Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-12-2006, 03:11 PM   #21
DakotasMommy
Registered Users

Re: Anyone else with a 4 month old???

Thanks mamas. I havent gone through the "baby" stage in a loooonnnnnnggg time, so I worry about everything. Its almost like I am a new mother again (even though technically I have 8 children). Still feels like everything is new, and I worry about everything. Go figure.

Advertisement

DakotasMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 04:38 PM   #22
Kelolsen-and-Padawan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My friend has a giant baby - he's 5 months and 25 lbs. he was 11 lbs at birth. Every baby is different and grows differently. My other friend had a big baby -10 lbs at birth and she was big and chubby. She's 14 months now and only 22 lbs so now she's on the small side (she's a shortie). Its all good...
Old 05-13-2006, 06:32 AM   #23
andreusmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My lil one is almost five months. and he weighs 18lbs, and is 27 inches long. He was born prematurely and while our doc thinks he's a monster she says he's perfectly healthy.
andreusmommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 11:24 AM   #24
SheilaJoy
I grow people
seller

I wouldn't worry about a baby being at risk for diabetes or obesity if they are under a year and breastfed. At 4 months, a baby is not even eating solid food yet, so how can he be at risk for those things?? Silly.
My dd was 14.7lbs at her 4 month checkup, but my ds's were all probably 16 or 17lbs at theirs. Babies grow differently, they get chubby, then they get longer and thin out. I wouldn't worry at all. My oldest ds was a big fat baby and toddler. Now he's 9 and the skinniest thing in the world.
SheilaJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 10:17 PM   #25
rawkstarwife
Registered Users

I don't think 17 lbs. at 4 months is chubby at all! DS rocketed up to 15 lbs. by the time he was 3 months, and pretty much slowed down to normal growth rate after that.

Now, I once saw a 4 month old at a dr. visit that was 26 lbs!!!! That's bigger than my 20-month-old!!! This poor dear was so chubby that she could barely move. Her thighs were as big around as my head!

As long as your baby seems happy and healthy and has no other problems, I don't see any reason to stress over weight. Of course, we moms stress over everything, so I might as well not try to give that as advice!
rawkstarwife is offline   Reply With Quote