Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-11-2006, 12:00 AM   #11
ocean_o_curls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Medium FB doesn't fit already?????

you must have a chunker dd is 22lbs and has very chunky thighs and she still has onemore snap on the legs to go. I would maybe buy one large to see if it fits before you buy a whole bunch

Advertisement

Old 05-11-2006, 12:13 AM   #12
MomsHelpingMoms
Registered Users
Formerly: teresaarrington
seller

Don't feel bad, my dd is 6 months old and has been on the largest setting since 5 months. She isn't even overly heavy. at 18 pounds, she is festively plump with the cutest legs, but my MED. FB's are getting too tight. She now wears my Blessed Bottomz and they fit her great. I still own 3 med. FB's, but they are about to go to a more deserving home

Miley Rae was born July 29, 2008 6lb3oz 19"
MomsHelpingMoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 06:48 AM   #13
havanadaydreamin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I wouldn't go with larges, b/c the waist would be way too big for him. I would try a petite toddler instead.

When I first got my FB, I had bought larges for my 21 lb 10 month old at the time, and they about fell off of her! But a medium would have been too small for her thighs. I ended up getting petites instead and those fit her great.

Also, her thighs slimmed down a lot when she started walking. I have ended up having to sell some of her large fitteds b/c they are too big around the legs now!
Old 05-11-2006, 07:42 AM   #14
wbkt8
Registered Users
seller

i agree that you may find your kiddo slims down quite a bit. it is funny how it works. i started cding when dd was 9 months....she weighed about 19lbs, 21" waist, 13" thighs, & 15-16" rise....it was hard b/c larges were really too big still (esp. in the rise) but it was hard to snap mediums around her big belly. then she started slimming down when she got more mobile around 11-12 months.

now she's 20mo & 23ish lbs, 20" waist, 13" thighs (still), and a 17.5" rise and she's just now starting to grow out of mediums in the rise but not in the waist/thighs.

you might also want to check out some other brands of pockets - maybe another style would have a better fit for you guys. GADs and SEZ are pretty popular around here.
Old 05-11-2006, 07:59 AM   #15
treecitydiapers
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by havanadaydreamin
I wouldn't go with larges, b/c the waist would be way too big for him. I would try a petite toddler instead.
The thigh measurement on the mediums is 10-13in and the PT is 9-12. So if thigh is the problem with the med then the PT won't work.

Larges you can at least cross over the top snaps for the waist.
Old 05-11-2006, 09:33 AM   #16
girlywily
Registered Users
seller

Thanx everyone.. I agree w/ Molly, Petite won't work if his thighs are the problem....

I might look into Snapez.. can anyone tell me the difference in snapez to FB?

and what about the size? should I look into larges in Snapez?
girlywily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 10:02 AM   #17
wbkt8
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlywily
Thanx everyone.. I agree w/ Molly, Petite won't work if his thighs are the problem....

I might look into Snapez.. can anyone tell me the difference in snapez to FB?

and what about the size? should I look into larges in Snapez?
well, i've only tried SEZ fleece pockets (chubby medium) and cotton pockets (large). as i said above, dd can pretty comfortably wear a medium FB (20" waist, 13" thigh, 17.5" rise) except that the rise is a little short. the fleece pockets are very stretchy and the only downside to them for us in the rise....i think you might find the chubby medium to be a good choice - not too long in the rise but with plenty of waist/thigh room.

ruth (of sez) has a pretty extensive sizing chart describing all the different types of pockets & their sizing on her website. www.snap-ez.com

she also has the option to add extra waist snaps too - so you can customize the fit a bit more.
Old 05-11-2006, 01:12 PM   #18
SarahJane
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Jumping in here.

We just went through this. From the sounds of it you have a similar fit issue to my son. Except for him it's his bottom not his legs that are causing the medium fb issues. I sold half of mine last week and I'm hanging on to half to use when one insert is enough.

We love SNAP-EZ and have the larges. I debated, but it's pefect for him. Both the PUL and the Fleece larges fit great. I've just ordered a GAD, and will post what I think next week. Overall the fit of SNAP-EZ is far superior for a baby almost out of mediums but not ready for large FB. I have a few larges that I may part with since mine is mobile and will most likely continue to slim down.

HTH