Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-02-2008, 02:57 PM   #1
mama0609
Banned
seller

Rita's Rump Pocket Fitted - So far, I love it!

Now, we only have 2 made right now... And a bunch cut out in the girly fabrics for the baby... But I have 2 plain white ones (that are a bit narrow in the crotch and make stuffing difficult) and so far, I love them! I need to brush up on my pinning but overall, they fit DS (2 1/2 and 30lbs) pretty well! It seems like the inner wing is short but maybe that's just because I'm so used to BG's now, lol. He still has a lot of room to go, growth wise...

I just bought some more flannel (on sale, yahoo!) to make him a stash too... I think I'll love these more than my BG's!

Advertisement

mama0609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 04:13 PM   #2
GEM Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: michellemomx3
seller

My Mood:
Re: Rita's Rump Pocket Fitted - So far, I love it!

Whoohoo you have the RRP bug! No going back now! They are so easy to make and so easy to use!

If they are too narrow in the crotch just cut your seam allowance a little wider. You'll get better as you go. I made a dozen two-layer flannel/cotton and the last ones I made look a lot better than the first ones I made!

After you get really good at it you can try some modifications, like making a fitted out of it or adding an extra layer. I made two more that have two layers of flannel (one hidden) and a layer of t-shirt for the inner layer. Love them!

Now we need some pics of the dipes and some ACTION SHOTS!!
GEM Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 04:17 PM   #3
benitaeaton
Registered Users
seller

I'd like to make some, what do you stuff them with ?
benitaeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 04:25 PM   #4
mama0609
Banned
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellemomx3 View Post
Whoohoo you have the RRP bug! No going back now! They are so easy to make and so easy to use!

If they are too narrow in the crotch just cut your seam allowance a little wider. You'll get better as you go. I made a dozen two-layer flannel/cotton and the last ones I made look a lot better than the first ones I made!

After you get really good at it you can try some modifications, like making a fitted out of it or adding an extra layer. I made two more that have two layers of flannel (one hidden) and a layer of t-shirt for the inner layer. Love them!

Now we need some pics of the dipes and some ACTION SHOTS!!
We actually just added about a 1/2 inch to each side in the crotch... It's safer that way, lol. DH tends to be a little risky when he cuts the seam allowance. We also talked about not topstitching around the elastic either. That would leave us more room and make it easier to fix elastic later down the line, should we need to. We've made diapers before, but never followed a pattern... We have a few cute fitteds that we made (we were winging it!) so we've got the basics of sewin' 'em down!

And yes, the love! I actually told DH that I think I want to sell off part of the BG stash and use the pocket fitteds with covers on DS full time. Originally I was just going to do the baby and DS for overnights (because the BG overnight smells from lack of air flow) but I love them that I actually think I want to use them and covers... Besides, less leaks (IMO) with fitteds and covers than with a pocket.

Action shots coming soon! I have some from the 1st time I put one on him but it's crappy... I have to fold just a bit of the rise so the legs don't gap and I didn't know that then, lol.
Old 12-02-2008, 04:26 PM   #5
mama0609
Banned
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by benitaeaton View Post
DS has been wearing one for (ducks) about 2 1/2 hours and it's stuffed with a microfiber towel from the auto section at Wal-Mart... They come 12 in a bag and are the perfect size to trifold and stuff into pockets!
Old 12-27-2008, 12:32 PM   #6
kmcscott
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

These are not Snappi-able if you use flannel on the outside, right? I'm getting ready to make some after lunch! Woohoo!
Old 12-27-2008, 01:34 PM   #7
GEM Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: michellemomx3
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by benitaeaton View Post
Prefolds! I'm using infant PFs and Gerber PFs in mine.
GEM Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 01:09 PM   #8
mdizon
Registered Users
seller

My first attempt at rrp made out of receiving blankets, I'm not totally done, but I'm so excited! I've been looking for snap-ez pocket fitteds in fsot when I came across this and decided to try it out. I love this dipe!!!

Last edited by mdizon; 01-31-2009 at 01:12 PM.
mdizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 01:20 PM   #9
Simply Sanity Creations
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmcscott View Post
These are not Snappi-able if you use flannel on the outside, right? I'm getting ready to make some after lunch! Woohoo!
No, flannel is not snappi-able. Woven terry cloth is, but that makes for a bulky diaper if you make the whole outer from it. Plus, it looks like the RR pattern is designed so you can overlap the wings and only use 1 pin, which I can't seem to wrap my head around you would snappi that...

I have the rita's rump pattern, and I've used it, but I can honestly say that I really preferred the poo-pockets pattern from New Conceptions. I suppose you could add gussets to the RR, but, I dunno, I guess I never felt the love. You can add snappi tabs to the wings and a center strip on the Poo-Pockets, and you can EASILY make them pockets instead of fitteds.

And just so you know, I am not affiliated with New Conceptions in anyway. Just love the pattern

Last edited by Simply Sanity Creations; 01-31-2009 at 01:22 PM.
Simply Sanity Creations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 07:50 PM   #10
anahrose
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love the RRP. These turned out so cute. I didn't shrink the material first so they are just a little smaller than they should be. I need to get working on some new ones. I use micro towels in mine. Here's pics of what I have made so far. Check out Bob Ross!

Last edited by anahrose; 04-22-2009 at 06:16 AM.
anahrose is offline   Reply With Quote