Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-10-2006, 02:18 PM   #11
ndunn
Registered Users
seller

Re: So how do you describe labor pain??

intense!!!

Advertisement

Old 11-10-2006, 02:23 PM   #12
MamaMegan
Banned
seller

Caleb was the same as Dakotah... not as big but he was 7 lbs+ at not quite 34 weeks.... he got stuck and at the end my doctor shoved her hand up my butt to help move him, another doctor had the vaccums and forcep... there was no time for a c-section... my pelvic bone broke and I tore completely. I thank the stars my epidural worked............... But to this day it still aches and hurts, it was miserable when I was pregnant. Bowel issues were a problem too. Blech.

Hard to say. I do think a c/s might have been easier.

Who knows.

I love hearing about people's labors, deliveries-- of all sorts. It's amazing how it's so different for each person.

Last edited by MamaMegan; 11-10-2006 at 02:25 PM.
MamaMegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 02:24 PM   #13
AshersMommy
Registered Users
seller

I was told 'you will know' as well. And I DID know! I'd been having braxton hicks for a month prior, but they were nothing compared to "real" labor contractions. For me, they honestly did feel like menstrual cramps. I also had some back pain, but I've had a bad back for years so that wasn't a surprise. My labor was split into two parts, a week between them, so I knew instantly when it started back up. Until that point, I kept going "am I in labor?" and then when it did resume, I just knew.

Like to read? Want something new? Come join us in the March Used Book Swap!
AshersMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 02:25 PM   #14
sprout18
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

With ds#1 it was all in my back like someone was drilling at the base of my spine it was horrible. With ds#2&3 it was like someone was squeezing my stomach from my back to my front has hard as they could. I don't know how else to describe it. It hurt like heck but it was that squeezing feeling. I had 3 csections but I did experience the contractions as I was in labor with ds#1 for 30+ hours before the csection. Ds#2 was suppose to be a repeat but he was 2 weeks early and my water broke when I was in bed. Ds#3 was 10 days early and I was in good labor for about 3 hours before I went to the hospital (was having contractions all day but wanted to stay at work)
Old 11-10-2006, 02:44 PM   #15
dreamtiger
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It's good to hear other mama's stories Nobody wanted to really tell me cuz they didn't want to "scare" me... But like others here, it felt like I had to go poo soooooo bad but had the worst constipation in the world. I actually tried to sit on the toilet during the really bad contractions in case it really was poo but of course, it was just the baby When they told me to push, I was afraid I would push like a bowel movement, not a baby !! oh yeah, and from my water breaking to baby coming out was only 3 hours total so intense and painful but thankfully short!
dreamtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 02:58 PM   #16
Tootsiemomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaMegan View Post
Caleb was the same as Dakotah... not as big but he was 7 lbs+ at not quite 34 weeks.... he got stuck and at the end my doctor shoved her hand up my butt to help move him, another doctor had the vaccums and forcep... there was no time for a c-section... my pelvic bone broke and I tore completely. I thank the stars my epidural worked............... But to this day it still aches and hurts, it was miserable when I was pregnant. Bowel issues were a problem too. Blech.

Hard to say. I do think a c/s might have been easier.

Who knows.

I love hearing about people's labors, deliveries-- of all sorts. It's amazing how it's so different for each person.
That's funny how ours was kinda similar In the OR, the nurse had to stick her arm all the way up me and push on my dd's head while the doc pulled from the incision, at one point, their hands were touching, which freaks me out to think about, I just thank God that I didn't feel it at the time...although I sure did when I woke up (they drugged me as soon as she was out, dunno why exactly...) They had removed my epi and I had no pain relief when I woke up 4 hours later...I was in a lot of pain.
It is neat hearing how different or similar all experiences are!
Tootsiemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 03:08 PM   #17
MamaMegan
Banned
seller

I was prepared for Ashley to be huge-- considering on his due date Caleb was 12 lbs (after loosing in the hospital even). Nah, she came out 7 lbs 7 oz-- and petite. Not a single tear... Her recovery was so different.

A friend of mine, her son was a c-section after two rounds of pusing for 4 hours, then a few 2 hour stretches....her son was good sized. Her daughter was a no time to get to the birthing center homebirth after a section.... no tears, nothing. Same size. No idea why the difference.... but it's interesting.
MamaMegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 03:12 PM   #18
Tootsiemomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow, 7 lbs at 34 weeks?!! Dakotah was born the day after my due date so she might have been close the that at 34 weeks but I doubt it, as I gained 30 lbs just in the last two months alone. I'm hoping I can do a VBAC for our next baby (if and when) I'd hate to have to go through the surgery again...it was hell recovering from...of course that could have been due to all the hell the hospital put me through after she was born...but that's a WHOLE other story lol
Tootsiemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 03:22 PM   #19
tessa1002
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaMegan View Post
Then when my water broke it all stopped-- the pit induced contractions were hellish and one on top of the other for a few hours until he was born... I felt like my rib cage was being squeeze to the point of breaking and my stomach would explode

Pitocen is EVIL. I'll never know what real labor felt like because I was pumped full of that stuff and had contraction after contraction w/no break. I did have an epidural, but it wore off and it took 45 MINUTES before they could get the anesthesiologist, so lucky me got to feel the full effect for almost an hour. They kept telling me to breathe and I couldn't even do that. I used to always compare whatever pain I had to heroin withdrawal, because nothing could ever be that bad again, and I made it through that. But I swear on my life labor was just as bad as my withdrawals. They were a different kind of pain but the same unbearable feeling. Now that I hear about doctors actually turning off the pitocen after people get regular contractions I'm so pissed. I was contracting great, when I came into the hospital I was already 4cm and 90% effaced. I don't know why they had to leave that stuff pumping through me the whole time! On the upside though I only pushed for one contraction and DS was out.

Last edited by tessa1002; 11-10-2006 at 03:24 PM.
tessa1002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 12:07 AM   #20
www.ClothDecisions.com
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessa1002 View Post

Pitocen is EVIL. I'll never know what real labor felt like because I was pumped full of that stuff and had contraction after contraction w/no break. I did have an epidural, but it wore off and it took 45 MINUTES before they could get the anesthesiologist, so lucky me got to feel the full effect for almost an hour. They kept telling me to breathe and I couldn't even do that. I used to always compare whatever pain I had to heroin withdrawal, because nothing could ever be that bad again, and I made it through that. But I swear on my life labor was just as bad as my withdrawals. They were a different kind of pain but the same unbearable feeling. Now that I hear about doctors actually turning off the pitocen after people get regular contractions I'm so pissed. I was contracting great, when I came into the hospital I was already 4cm and 90% effaced. I don't know why they had to leave that stuff pumping through me the whole time! On the upside though I only pushed for one contraction and DS was out.
for you! Addiction is a hellish pain all by itself and congrats to you for beating it and being there for your dc and Mat.
www.ClothDecisions.com is offline   Reply With Quote