Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old Today, 02:30 PM   #1
CAaddict
Registered Users
seller

High Blood Pressure/HELLP

Hi all,
I'm due with #3 in April. I developed HELLP with my last pregnancy and have had high blood pressure ever since (he was born in 2011). I have been on medication to control it and am currently taking Methyldopa.
My blood pressure has been great up until a week ago (at 28 weeks), when it got up to 130-140/90-99. Since, I've been taking it really easy, resting as much as possible, and trying to keep an eye out for any other symptoms of pre e/HELLP. The lowest reading over the past week is 135/83, averaging closer to 140/90.
My question is, should I be concerned that my numbers are so high while already taking meds? I feel like my numbers are sketchy without being on meds, let alone already taking the Methyldopa.
Does anyone else have any similar experiences?
My doctor said that while my blood pressure had risen, it wasn't alarmingly high. However, I seem to be reading that my numbers ARE actually quite high. But maybe I should step away from Dr. Google
I have a c-section consult on Monday, and plan to ask for a second opinion on the blood pressure. Also have another prenatal appointment one week from today.
Just looking to hear others' stories
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement

CAaddict is offline   Reply With Quote