Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-10-2006, 10:41 AM   #11
yellowcampcat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I Don't Like DS Teacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2iliana View Post
I would really try to connect with the teacher to help her understand your DS a little more. It sounds like it might be a personality conflict or misunderstanding of what's going on.
As a teacher, there have been a few students that I have struggled to connect with or understand but once I made a connection with the parents, I felt more connected to the student.
I also agree with Erika. The teacher shouldn't be putting those subjective remarks in her reports to you. Maybe she doesn't realize she's doing it, but it should be pointed out to her in a gentle way.

Advertisement

yellowcampcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 07:03 PM   #12
FitMommyOf2
I wish I could turn the tide!
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jls~Kain~Drake View Post
Those notes sound completely disrespectful to you and your son. I'd request a parent/teacher meeting and if she doesn't satisfy you then request a move to a different class.
I'd be livid about those kind of notes!!!
Old 11-11-2006, 07:35 PM   #13
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sounds like the teacher doesn't like your son. I've been in childcare a long time and when teachers starting using emotions instead of facts to tell the parents what is going on, it means something is up. "as usual" is just plain rude. I'd have a meeting with her and tell her your concerns. Ask what things are setting Ian off. I am betting she is being hateful to him, and he doesn't work like that.

Landon is a great kid, but he can be REALLY difficult. I've learned, no matter how irritated I am if I talk to him gently and make things sound fun, he'll do just about anything I ask. If I'm irriated and demanding, he shuts down and won't listen to a word I say. It's your son's teacher's job to learn how to work WITH your son instead of being annoyed with him and probably not having the patience she needs.

If all else fails, I'd move Ian from her class. Ian doesn't deserve to go through that all the time. Poor baby.
Old 11-16-2006, 03:56 PM   #14
Sarah
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Re: I Don't Like DS Teacher..Update(Sorta)At the Bottom

So we were supposed to have a meeting with the teacher on Wednesday,but she's been absent for the last two days. Today I casually asked the sub how Ian was in class. He completely gushed over what a good,smart boy Ian is. How he's always helping in class and today he gave a little girl in his class his Cheetos from his lunch because she couldn't eat the snack the class had. No crying at all,even when he got pushed down accidently

So either he's being really good for the sub,or there is some sort of personal issues with him and his teacher
Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 04:18 PM   #15
Hayley
Registered Users
seller

Sounds like you should req a new teacher for him! I was in 1st grade and had to be moved because my teacher actually hit me. She also left the school after that quarter. I know I annoyed her but she had no reason to touch me. So I would hate to see Ian get to that point with this teacher! But hey he is a good boy sharing his cheetos!
Old 11-17-2006, 02:30 PM   #16
a_cthelen
My cat's breath smells like cat food
seller

ITA with Erika. At my previous school moving a child to another classroom was the last resort. It's a difficult transition for the child and I think shouldn't be done unless the problem cannot be resolved any other way. I hope a meeting with your son's teacher will resolve this issue. I hate to see children "picked on" unfairly!

Wool for Sale: http://hyenacart.com/Spots_corner/index.php?u=6698
a_cthelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 09:44 AM   #17
HappyCDMamainWI
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I agree that it sounds like he and his teacher dont mesh. Especially since the sub gushed over how sweet and good he is.

I would still try working with the teacher first to find out why he's crying when she's teaching. I agree that her sending notes home saying he cried all day is not helping anything, nor is saying he cried over a little scrape. Little scrapes can hurt a lot. I'd call her on it. It's not acceptable for her to say he's whiney and crying all day without saying what started it at least. If he truely is crying all day then a parent needs to be called. Try to get your son to open up about what makes him cry at school.

That is a very emotional age anyway for girls and boys. My sd would come home from 1st grade reporting on who cried and why. "Nathan took a ball away from Bailey and she was crying. Then Mrs H made Nathan give the ball back and he cried. So they had to take turns with the ball. Then I cried because I wanted to play too and they wouldnt let me."