Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-12-2006, 03:54 PM   #1
ivysmomma
Registered Users

Need advice

So, my store has been open since the beginning of April and I have had absolutely no sales. It's getting really depressing. I know I should do more advertising, but I'm not sure what else to do. I've been getting hits (thanks to statcounter.com, I now know that! Thanks for that!) but no sales.

Does anyone have any advice on how to get a sale? Is there something wrong with my website? Does it look bad? Am I not selling enough items? I'd appreciate ANY advice you ladies have to give!

Jamie

Advertisement

Visit The Little Stinker Store! Find everything you need for your little stinker.

Stocking the 2nd and 16th of the month at the Wonderful World Congo! Check it out!!
ivysmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 06:41 PM   #2
Pocket_Mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Need advice

I like the colors! I didn't like how I had to click quite a few times to see what the website had to offer. Having the button links on the right was different, too!

Maybe on the front page, have pics of items for sale so that people know right away when they see the page ... ?
Pocket_Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 06:52 PM   #3
Birdee
Registered Users
seller

You have some great stuff - love the advocacy Tees!!

But yeah you really need to advertise - try some banner ads here and other boards - also maybe a grand opening sale? The free shipping is great but if someone is buying for the first time from your store they may be less inclined to buy $40 worth but may buy something little if there's like 10% off just top see how they like your store. Repeat business from good CS is what makes s uccessful WAHM I think.

Also, it takes about 3-4 clicks just to see what you have to sell - so yes you need to make it easier to see what we can buy

HTH!
Birdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 07:09 PM   #4
ivysmomma
Registered Users

Thanks for the feedback. I had a grand opening sale the whole month of April, but it didn't do any good. I'm also planning on putting anouncements and featured products on the front page. It's really hard for me because my husband is doing my web design and he makes it really difficult to criticize the way things are. Maybe if I let him know other people thought it was a little difficult the navigate he will take the advice.

Jamie

Visit The Little Stinker Store! Find everything you need for your little stinker.

Stocking the 2nd and 16th of the month at the Wonderful World Congo! Check it out!!
Old 05-12-2006, 09:08 PM   #5
~Woollybottoms Mama~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Some catchy pics on the front page would be great with some info about yourself and your business--maybe needs to be a little more personal. There does seem to be a lot of clicking to get to the items, and people may not be on the site long enoght to see what all goodies you have. Getting your name out there is the tricky part. Ebay is a wonderful tool. I sell more there than from my website right now, though that is starting to grow quickly. It all goes hand in hand. You might try a hyena cart too as you will be listed on the hyena page with many similar sites and you will be clicked on by the people you especially want to target. You have to work really hard to physically get your name out and about in the cyber world just like in the real world too. Have you checked with where you live locally about selling through boutique shops or baby specialty shops? Try to stick with it, you are offering some great stuff
~Woollybottoms Mama~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 09:36 PM   #6
MomsHelpingMoms
Registered Users
Formerly: teresaarrington
seller

I think you have some great stuff, but to agree with the other gals, you do have to click quite a few things before you get to see any of it. As people, we tend to have a 15 second attention span, ON A GOOD DAY! So if we don't see picture soon, we are outta there. We pretty much need to see stuff on the front page. Advertising is a must. I would hand out business cards (free at Vistaprint.com) to get some local business as well. You never know who is waiting and willing to CD. I always wanted to, but never looked into until a friend showed me how easy it was. I was ignorant to the info out there.

Some local magazines and papers will let you place a free ad for not for profit dealings. You can put an editorial on CD and its benefits and just attach your info if they are curious and want to learn more. I have loads of great advertising information, pm me if you would like some more!

Good luck!

Miley Rae was born July 29, 2008 6lb3oz 19"
MomsHelpingMoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 10:17 PM   #7
lovencloth
Registered Users
seller

Location: MN, I have cats, but they don't smoke, and neither do we.

OK, on my puter the colors were super bright and hurt my eyes a little (just saying diff. computer resolutions will do that) that might be enough to make me leave right away. The purple on white was a little hard to read. It was difficult to immediatly deturmie where I needed to go/click to get to see what I wanted. People generally don't like "click throughs" customers want instant gratification.
I really liked the graphics a lot, I liked the font the icons were in, I think the color sceme itself was really good, just might want to soften it a hair if possible. I would eliminate that page that has you choose for Mama or for baby or view cart and go right to page three. JMO. I think (as pp's said) you might be loosing buyers in the clickthough.
Old 06-13-2006, 04:05 PM   #8
ivysmomma
Registered Users

Okay, I redid my website layout a little bit and changed the color scheme. I still want to have some sort of a featured product on the main page, but with dh I need to take things one step at a time, lol. What do you guys think now?

Jamie

Old 06-13-2006, 04:20 PM   #9
Fuzzi Fannies Creations
Temptress of Fuzzi Fannies Diapers
seller

My Mood:

The colors just aren't right.. not sure if I would do the pastels with the brighter background... the words seem a bit hard to read...kinda bothers my eyes.. you def need more pictures.. babies in cloth and stuff on your homepage.. make it really inviting.. make me WANT to clikc more!

Hope that helps..
Old 06-13-2006, 04:43 PM   #10
ocfb16
Children will forget your presents. They will always remember your presence.
seller

Yeah I agree with the above post. I am not sure if it's an option for you but I would maybe change the background colors. They tend to hurt my eyes when I was trying to read and distracted me from the products. Maybe it's the lines, I do not really know. Just wanted to let you know what I thought. I hope you can get some sales!