Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 10-10-2015, 11:49 AM   #1
Registered Users
Any good fall recipes?

I really want to make some nice hearty fall dishes. Toddler friendly is a plus!

Courtney0694 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 05:39 PM   #2
Registered Users
Re: Any good fall recipes?

Yes please, ideas and recipes would be great! I'm drinking hot tea myself right now, which isn't the most toddler friendly. I bought some biscuits in a tube for the cooler weather, and then they got exploded and the weather heated back up again, whoops. Pho would be on the menu soon if the kiddos would give me more time to cook, any type of hot soup is good at this time of year.
twood80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 07:28 PM   #3
Registered Users
We had chili and corn muffins earlier this week when it cooled down, which always seem fall-y to me. I'm planning to make lentil shepards pie later this week for dinner on a day when I'm off from work and have time for all the components. We baked ginger snaps for a treat yesterday and I love the tangy spice combination. Dinner was stuffed bell peppers. I have an acorn squash to use this week that will likely be baked into squash "fries". I love seasonal fall foods, so colorful and rich!
Wife. Midwife. Mother. Not necessarily in that order depending on the day!
dudleypippen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 07:31 PM   #4
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
My Mood:

Taco chicken chili in the crock pot
Erica , wife to Ben, momma to Steven11.06 Emily9.10 Matthew 8.13
Forever in my heart, always on my mind (3.09, 5.09, 12.11)
"Life's too short to buy green bananas"
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 03:04 PM   #5
Sara Slipper Socks
Registered Users

Roasted veggies! Parsnips, carrots, potatoes, beets.
Sara Slipper Socks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 09:46 AM   #6
Registered Users
My Mood:
most of these you can find online or cookbooks

Things i have seen or eaten:

White chilli, red chilli, taco soup, tomato (add oregano & real tomatoes) & grilled cheese sometimes with meat), corn dog bites & sides, meatloaf, fajitas (chicken or steak), stir fry, mac & cheese ( some times add flavored meats) lasagna, taco bars, pot pie, shepards pie, beef cups in muffin tin & biscuits (tacos or breakfast or like fixings inside bscuits). Spagetti & meatballs & bread, i can eat oinion shortbread as meal myself but usually as side, chicken tortilla soup, bulgogi ( like mongolian beef style), bean soup, chicken & noodles over potatoes, chicken & sides

Wasseo drink

Ate too much pea soup as kid so icky now for me

Sent from my SCH-I415 using DS Forum
Join me making money doing the following: shopkick, Swagbucks, fronto unlock screen , Perk and Perk unlock screen, receipthog,1Q, Free Eats, panel app, qmee, bzzagent, amazon-my habit, slidejoy unlock screen, smiley360, adme unlock screen, Rewardrack, Snap by Groupon, reviewsio, swaggable, checkpoints referral name: jmnhuisman, pinchme referral code: 54K7J, lootpalace, shopalong , drizzle sms - clock, yerdie

Last edited by abunchoflemons; 11-03-2015 at 10:06 AM.
abunchoflemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 11:25 AM   #7
Registered Users

turkey pumpkin chili When I make this I do add beans.

harvest stew-I used a magazine recipe that I cannot find anymore. However it was basically beef stew with diced pumpkin, diced acorn squash, and diced butternut squash, peeled of course. I believe it also had diced sweet potato. It would probably taste good with green beans as well to give it a contrasting color and a bit of a crunch if you don't over cook the beans.

Lentil stew is also warming and filling. the pasta is optional but in my opinion it is needed.

We just had sausage and cabbage soup last night for dinner. So delicious. I loosely followed this recipe. As in I used different veggies because I didn't have carrots or celery. I also used black beans instead of red because that is what I happened to have in the house. I didn't use bullion and water, rather I used homemade chicken stock. I also greatly increased the spice used and added in an equal amount of basil. I had garlic in my beans or I would have added that as well. I doubled the recipe and had to freeze left overs to prevent my husband and me from over eating. I did find it to be a nice base recipe. In other words a recipe easily adjusted to your family's preferences and dietary needs. A plus in my book.

Split pea soup with either corn bread or dinner rolls. I make mine with a bag of split peas, celery, turkey ham(ds is allergic to pork), a sweet potato, a couple of carrots, a couple of bay leaves, marjoram, and garlic(almost all our food has garlic) and whole milk to make it creamy. My younger son gets his pulled before the last minute addition of milk or cream as he can't have dairy. We like ours smooth and creamy so we use the hand blender to puree it all(except for the ham). My husband didn't like it until I added in the sweet potato. Now he loves it.

Last edited by qsefthuko; 11-03-2015 at 11:34 AM.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 12:58 PM   #8
Registered Users
My Mood:

I got a big pkg of ground beef (4lbs) to make some meals for people at church, but I also wanted some leftovers for us! I combined two recipes and used my crock pot. It ended up being a taco meat mixture that I put with tortillas, rice, cheese, salsa, sour cream, and chopped rainbow chard. Ironically, I didn't have all of those ingredients for us, but it was the same idea.

I LOVE using my crock pot, and currently have chicken enchilada soup going on in there; I'll probably make cornbread to go with it.

A recipe that has recently become a favorite as topping for sandwiches and rice is pulled pork - so good! And, yes, I make it in the crock pot.

I was looking for a meatless recipe and tried Honey-Lime Sweet Potato Black Bean & Corn Tacos - we all loved them.

Another favorite from my recipe arsenal is veggie cobbler, though I like to add chicken, so it's reminiscent of chicken pot pie.

For breakfast recently I made pumpkin french toast - really good!
Mommy to Gwendolyn 11.19.07, Josiah 11.21.09, Adeline 2.20.13, & angel baby Shiloh
Follow me & my crazy thoughts on Wordpress
karlitacat is offline   Reply With Quote