Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-06-2015, 11:47 AM   #1
Agla
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
s/o Lunch and snack on the go ideas

I'm doing a low spend June and one of the things I want to do is not pick up snacks or lunch while we are out.

What are your favorite lunches or snacks to pack when you are heading out?

Advertisement

Earn easy Amazon GCs with Perk TV
Soft Star shoes are awesome. Buy them here. I Twice $10 off on your first order at Twice.
Agla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 01:02 PM   #2
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: s/o Lunch and snack on the go ideas

I need help with this one myself.

What we have come up with so far, apples and peanut butter in a container, burritos, oatmeal cookies, and trail mix.
Old 06-06-2015, 07:46 PM   #3
Agla
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

This doesn't work for us because my kids would devour three bricks of cheese.

But our friends pack in a cooler a block of cheese, crackers, grapes and slice applied with a bit of lemon on it. They bring a small cutting board and slice it there. It looks nice when they spread things out on the cutting board.

My other friend packs burritos and she says the kids love it. She has this large thermos type container that everything in nicely.

Today, we packed left over waffles, nuts, banana and some granola. Not too creative but it was like breakfast on the go but instead we used it for snacks while we were out walking.

I really need to start bringing my coffee thermos with me.

Earn easy Amazon GCs with Perk TV
Soft Star shoes are awesome. Buy them here. I Twice $10 off on your first order at Twice.
Agla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 08:00 PM   #4
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Coffee thermos! Now that is what I need to take to the pool on my 8 hour days.
Old 06-06-2015, 09:14 PM   #5
Alikhlas
Registered Users
seller

Quesadillas, muffins of any sort, cookies, granola, dry cereal, granola bars, beef jerky, cut up fruit in a ziploc with a fork stuck inside...all of these things are customizable to specific tastes and usually available in my bag for the kids at all times.
Alikhlas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 09:23 PM   #6
kocho
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We stink at this. To be honest we stop and pick up lunchables at the dollar store. I know that is horrible. I do pack my daughter's baton bag with snacks on competition day. I pack nuts, slim jims, rice crispy treats and any other clean snacks I can think of. She has 5 costume changes and 3 hairstyle changes so she has to eat fast and not mess up her costume or make-up.

My Avon Earn giftcards with Swagbucks My Blog - Change Jar Blog
kocho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 09:37 PM   #7
special.k.marie
Registered Users
seller
seller

Check out 100daysofrealfood.com, there are lots of great ideas there. I've not been able to implement them all, but I do have the ziploc lunch tray style containers. They are pretty awesome.

I can't ever leave home without a cooler; my son is thirsty a lot and because we have to drive 30 minutes to the nearest good grocery stores, our shopping days are LONG.

Looking for new earrings? Visit my etsy shop and use code DIAPERSWAPPERS20 for 20% off!
SPARKLY STRANDS
special.k.marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 07:47 AM   #8
twood80
Registered Users
seller
seller

It's not lunch, but we keep a flat of waterbottles (cheap from Aldi) and an airtight container of Cheerios in the car, because we are bad about planning ahead on a per trip basis. These are chosen because they don't spoil quickly, are edible by everyone, and not a big mess when spilled. We aren't usually looking to do meals away from home though, so all I can suggest there is think picnic.
twood80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2015, 09:19 AM   #9
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
seller
seller

My Mood:

I always have almonds and emergency protein bars in the car. We don't use drive throughs or buy junk food in a pinch. We are more likely to buy sushi or Wegmans prepared salad we weren't planning to buy so I avoid it by having something that will tide us over no matter the circumstance.

That said, I grab bananas when I'm short on time. I almost always have three bunches of bananas at home. Something that my whole family loves (are we weird?) are cucumbers cut into rounds. It keeps us hydrated and they satisfy the urge to crunch. Snow peas, celery and sliced pepper are other favorites.
Old 06-08-2015, 09:49 AM   #10
NEkalmia
Registered Users
seller

I am surprised no one has mentioned packing sandwiches. We do that a lot. They usually are made with leftover meat from other meals, we rarely have lunchmeat in the house.
NEkalmia is offline   Reply With Quote