Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-12-2006, 01:14 PM   #1
mom2kdmb
Registered Users
seller

Interesting facts about vaccines

http://vaers.hhs.gov/scripts/data.cfm

I downloaded the files and am still reading the 2006 reactions reported. Just thought I'd share the info...

Advertisement

mom2kdmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 01:57 PM   #2
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Interesting facts about vaccines

Does it say which vaccines caused those reactions? I couldn't find it. Though, some of the reactions were pretty scary!
Old 11-12-2006, 03:25 PM   #3
greenkmt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I can't down load it can anyone post it?

DOULA in training!

HCG Diet works! Ask me how.
greenkmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2006, 04:44 PM   #4
mom2kdmb
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffer23 View Post
Does it say which vaccines caused those reactions? I couldn't find it. Though, some of the reactions were pretty scary!
Some of them say in the "I" section where they put the notes.
Old 11-12-2006, 04:46 PM   #5
mom2kdmb
Registered Users
seller

It's waaaay to long to post.....10,957 complaints for reactions
Old 11-12-2006, 05:37 PM   #6
zaza
Registered Users

My Mood:

interestig site heres a sample as best I can:
Seriousness criteria other medically significant (OMIC). This case involves a cluster of five female (no specific identification provided). The patients had all received vaccinations with Fluzone SV 2005-2005 USP on unspecified dates. The vaccines were received at the local health department and were from three different lots. No information on the specific lot numbers was provided. An unspecified amount of time following vaccination, the five women experienced intra-uterine fetal death. Two of the patients

MMR vaccine administered on 12/28/05. On the next day patient developed maculopapular rash over the body, very mild itching.

13 days after imm. given, pt. had 3 tonic clonic seizures. Then 2 wks. later (27 days after imm.) she had to be hospitalized to stop seizures. She seized routinely for 7 days. Terms added from Discharge summary rec'd 01/08/2006: Status epilepticus. Preexisting conditions: asthma. Illness at time of vax: rhinitis. Lab test: EEG abnormal/sr

Prolonged crying, fever 102 following vaccinations, numerous-reoccuring medical conditions as follows: (with each occurance) flu like symptoms, vomiting, strep throat, sinusitis, viral infections, bacterial infections, otitis media, diarrhea, constipation, pneumonia like symptoms, upper respiratory infections, breathing problems, rash's on body detected, pain in head, pain in eyes, lethargic, severe weakness, severe coughing.

Started fever 100 3 days after shot. 11pm quit eating, and fever between 102-105. Next day wouldn't eat or suck. Would scream constantly, temp 103.5. ER contacted advised to bring child in. Hosp to R/O meningitis, on Sat 8/16/06, DX today 8/15/06 is reaction to immunization.

Approx 5 to 10 mins after immunization infant developed erythematous urticarial rash over both lower extremities and back as well as abdomen. Extremely sore soles of feet.

then theres these weird ones where the they have report when they mess up......
Adult dose of 1cc given. Should have received Hep B dose 0.5cc, Private pay.
Old 11-12-2006, 05:51 PM   #7
loni1090
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

What is this supposed to mean?

Liability Disclaimer top

VAERS does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, apparatus, product, or process disclosed in documents available from the VAERS Web site.

I was just curious as to who printed this up, if it was by the CDC, but it is not?
Old 11-12-2006, 05:57 PM   #8
zaza
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by loni1090 View Post
What is this supposed to mean?

Liability Disclaimer top

VAERS does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, apparatus, product, or process disclosed in documents available from the VAERS Web site.

I was just curious as to who printed this up, if it was by the CDC, but it is not?
from there FAQ:

Who can report to VAERS? top
Anyone can report to VAERS. The majority of VAERS reports are sent in by vaccine manufacturers (42%) and health care providers (30%). The remaining reports are obtained from state immunization programs (12%), vaccine recipients (or their parent/guardians, 7%) and other sources (9%). Vaccine recipients or their parents or guardians are encouraged to seek the help of their health care professional in filling out the VAERS form
Old 11-12-2006, 08:53 PM   #9
9800Emily
Registered Users
seller

Wow, that just makes me feel better about not vaxing. Just think of how many reactions weren't even reported.
Old 11-12-2006, 09:04 PM   #10
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

VAERS is not by the CDC but it is government run. Then there is this http://pediatrics.aappublications.or...ode=pediatrics The AAP did a study linking the first dose MMR vax to encephalopathy. Scary stuff. And you know the AAP is not out to prove vaccines unsafe. If anything they want the vaccines to be proven safe no matter what.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote