Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-28-2012, 09:45 AM   #1021
sunyflwr
Registered Users
seller

*giggle* I dated a guy for quite a few months in college and NEVER knew he was intact! My roommate went to HS with him, and so it was sorta known he was the only intact penis for miles (locker room chat). Once we broke up, my roommate asked me how it was having sex with an uncircumcised penis. Boy, was I shocked to find that out after the fact!

Advertisement

sunyflwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 09:51 AM   #1022
HeatherM0529
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Top ten reasons not to circumcise your son

I commented on this a LONG time ago. I had just found out I was having a boy and DF wanted to circumcise, I did not.

Well he was born 12/28 and he's NOT circumcised!! DF didn't do any research of his own, but he saw how adamant I was and said it wasn't worth arguing over. That was good enough for me. My son is in tact and I'm PROUD of that!
HeatherM0529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 10:13 AM   #1023
jemilyon
Registered Users
seller
seller

This post makes me want to cry. We circed ds and now that im more informed (ds is 6) i dnt want to circ if the newbie is a boy and dh is adamant that we do.
Old 01-28-2012, 10:18 AM   #1024
jemilyon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyOsMomma
Good info. I have been anti-circ since before I was pg with ds, because of info like this, and a friend who didn't have her son circd. I have one bro who is and one who isn't, neither of them wanted me to have it done. DH was not with me, he was afraid that Liam would feel strange because he looked different than daddy. Really, it will probably not look like daddy's for a long time even if he was circd, so his argument was out. It took him a little while, but he is ok with it now. I am so glad we didn't. It is easy to care for and there was no worries about it healing, or not healing properly. (one of my big problems with it is that it can really mess up a mans parts if screwed up)

Nature didn't mess up that part of his body, why take a chance that someone else will.
I read a biography about a pair of male twins. Ones circ got messed up and basically burned his entire penis off so with the "expert" advice of some quack psychologist in the 50s they tried to raise him as a girl.
It happened when popular belief in psych was that nurture was stronger in determining sex roles than nature. Boy were they wrong.
All bc of a botched circumcision. :/
Old 01-28-2012, 12:32 PM   #1025
Openyoureyes
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galatea

Not true. Once it is erect, you usually cannot tell the difference. I remember once, years ago, on a circumcision debate board, there was a woman who was vehemently pro-circumcision. Intact penises were gross, unhygienic, ugly, etc. Then one day, she started asking some questions, and then she disappeared for awhile. When she came back, she had the nerve to admit that HER OWN HUSBAND WAS INTACT. She was ignorant, he was ignorant, yet they had swallowed the whole cultural argument that foreskins are gross!

Then, there was an interesting study: they interviewed mothers of sons who had their sons circumcised, asking them about their sexual experiences. Even though the women had chosen to have their sons circumcised and said they preferred circumcised partners, the detailed survey questions revealed that they had LESS PAIN AND DRYNESS with the intact partners.

My point being, most people are repeating what they have heard, blindly going along with the culture, but they are actually totally ignorant. In this generation, however, we have 48-68% of the new boys remaining intact (there are conflicting figures.) There will not be a chance for ignorance like this to continue, nor prejudice against foreskins, when half to 2/3 of the men in the generation are intact!
That is a great story! I am going to pass that along to people when they ignorantly say that comment. The mil was actually the last person and well let's just say we had a pretty unpleasant conversation! My hope is with the trend changing people will definitely become much more informed!
Openyoureyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 12:34 PM   #1026
Openyoureyes
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemoonbutterfly

One of my first steady boyfriends was intact and we had sex a few time before I ever knew. I can say that I am one of the lucky few in my area that has ever been with an intact man. Out of all the people in my area that have had boys, I only know of two boys that have been kept intact. That number is about to go up because we just found out we are expecting a boy in June.
Once we started telling people many girlfriends came out with similar stories. Congrats on your new little addition to be and glad to hear you will be keeping him whole
Openyoureyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 02:13 PM   #1027
2much2luv
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherM0529 View Post
I commented on this a LONG time ago. I had just found out I was having a boy and DF wanted to circumcise, I did not.

Well he was born 12/28 and he's NOT circumcised!! DF didn't do any research of his own, but he saw how adamant I was and said it wasn't worth arguing over. That was good enough for me. My son is in tact and I'm PROUD of that!
I'm so happy for you. ♥ Thank you for the update.
2much2luv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 05:07 PM   #1028
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherM0529

Yay Heather! I'm so glad! I wanted to ask you about it

Sent from my LG Ally using DS Forum
Old 01-28-2012, 06:03 PM   #1029
burnsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherM0529 View Post

His body, his choice.
burnsis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:29 AM   #1030
burnsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

His body, his choice.
burnsis is offline   Reply With Quote