Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-11-2013, 11:26 PM   #1471
wonton
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Bump

Advertisement

Old 04-14-2013, 08:19 AM   #1472
Becdal
Registered Users

Re: Top ten reasons not to circumcise your son

I am so glad that my husband is on board with my decision to not circumcise. Now that I have researched thoroughly, it seems like an obvious choice.
Becdal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 08:39 PM   #1473
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becdal View Post
I am so glad that my husband is on board with my decision to not circumcise. Now that I have researched thoroughly, it seems like an obvious choice.

I'm mobile.... sorry for the typos!
Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
kushie tushie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:09 PM   #1474
lindsaydud
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Like!
lindsaydud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:21 PM   #1475
karikos
Registered Users
seller

We find out what our baby is on Wednesday but I talked to DH about this a few days ago and he said that he wanted to have the baby circ. I argued it and said no and told him my points. I told him to research it and we'll talk about it.

Well, the baby won't be circ'd if it's a boy after sharing one of the links (the 50 reasons not to circ) with him yesterday. He saw that there was no good reason and that the process seemed "extremely unpleasant".

Now, you do have to sign a paper giving the hospital permission to perform the procedure, right? I don't want them taking my baby out of the room and then bringing him back and telling me "oh, we circ'd him while we were out!". >.>
karikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:53 PM   #1476
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by karikos View Post
We find out what our baby is on Wednesday but I talked to DH about this a few days ago and he said that he wanted to have the baby circ. I argued it and said no and told him my points. I told him to research it and we'll talk about it.

Well, the baby won't be circ'd if it's a boy after sharing one of the links (the 50 reasons not to circ) with him yesterday. He saw that there was no good reason and that the process seemed "extremely unpleasant".

Now, you do have to sign a paper giving the hospital permission to perform the procedure, right? I don't want them taking my baby out of the room and then bringing him back and telling me "oh, we circ'd him while we were out!". >.>

I'm mobile.... sorry for the typos!
Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
kushie tushie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:59 PM   #1477
Kätzchen
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by karikos

Old 04-17-2013, 06:07 PM   #1478
NSnewmom
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by karikos View Post
I've heard of it happening in the US, so you have to be very clear with them that you do not want him circ'd and always ask where they are taking him when they take him out of the room (it is best if a parent stays with him at all times).
Old 04-18-2013, 05:03 PM   #1479
debdebdebby13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am on a FB due date community from another board I'm on and someone asked the question whether or not those of us expecting boys would be circ-ing or not. It amazes me (not in a good way) how many people use stupid reasons to back themselves up for circ-ing their future and present DS. I can't think of one good reason to preventatively circumcise a newborn who was born with no problems. It just makes me sad for all those baby boys who are going to have to endure such an awful procedure so soon after birth. There are a handful of us who say no, but I think we are probably outnumbered 2-1.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:50 PM   #1480
karikos
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSnewmom View Post
I've heard of it happening in the US, so you have to be very clear with them that you do not want him circ'd and always ask where they are taking him when they take him out of the room (it is best if a parent stays with him at all times).
I'll be making this very clear then and if I can't go with him, my husband will be going with him. Found out yesterday the baby is a boy for sure