Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 05-12-2006, 12:50 PM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Tips on Turning a Breech Baby?

I wanted to say all of that. but everyone thinks I am so weird with my natural birthing ways. I would try a breech birth anyday if baby was in a favorable position. My sisters mom deleivered frank breech ( butt first) and said it really wasnt that bad.
Some babies wait until they are good and ready so I agree wait as long as possible.
If htis is your first baby however. it is rare they will allow you to attempt a breech birth. becaseu they worry that they whole baby would be out and the head would get stuck. BUT if you delievered a baby before that is not something they get too concerned with..

Melissa, At home, homeschooling, proud LDS Mom to 3 miracles on Earth, 5 angels in heaven, Nothing butt cloth is now closed. Thank you for 5 years of support.
nothing_butt_cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 02:48 PM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:

I know some deliver breech, but OMG the way AJ was in me I couldnt even imagine , he was butt first and legs curled HOLY COW! LOL JMI it would have been tough, but I really hope and pray every day that when we have #2 I can go VBAC because I want that experience.

Good luck, and get washing those floor on all fours heehee.
SAHM Kristen wife to Anthony Sr. Mommy to Anthony Jr (AJ) 12/14/04 and Christopher William 10/02/07
kugrinic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 03:21 PM   #13
Registered Users

My baby was breech at the 32 week sono. We thought she turned head down, but three days past my edd her foot was down. Now we think the doctor was feeling her butt and thought it was her head. At that point there was nothing to do to turn her. I had a c-section. Since I had planned to have a non-medicated birth, it was not what I wanted, but it was not that bad. THe important thing was that I have a beautiful healthy daughter.

I did see a chiropractor and we did the webster technique which is supposed to help with breech. Since my dr. said the baby was head down at 36 weeks, we did not continue doing it.

My doctor does not do VBAC's so I understand your concern there. I am left with the choice of another c-section or switching doctors. Since my dd is not even three months old yet I am not stressing about it yet.
Wife to Sam (12/21/2002), mom to Katherine (2/22/2006)
cskeeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 08:44 PM   #14
Registered Users
Formerly: Ms.LillyAnnzMommy
My Mood:

Lilly was frank breech and flipped that way @ 32 weeks.... I did do the aversion and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone I know was the most painful thing in the world... when I get home I will upload a photo of lilly( day she was born ) and it will make you look twice that I guarentee... I tried to spinning baby tech however due to the fact my hips are messed up and seriously un-even (didn't know that till at this point) I was unable to move her back my self

Good luck

Moo&LaLasMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 09:54 AM   #15
Registered Users

Yeah-Im no use to you.

My second DD was breach and only turned because we lived through a tornado. Apprarently she found the changing barometric pressure a good reason to turn around. I believe that was at 30 something weeks.

That was just uncomfortable.

Good luck!
smugsmilz is offline   Reply With Quote