Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-11-2006, 10:34 AM   #11
Bare Bottom Gear
Cruelty is a tyrant that's always attended with fear
Formerly: SAHMTo2
seller

My Mood:
Re: Can someone please explain cloth wipes??

Quote:
Originally Posted by frawwgwithtadpoles
OK...I'm convinced...I need to use these! Anyone know where I can get some cheap or even trade something for them?
I have just started making some. WAHM section is a good place. That's where I'll go with mine once I get them done. Just got a serger so have to wait for it to arrive as I didn't like T&T'ing mine. I like the look of the serged edges better.

There are some very nice ones in the WAHM section for $1.00 ppd a wipe or around that. Some are 7x7, 8x8 or you can ask them to make a specific size that you are looking for. Some have asked for 5x7 size.

Good luck!

Advertisement

Check out my other FSOT items, I've got diapers, yarn and fiber for sale!!
Bare Bottom Gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 10:48 AM   #12
Genna
Registered Users

Thank you guys so much! I think I'm convinced... although I think DH might be a little harder to convince. Oh well, I change the majority of the diapers while he's at work anyways! I'm going to start looking around. I thought I could use one of those little squirt bottles the give you in the hospital after you give birth... I have found so many uses for that stupid bottle, LOL!
Genna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 11:08 AM   #13
ChurchPunkMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes, peri bottles are awesome for wipes solution - I've actually seen them sold on diaper sites as "wipes solution bottles"! I made a bunch a while back. I had lots of flannel around the house and used that. Since then, I've bought some from Strawberries and Sunshine and also EcoDipes/Heavenly Hineys - I love both kinds. I've used Honey Chunks and now I'm using Washy Wafers (Sheepish Grins) for wipes solution. Sometimes though, I get lazy and rather than making wipes solution, I just wet a wipe with water. I've also put them in the box with water, vit E oil and a drop of lavender oil. Just always remember to boil the water before using it - otherwise it will smell musty after a few days. I don't rinse my wipes either - just toss em in the bucket! Even the toddler poo ones. I LOVE cloth wipes, they're way easier, imo. Now I don't have any garbage when I change dipes!
ChurchPunkMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 11:12 AM   #14
widdlelou
Registered Users

I had a terrible time finding sposie wipes for my DD that wouldn't break her out. Now t hat I'm in cloth I'm using cloth wipes, my leftover sposie wipes Ikeep for wiping up messes on the go, sticky hands and nasty high chairs. THe only sposie wipes that owrked were Kirland's from Costco. I usually just use water, I'm going to try out a homemade solution one of these days when I'm not so darn lazy But I bought some wipes second hand when I bought my diaps second hand, they are mainly jsut wash clothes. I use of hte cheapo little baby washclothes, but the valour ones are really nice, they do such a better job at getting the pooh up. I have one little soft valour one that ahs terry ont he other side but like a really really soft terry and I only have to use that one for a pretty big toddler doo.
Due with baby girl #2 2/26/08
widdlelou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 11:13 AM   #15
rowynne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I LOVE my cloth wipes, I have about 60 (some upstairs, some down & some for the diaperbag). I keep dixie drop solution in 2 spray bottles in the house & a foaming travel wipe solution from northern essence in my diaperbag. I get all my wipes from ontariomama or mommato2 & they are both on here
rowynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 12:20 PM   #16
Shay
Banned

I bought almost 40 wipes from fuzzi Fannies. They are cute and soft. Can't wait to use them.
Shay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 12:41 PM   #17
geckoed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

the dollar store sells baby washcloths 3 for $1. They are terry-like on one side- for scrubbing messy bums, and VERY soft on the other for casual wiping. Nice size too. I have a spray bottle of water and spray and wipe often. I have a wipes box that I fill with 1.5" of water and 2 drops of tea tree oil (so it won't start smelling old/mildewy) then I stuff it w/ wipes. The wet wipes are DH's preferred method and I toss them in a ziplock for outings. HTH