View Poll Results: When did your DC start teething??
0-3 months 23 18.25%
3-4 months 38 30.16%
5 months 20 15.87%
6 months 12 9.52%
7-9 months 23 18.25%
10+ months 20 15.87%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-11-2006, 06:38 PM   #1
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Question When did your DC start teething?

My 3 monthold (today ) has been drooling a TON for the last week and gumming EVERYTHING and screaming before she starts gumming she has little white dots on her gums but no teeth yet...could she be teething
ETA: if she is teething...what can i do to ease her pain?? i HATE orajel....

Advertisement

JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops

Last edited by shortcake2386; 11-11-2006 at 06:40 PM.
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 06:53 PM   #2
FitMommyOf2
I wish I could turn the tide!
seller

My Mood:
Re: When did your DC start teething?

DS cut his first tooth exactly when he turned 4 months and never really stopped since then.. He's currently getting #15,16,17 & 18! He's extremely cranky or better say clingy during the day and wakes up 5-6x at night again..

When DS is really having probs w/his teething I give him tylenol or motrin (children's, of course!) to ease the pain a bit. I also give him orajel as I believe they need something that numbs their gumbys a bit.
Just my
Old 11-11-2006, 07:26 PM   #3
bsydprmkn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

you can try hylands teething tablets or teething gel.

dd was born with teeth and ds had teeth at 3 months. neither of them really "teethed" they would wake up with new teeth..LOL
Old 11-11-2006, 07:29 PM   #4
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

what are teething tablets?
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
Old 11-11-2006, 07:42 PM   #5
firethorn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

HAAAA I've had at least one in each age range listed. Children realy do differ in there development....even within the same family.
Lynn, wife to one crazy Indian, mum to 13 blessings under foot and 4 at God's feet,unschooling, animal loving, mountain girl, domestic eng., survivalist, extremely devoted, value a word given, hopeless dreamer, hard to please, easy to please, homeopathic Dr. mum, gov. hating freedom advocate, believer in love, apocalypse, dragons and unicorns,[URL="http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=870947"]
firethorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 07:45 PM   #6
firethorn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

teething tablets are a natural "help" in soothing the pains teething...for all ages. Its a homeopathic remedy. We use them and they have helped greatly. But nothing is a cure all.
Lynn, wife to one crazy Indian, mum to 13 blessings under foot and 4 at God's feet,unschooling, animal loving, mountain girl, domestic eng., survivalist, extremely devoted, value a word given, hopeless dreamer, hard to please, easy to please, homeopathic Dr. mum, gov. hating freedom advocate, believer in love, apocalypse, dragons and unicorns,[URL="http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=870947"]
firethorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 07:55 PM   #7
Lmakes5
Registered Users
seller

Well, DS#1 and DD started cutting teeth at 3 months. DS#2 didn't start cutting teeth until ~8 months. None of them were cranky, they just chewed on EVERYTHING they could get ahold of and drooled a lot. DS#2 drooled like a mad dog, DS#1 drooled a little, and DD doesn't really drool much at all.
My SIL would dampen a washcloth and put it in the freezer then let her LOs chew on it after it was frozen. It seems like my LOs preferred to chew on solid things rather than soft things, but maybe that's just mine......
Old 11-11-2006, 08:08 PM   #8
cathiasplace
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My ds is working on #'s 11 & 12 right now. He started around 3-4 mts and is 13 mts now. He has a really hard time with it, so I use everything!! I started out with Hyland's Teething Tablets & Orajel. I also have Hyland's Teething Gel. Then I started using Infant Tylenol & Motrin. The poor guy has it pretty rough. He wakes up a lot at night when he's teething too. And these two most recent are taking FOREVER to break through. I feel bad for him, but gosh, it's rough on me too.

I put off using pain medications for a while, but I felt he could really use it to help ease the pain.
Old 11-11-2006, 08:16 PM   #9
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

do they chew teething tablets? or do you dissolve them and feed them it? the problem is she wont hold anything in her mouth except her hands so teething rings are out...where can i get some tablets to try? and i just remember orajel numbing my WHOLE mouth!!! does this happen to LOs too? would she have problems BFing if she cant feel her mouth?? sorry for all the ?'s... FTM
Old 11-11-2006, 08:33 PM   #10
mom2kailinconnor
'Cuz inside out is wiggity wiggity wiggity whack!
seller

My Mood:

Dd and ds both started teething around 2 months. Dd didn't get her first tooth until about 7 or 8 months and I don't know when ds's will be yet. I usually give him Tylenol or teething tablets if he is having a hard time with it. I prefer the teething tablets b/c they contain chammomile (I know that is not spelled right) and it has a calming affect.

I am sure that is what she is going through. With dd we only knew she was teething b/c she would drool a ton. Now with ds, he is pretty miserable.
mom2kailinconnor is offline   Reply With Quote