Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-15-2008, 09:55 PM   #31
nini02
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Top ten reasons not to circumcise your son

Lots of things used to be perfectly legal and acceptable until enough people stood up and spoke out against them. It was legal to circ baby girls in this country until 1996! And it was even covered by some insurance companies up until the 1970s, I believe....

Advertisement

Stephanie, mommy to Avery and Iona

Swagbucks / ZoomBucks / Varolo

Last edited by nini02; 12-15-2008 at 10:16 PM.
nini02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 10:55 PM   #32
chickeedoodle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edenite View Post
My reason is both religious (not social) and medical, if you have a problem with that than, tough cookie.
Do you care to share your medical and religious reasons? Just curious...
Old 12-15-2008, 11:21 PM   #33
beckstar
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwosCompany View Post
Great post! No circumsized penises in this house. DH isn't and we both feel strongly that this is simply NOT a parent's right. In our opinion, DS was born perfect, why change him?!

Kinda OT (a wee bit)...we were at a summer birthday party last year at a friend's home where swimming was on the list of activities. After swimming, we all got our children into the house to change out of their swimsuits. There were 4 little boys all changing in the same room (mine, the hostess', and two other friends') and one of the mamas told the b'day boy, "W, your peepee looks funny!" in a 'teasing' way. (W is intact) We all looked at her and told her that if she wanted to get right down to it, it was her son who had the 'funny-looking' peepee of the group--his was the only circed one there! She was shocked that her son was the only circed boy at the party--needless to say, she made no more 'peepee' comments.
my goodness, that is just so out of line!

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmitz2308 View Post
For you mamas who have convinced your SO what facts did you give them to help change their minds? I am due in Feb and I still have to convince mine!!!
i told him to watch a video of a child being circ'd and if he could sit through it, AND have it done to his new born child...then he was on his own for the procedure...you can find vids online. they are quite disturbing. i got about...five seconds into one and immediately started crying. poor baby. my hubs is circ'd but his dad is not...and he told me that he wanted his son to be circ'd as well...to look like dad. i asked him, "oh yeah? and how often do you and your dad stand around staring at each other's bizness?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nini02 View Post
Lots of things used to be perfectly legal and acceptable until enough people stood up and spoke out against them. It was legal to circ baby girls in this country until 1996! And it was even covered by some insurance companies up until the 1970s, I believe....
i cant even believe that! ive never heard of routine female circumcision.
Old 12-16-2008, 12:45 AM   #34
JollyHolly
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
In your house but not in mine. You do what you feel is best for your child and I for mine.

The only person that will deciding anything in my house in regards to my CHILD will be his parents.

Don't push your beliefs on others. Last I checked America was a free country and we were free to do as we pleased within the laws.

Have a nice night.
Lady, you are the one being dramatic and over the top. You are the one who needs to stop posting. Calling CPS? Really? You need to stop trolling on this board for the purpose of starting drama.

She is trying to educate and who are you to say she shouldnt? She's doing a public service and I'm glad there are people out there like her that care enough to spread facts. I personally would not be as educated on the topic if it weren't for well-educated and passionate mamas like her out there.

Thanks for the post, OP.
Old 12-16-2008, 01:48 AM   #35
vickieboggs
Registered
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyHolly View Post
Lady, you are the one being dramatic and over the top. You are the one who needs to stop posting. Calling CPS? Really? You need to stop trolling on this board for the purpose of starting drama.

She is trying to educate and who are you to say she shouldnt? She's doing a public service and I'm glad there are people out there like her that care enough to spread facts. I personally would not be as educated on the topic if it weren't for well-educated and passionate mamas like her out there.

Thanks for the post, OP.
ITA that Edenite needs to get a grip......totally just a troll!!!

Anyway thank you to the OP for the AWESOME information. I didn't circ my son and I always knew 100% it was something I was not going to do. It is nice to have someone come forward and post information so that each and every family can decide what is the best decision for them.

Lots of WOOLIES for sale, knit, crochet, shorties and longies

Last edited by vickieboggs; 12-16-2008 at 01:51 AM.
vickieboggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 06:14 AM   #36
beautiful8
Registered Users
Formerly: beautiful7
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobeeJacknGradysMama View Post
I have 3 boys and i chose to circumcise them all. i have never criticized a parent on whether they did or didn't i believe it's a personal choice that both parents make. My husband and i both felt that we should have it done so we did, believe me i felt bad for the baby but it was done in about 5 min the baby was brought back in right after and looked like nothing had happened. he wasn't crying or upset at all (all three the same way). after a couple of days the circ looked fine and you couldn't even tell. i believe to each his own
this can't be correct, because i'm almost certain the procedure requires them to wait awhile to make sure the wound doesn't continue to bleed...so there is no way it could have been 5 minutes and hello, why would they bring your baby back to you crying hysterically after having part of his p*nis cut off? seriously, thats not relaistic. With my 2nd son they even told me when they brought him back that he had been pretty upset but they waited to bring him back to me until he had calmed down. I was surprised they even told me.

Quote:
Just forget it, you are being dramatic. You really need to calm down. I don't care who does and doesn't do it, I know I am and that's the end of that. I just wanted to comment on your post b/c you are very incorrect and from your last post (quoted) there is no other truth but yours.

My reason is both religious (not social) and medical, if you have a problem with that than, tough cookie.

