Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-29-2013, 10:48 AM   #1551
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
Maybe they will, maybe they won't. If its a long thread, I frequently read the op and then skip to the end. I would hate to think anyone would make the choice to circ or not based off a thread on a web forum, but sadly that is sometimes not the case.

If you'd like a "period" statement, how about this one? Circing or leaving intact is a choice that is left up to parents in the United states, and BOTH choices are valid. Period.
I clearly said hopefully it would spark curiosity and they would "further research".

And legal or not, its not ethically right to cut off part of someone's penis without their permission.

I'm mobile.... sorry for the typos!

Advertisement

Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
kushie tushie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:49 AM   #1552
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Top ten reasons not to circumcise your son

I'm not arguing. I'm just stating that it is legally a parent's choice. So you can whine about how wrong it is until you turned blue in the face, but that's the current law. You can fight to have them changed. But I don't think it's right to put down another individual for making a legal decision that happens to be different than your own.

I know why people on this board believe circing became popular in America. I've never heard it outside of here and personally think it probably carried over from religious beginnings. But that's neither here nor there.

If you're going to talk about adjusting the laws so that everyone has rights, I think the one to start with would be abortion. That's not merely skin, that's a whole individual killed.
jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:49 AM   #1553
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Dp.

But while I'm here.... If you don't think it's ethically right, don't do it. Others may choose differently for their families and you do not define what is right or wrong.

ETA I wasn't saying you didn't think people should research. I was just mentioning that I hope people would have sense enough to do further research but sometimes people don't.

Last edited by jen_batten; 04-29-2013 at 10:53 AM.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:53 AM   #1554
waterisntsomething
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I'm not arguing. I'm just stating that it is legally a parent's choice. So you can whine about how wrong it is until you turned blue in the face, but that's the current law. You can fight to have them changed. But I don't think it's right to put down another individual for making a legal decision that happens to be different than your own.

I know why people on this board believe circing became popular in America. I've never heard it outside of here and personally think it probably carried over from religious beginnings. But that's neither here nor there.

If you're going to talk about adjusting the laws so that everyone has rights, I think the one to start with would be abortion. That's not merely skin, that's a whole individual killed.
Umm, it says it right there on Wikipedia. If you don't look outside of diaperswappers for info you won't get info outside of diaperswappers.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History...t_masturbation
and here...every source you could ever dream of. It literally took me less than 30 seconds to find these.
http://www.cirp.org/library/history/
And my vintage shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/usedbutnotabused
waterisntsomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:57 AM   #1555
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Good for Wikipedia. I can't say I care what that says. It may have became more popular because of that. But I still believe that many people were still doing it from its religious beginnings. But again, that's neither here nor there.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:09 AM   #1556
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Good for Wikipedia. I can't say I care what that says. It may have became more popular because of that. But I still believe that many people were still doing it from its religious beginnings. But again, that's neither here nor there.
Omg.lol
Yeah, ok. Because we practice different religion here in the US. That's why we have some of the highest circ rates. Christians in Europe don't circ, how do you explain that?
If it roots from religion, that is...

Circ in the US is cultural. Its done by doctors not religious leaders. Peolle do it because "that's what you do to boys". I'm first generation American. No males in my family were till the ones birn here. My uncles wife told him they needed to and that's what americans do. No religion involved. He let his boys be circed. He now regrets it very much.

Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
Old 04-29-2013, 11:13 AM   #1557
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yes, some Americans are as uninformed as that. Not all. Many do circ for religious reasons, particularly Jews.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:13 AM   #1558
waterisntsomething
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kushie tushie View Post

Omg.lol
Yeah, ok. Because we practice different religion here in the US. That's why we have some of the highest circ rates. Christians in Europe don't circ, how do you explain that?
If it roots from religion, that is...

Circ in the US is cultural. Its done by doctors not religious leaders. Peolle do it because "that's what you do to boys". I'm first generation American. No males in my family were till the ones birn here. My uncles wife told him they needed to and that's what americans do. No religion involved. He let his boys be circed. He now regrets it very much.

:Thumbsup: I can choose to personally believe that the sky is orange and that cats moo but that doesn't mean it's true. Science and history don't lie whether you choose to believe them or not.
And my vintage shop! http://www.etsy.com/shop/usedbutnotabused
waterisntsomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:14 AM   #1559
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Yes, some Americans are as uninformed as that. Not all. Many do circ for religious reasons, particularly Jews.
Yeah, glad your so optimistic.

Old 04-29-2013, 11:16 AM   #1560
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Science "lies" frequently. It once said the earth was flat. It also says we came basically from nothing, and with no reason, but there are many gaps in its stance. Some science is good, some is laughable.