Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-26-2012, 08:59 PM   #1201
maddys_mama
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Top ten reasons not to circumcise your son

I have to share where this would be appreciated

I was at a breakfast get together a few weeks ago. One of the moms there was due very soon with a little boy. Of course, circumcision came up. She was on the fence about it and wanted our opinions. There were 5 of us there...the mom to be, three moms (all with at least one boy) and a childless friend. Surprisingly, only one of the moms was pro-circumcision. I was shocked to hear my friend has two intact boys AND the childless friend was also not a fan of circumcision. It stayed civil, thankfully, and I suggested the mom to be watch Penn and Teller's skit on youtube with her husband (it's what convinced my husband to leave our son intact.) I just found out yesterday that she and her husband DID watch the video AND left their son intact

Advertisement

Old 06-27-2012, 11:46 AM   #1202
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaelynsmommy61607
Just had another perfect little boy!
Congrats! Glad he finally decides to show up!

Amanda . Blaming my phone for typos and crap.
Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
kushie tushie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 11:47 AM   #1203
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddys_mama
I have to share where this would be appreciated

I was at a breakfast get together a few weeks ago. One of the moms there was due very soon with a little boy. Of course, circumcision came up. She was on the fence about it and wanted our opinions. There were 5 of us there...the mom to be, three moms (all with at least one boy) and a childless friend. Surprisingly, only one of the moms was pro-circumcision. I was shocked to hear my friend has two intact boys AND the childless friend was also not a fan of circumcision. It stayed civil, thankfully, and I suggested the mom to be watch Penn and Teller's skit on youtube with her husband (it's what convinced my husband to leave our son intact.) I just found out yesterday that she and her husband DID watch the video AND left their son intact
Thats great news!

Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
Old 06-30-2012, 10:48 PM   #1204
RaZZberry
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galatea View Post
1. The foreskin is healthy tissue which would be the size of a postcard in an adult man. There are nerves in the foreskin which are NOT in the head of the penis and which only exist in the lips and fingertips.

2. The foreskin rarely becomes diseased and only requires circumcision in cases of cancer, gangrene, etc., like any other body part. And if a man should get a yeast or bacterial infection, as women routinely do at much greater rates, they can be easily treated with creams or medicine, as women are.

3. A baby's foreskin is easy to care for as it is adhered to the head of the penis with the same tissue that adheres your fingernails to your fingertips. You do not have to pull it back to clean it, and to do so causes scarring and damage. You simply wipe it off like a finger. When the foreskin naturally retracts (anytime between age 3 and puberty), the boy only has to swish it in the water to clean it. I don't know about you, but every boy I know has no problem getting that penis EXTRA-clean in the shower or bath!

4. Routine infant circumcision was started in this country in victorian times as a way to prevent masturbation. Dr. Kellogg, the main proponent, knew and said that circumcision removed the most sensitive part of the penis.

5. An intact penis provides more pleasure for a woman b/c of the gentle gliding motion which both keeps the woman's natural lubrication in the vagina and prevents chafing.

6. Only half of boys born today in the US are circumcised. This has dropped from a high of 85% one generation ago, and continues to drop. Worldwide, only 15% of men are circumcised, and those are all Jewish and Muslim. A boy is as likely to be made fun of for being circumcised as for being intact. Your husband's experience in the locker room is inapplicable 30 years later. In addition, with all of this information readily available on the internet, as your son grows, he will definitely know the difference and it won't be just rumor as it was for our generation.

7. Most circumcisions are performed without adequate anesthesia (even a nerve block doesn't get the vagus nerve.) Sugar water definitely doesn't dull the pain. Newborns are proven to feel pain more acutely than adults b/c of their nervous system immaturity.

8. The selling of foreskins from circumcision is big business. They are made into face creams. Is that where you want your son's body part to go?

9. The new testament specifically says that Christians are not supposed to be circumcised. See Galatians 5:6. In short, circumcision was the old covenant and Jesus the new covenant. There are even Jews who reject circumcision.

10. There are no other cosmetic surgeries that parents are permitted to perform on their children without the child's consent. If the child grows to maturity and still wants to be circumcised, he can then have it done, and b/c his penis is fully grown, the doctor will be able to tell how much to remove and the man will have adequate pain relief during and after. Though the parents may have aesthetic preferences, the child may not share them. (Do you listen to your parents' music or wear your hair like theirs?)

Here's a great video from a doctor about circumcision: http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...30319025&hl=en
Thank you for posting!

http://www.facebook.com/INTACTID?ref=ts#!/INTACTID
RaZZberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:22 AM   #1205
Aalt
Registered Users

I am 5 months pregnant with my 2nd child, but first boy. We discussed it together, but I decided to let my husband have the final say about circumcision. We weren't sure what direction to go. I showed him this post a few days ago and it helped us get a good discussion going and we have decided NOT to circumcise, mainly due to the points brought up here. Thanks for the help.

In addition, my circumcised DH now wonders what he may be missing out on sexually by not being intact.
Aalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:02 AM   #1206
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aalt
I am 5 months pregnant with my 2nd child, but first boy. We discussed it together, but I decided to let my husband have the final say about circumcision. We weren't sure what direction to go. I showed him this post a few days ago and it helped us get a good discussion going and we have decided NOT to circumcise, mainly due to the points brought up here. Thanks for the help.

In addition, my circumcised DH now wonders what he may be missing out on sexually by not being intact.
Congrats on the boy and keeping him intact!!!
If your DH is really interested he can look into foreskin restoration. You can regain quite a bit of sensitivity that you didnt even know you were missing.

Old 07-05-2012, 06:00 PM   #1207
Edensmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We find out in about a week if we are having a boy or girl and if it's a boy, he WILL be kept intact
Edensmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 09:48 AM   #1208
CherryPie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

GetSafeScents.com- New Spring/Summer 2014 catalog is out!
Join Scentsy | Scentsy Closeout Section
Follow me on Instagram: @SarahB00)
CherryPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 05:06 AM   #1209
Aalt
Registered Users

^^^ I LOVE that!

That is the only pro-circumsion argument I have heard. I am totally new to the topic, but is that the best they've got?? Comparisons with fathers and "in the locker room." All my DH says to this is, "Nobody looked at my ****, ever."
Aalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 07:59 AM   #1210
mommycass
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I read this to DH and he wasnt to convinced. I had him watch Penn and Teller on circumcision and he said ok we won't circumcise if its a boy. DH and my first son are circumcised. It really makes me sick knowing I allowed that needless and hurtful procedure be done on my boy I feel like I could sue for misinformation, lack of information, and the Dr harming my little boy! I was 18 at the time and just to immature I guess to search out the whys on certain things. My birth with him wasn't so hot either:/ So, if this little bean is a boy he will be intact!
mommycass is offline   Reply With Quote