The foeskin will be off my child and if you think it is so wrong for me to do it then call CPS, opps sorry you can't b/c it is not illegal and I am well within my rights to do so. You are not better or more educated than anyone else b/c you didn't circ. Just live and let live.

Believe me, I don't think a mama on this board would hurt their child and we all love our children just the same, so please give it a rest.

Not trying to argue but you really need to stop, you can stand up for what you believe without going to extremes and calling people ignorant.
I think if anyone is being dramatic...your post screams of it. If your so convinced that doing it to your kids is a good thing, then it shouldn't bother you what others say or think, now should it? Sometimes being offended is a sure sign of conviction that the choice your making isn't the right one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyHolly View Post

Thanks for the post, OP.

Last edited by beautiful8; 12-16-2008 at 06:16 AM.
beautiful8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 07:18 AM   #37
KobeeJacknGradysMama
Lovin' My Baby Boys
seller

My Mood:

[QUOTE=beautiful7;5766587]this can't be correct, because i'm almost certain the procedure requires them to wait awhile to make sure the wound doesn't continue to bleed...so there is no way it could have been 5 minutes and hello, why would they bring your baby back to you crying hysterically after having part of his p*nis cut off? seriously, thats not relaistic. With my 2nd son they even told me when they brought him back that he had been pretty upset but they waited to bring him back to me until he had calmed down. I was surprised they even told me.

there would be no reason for me to lie about this at all. i'm serious....i timed it they took the baby away and 5 min later he was back with me, they numbed the area and he was totally fine not even red, none of them cried. Maybe it's different in different hospitals and states but my babies were all perfectly fine after. it might depend on the doctor that does it too. if they did bring my first baby back crying hysterically i could not handle that and would never have had them do that to my others.
Old 12-16-2008, 08:13 AM   #38
Galatea
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Just forget it, you are being dramatic. You really need to calm down. I don't care who does and doesn't do it, I know I am and that's the end of that. I just wanted to comment on your post b/c you are very incorrect and from your last post (quoted) there is no other truth but yours.

The foeskin will be off my child and if you think it is so wrong for me to do it then call CPS, opps sorry you can't b/c it is not illegal and I am well within my rights to do so. You are not better or more educated than anyone else b/c you didn't circ. Just live and let live.

Believe me, I don't think a mama on this board would hurt their child and we all love our children just the same, so please give it a rest.

Not trying to argue but you really need to stop, you can stand up for what you believe without going to extremes and calling people ignorant.
Please, find facts to prove me wrong. Find a medical society who recommends routine circumcision, or that it is not painful, or that there are no complications, or that men somehow do not respond to antibiotics and creams. Find the part of the Christian Bible that says that Christians must be circumcised.

There are lots of things that are legal but really questionable as parenting choices. You can smoke in the house with your kids there. Not illegal. Are you going to do that? Your child will probably be fine. It's not illegal to put coca cola in your baby's bottle. Are you going to do that? They'd probably be fine. If not being illegal is your standard of care for your child... well, I don't need to finish that thought.

Circumcision is a tough thing to discuss b/c most people have never heard that there is a choice. Most people know nothing about the foreskin. I didn't, and I went to graduate school! It can be a really scary thing to find out about, b/c it literally strikes at the most sensitive place - not only did a parent have unnecessary cosmetic surgery performed on their child, this surgery removed the most sensitive part of the penis, and in many cases, caused harm. What a horrible thing for a parent to have to think about. So, if a parent already had her child circumcised in ignorance (ignorance literally means "not knowing,") and then learned this stuff, she would feel terrible. So does she bury her head in the sand and shoot the messenger, hoping that by ignoring the new facts, the bad feelings will go away? Or does she realize that she made what she thought was the best choice with the information she had, forgive herself, accept the new information, and not do it again? (Hint: one way is more psychologically healthy and honest, and the other way puts the needs of one's child below one's ego.)

Ds1 2004 ~ Ds2 2005 ~ Dd1 2008 ~ Ds3 2010 ~ Dd2 2014
Why you shouldn't circumcise your son
Galatea is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 11:04 AM   #39
raelynn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am shocked by some of the pro-circ posts in this thread. This is not a debate thread. It is an informational and educational thread.

How many people would go into a "Top 10 reasons to breastfeed your baby" thread and say "I gave my kid formula and coke in a bottle and they were just fine, so quit trying to push your beliefs on others." This isn't about pushing our "beliefs." Infant circumcision is not recommended by ANY medical association, including the AAP. Therefore, it is the pro-circ'ers on this thread who have "beliefs" about RIC, because the information presented in this thread is factual.

When you know better, you do better. And your circ'ed sons may not be "just fine." My DH was "just fine" until he was a bit older and needed excruciatingly painful surgery to correct meatal stenosis at the age of 14 (meatal stenosis ONLY occurs in circumcised boys/men).

I've earned $75 with Swagbucks AND I've lost 108.8lbs ISO MM Poppies
raelynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 11:04 AM   #40
beckstar
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautiful7 View Post

I think if anyone is being dramatic...your post screams of it. If your so convinced that doing it to your kids is a good thing, then it shouldn't bother you what others say or think, now should it? Sometimes being offended is a sure sign of conviction that the choice your making isn't the right one.

"the truth will set you free, but first it will pi$$ you off."