Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 11-13-2006, 08:57 AM   #1
favorite cocoa recipe?

getting inspired by the holiday threads here ... so, has anyone actually made one of these cocoa recipes, or do any of you have a favorite one?

i'm wondering how the creamer tastes as part of the mix. i'm looking for something that doesn't have that saccharine taste to it.

i'm thinking of decorating all of those empty formula cans and putting cocoa in them - seems like a good neighbor gift.

Old 11-13-2006, 04:57 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: favorite cocoa recipe?

Here's the cocoa mix I use. I'm giving my parents a jar of it for x-mas and I made a jar for us too.

3 C. powdered sugar
1/2 C. cocoa
3/4 C. sugar
Mix together and store in a jar. Stir 4 T. into a mug of hot water.

I can't remember where I got that recipe from unfortunately. I do love the site and have used some of those mixes before so it may have been from there but not sure.
~Christine~ Proud homeschooling SAHM to Emma (11/14/07) and Abigail (6/16/11) miscarriage 11/11/14 TTC
babydogs3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 05:05 PM   #3
Registered Users

1 trip to store
some money
1 cup of hot water

Go to Walmart. Head for the coffee aisle. Pick out a box of Swiss Miss Mocha Cappuccino. It has real coffee in it. Take home. Grab favorite mug. Empty contents of one package into said mug. Add hot water. Enjoy.

Does that count?
The DH of PresleyCaedmon. Find out more about me at my blog: This just in: I've been Frosted!
the_hubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 09:09 PM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

I also like the one on the container of hershey's cocoa - you know, the one for baking?

You can mix up the amt. needed for one serving, then figure out how much dry milk to add to it for that amount of water - make sense? The directions will be on the dry milk package for how much water plus how much dry milk to mix together.

Now, measure your cocoa/dry milk mix. This way, when you multiply the recipe to make big formula-containers full of it, you can put a note with it saying to use 3 Tbsp (or whatever it turns out to be) for each cup of hot water.
Ann, Mommy to 3 beautiful, boisterous boys:
Liam - 6 1/2, Emmett - 4, almost 5
and Callan - 22 months
aept is offline   Reply With Quote