21-2008, 08:23 PM   #22
pinkflamingos77
Registered Users

Yes!!
Old 07-21-2008, 08:25 PM   #23
3rockstars
Registered Users
Formerly: FaeryGnomeHome
seller

absolutely. let's rephrase. abso-freakin-lutely. my old clothing doesn't fit, every.single.shirt has spit up stains, and a lot of them have holes on the hip from a certain little baby and her snappi. i don't have the time to shower most days much less put on makeup or do my hair. so yeah, feeling gross most days. if i try to take the time to do these things i end up with 3 children screaming at me or each other. you do the math.
Old 07-21-2008, 08:27 PM   #24
oregonmom
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I did not feel too bad after the first, felt kind of less attractive after the second and feel down right ugly now after our third.
I have no time or place to exercise much at all. I am slinging/carrying our youngest any time I am not sitting.
I am about 60+ pounds heavier then when we got married.
Even my DH has commented on how I use to be so much prettier.
Old 07-21-2008, 08:28 PM   #25
Guardandolaluna
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i looked better after the first one. soso after the second. Now after #3 i am definitely frumpy

Guardandolaluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 09:24 PM   #26
ladylee
Registered Users

My Mood:

My skin is really dry and my hair is thinner.I am really skinny -sucks. If you feel the opposite, don't judge me. I had this problem until I was 17 years old. Got made fun of of all the time.

I used to be a healthy 117 pounds but 4 months after first child, I dropped to 96. Gained 60 pounds when pregnant with 2nd ans now I weigh 105; I am almost 5'5. Weight keeps dropping. No medical issues but anxiety. They tested thyroid and many other conditions - all negative.

I long to feel sexy I miss being a healthy weight and REALLY miss having some kind of muscles. I guess bedrest really did it in for me (6 months). My muscles are still atrophied. I guess I should use my YMCA membership. We pay A LOT of money for that.

Doctor is basically forcing me to work out - cardio and weights because I am so out of shape. I need to add protein shakes and see a nutritionist.

My clothes are so outdated. I work part time during the school year and have to look all professional yet my clothes are so outdated and all of my money goes toward my kids, which I am not complaining. I like shopping for them more than me. I HATE SHOPPING.

I am almost 34 years old - oh my! So, I am just feeling old. I do look pretty young for my age, which helps feeling sexy a little.

Last edited by ladylee; 07-21-2008 at 09:28 PM.
ladylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 09:31 PM   #27
amphibology29
Registered Users
seller

Before becoming a mom I struggled constantly with an eating disorder and with body image perception problems. I was in and out of therapy... it wasn't a good time for me. But since becoming a mom, I have made leaps and bounds that no amount of therapy ever could have accomplished. I feel like a more beautiful person, even on days when I have circles under my eyes and my hair is a mess. I am so much more comfortable in my own body now, and I honestly think the confidence being a mother has given me in my body and appearance has helped me project a more beautiful face to the world. Before I became a mother I was complimented well enough, but since becoming a mother I have had perfect strangers in the grocery store come up to me and tell me what a beautiful, radiant person I am. Being a mother makes me radiate beauty, even on days when society's mirror might beg to differ.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:33 PM   #28
honeybuns
Registered Users
seller

oh yes.. but i wouldnt have it any other way. i love my boys and when im old and grey they better take good care of me like i have them.. and only cloth if i need that HAHAHHA
Old 07-21-2008, 10:13 PM   #29
ttachuk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I definitely have my days...especially since I feel that I no longer buy the same quality clothing as I did before kids. I just feel like it's useless to shell out $80 for jeans when the $80 could buy so much for my kids.
Old 07-22-2008, 01:46 AM   #30
lulusmom
Keepin' it Crunchy!
seller

My Mood:

I cut my hair short when I was pregnant and now an anxiously wishing it would grow out faster. I'm growing out bangs too that are at a weird length, and I havent gotten a pedicure in over a year. I too never missed my hair and nail appointments before having dd. Now that she's older and getting in shape is more of a priority, I do drop her off at my mom's every evening so I can go to the gym for a couple hours. Honestly, that has brought back a lot of my self-confidence. I will start tanning again in a couple days too and that will help tremendously as well.

Helen-Natural birthing, extended bf'ing, cosleeping, non-vaxxin' mama to Holly Lu 8/18/07
lulusmom is offline   Reply With Quote