Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-12-2010, 02:35 PM   #521
yogababes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Top ten reasons not to circumcise your son

Quote:
Originally Posted by livn4him View Post
My dh is not circumcised and I did not have either of my boys either. But because an uneducated nurse tore my first ds foreskin it scarred severely and at nearly five I had to have it done because of scarring complications. If you have a lo that is still in the wrapper make sure that no one, even a medical professional touches it for any reason unless they are properly educated to NOT yank back the foreskin.
Oh Mama... that's awful!!! My DS is 4 and still not retracted and less than educated PEDIATRICIANS tried to get us to circ. him because of that alone... just crazy! DH is a guy who wishes his foreskin was still there... HE was the most adamant that we NOT touch DS... and then working in a hospital and seeing it first hand?? NEVER... My whole family thought we were crazy... I don't give a flying flip... it's their body, their choice, when they can make a choice themselves... end of story... and more over I am SO grateful to the OP and advocates like her, thanks Mama!!

Advertisement

Old 08-12-2010, 08:40 PM   #522
JennTheMomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Good info. I'm not anti or pro circ, but we are intact here.
JennTheMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 09:04 PM   #523
ldwhitfield
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

How did you mamas convince your husbands to go along with not circing if he was set on it? We fought back and forth about it with our son and I lost. I am pregnant again and while it would be wonderful to have another boy so we had two of each, part of me is really hoping it is a girl so we don't have to go through the circ argument again. And I'm sure I'd lose....again. And I know even more this time around and how heartbreaking it would be. My husband is pretty easy going about most everything and almost always defers to me if I have a preference, but I could not get him to budge on this one, no matter what I said.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:59 PM   #524
A&EsMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

thanks for posting i was going to do a circ only for religion sake, and now i feel completely guilt free not having it done. i honestly was feeling horrible thinking about having it done. now if anyone says something about it i can quote a scripture. once again thanks sooooooooooo much.
A&EsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 06:09 AM   #525
yogababes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldwhitfield View Post
How did you mamas convince your husbands to go along with not circing if he was set on it? We fought back and forth about it with our son and I lost. I am pregnant again and while it would be wonderful to have another boy so we had two of each, part of me is really hoping it is a girl so we don't have to go through the circ argument again. And I'm sure I'd lose....again. And I know even more this time around and how heartbreaking it would be. My husband is pretty easy going about most everything and almost always defers to me if I have a preference, but I could not get him to budge on this one, no matter what I said.
Show him one of the videos Mama... tell him he has to witness it being done... it's a really hard battle to fight especially with one already having had it done... I hope you feel peace about what ever the outcome is... but do try to visually educate him... I'm sure his arguments are the same as other Mama's have heard... "has to look the same," "teased in the locker room," I think some of the ladies on here have good statistics and comments to rebuke these statements... When you don't see the procedure it's easy to think "it's no big deal" if he has to SEE it that might change his mind.
Old 08-13-2010, 06:44 AM   #526
AmeliasMum
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My DH is one that wishes he had been left alone. He has never been able to figure out how it was his Parents choice to have a living piece of his body cut off for cosmetic reasons. So, needless to say, our DS is intact, and any future Sons we have will be as well.
AmeliasMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 07:18 AM   #527
Galatea
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&EsMommy View Post
thanks for posting i was going to do a circ only for religion sake, and now i feel completely guilt free not having it done. i honestly was feeling horrible thinking about having it done. now if anyone says something about it i can quote a scripture. once again thanks sooooooooooo much.
There is lots more scripture out there... you can google it. The New Testament is pretty cut and dry about it, actually. And just for good measure, I asked a minister and he agreed.

Ds1 2004 ~ Ds2 2005 ~ Dd1 2008 ~ Ds3 2010 ~ Dd2 2014
Why you shouldn't circumcise your son
Galatea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 07:19 AM   #528
Galatea
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Your son will be born with a foreskin. Thus it is on your dh to prove why it should be done. He won't be able to.

For insight into him, google an article called "the vulnerability of men."

With my 1st, I simply told dh that I would leave him. I was deadly serious. He could tell. Then I left him alone for a few weeks with some articles printed out and he eventually came around on his own. Now he says not circ'ing our boys was the BEST parenting decision we ever made.

Ds1 2004 ~ Ds2 2005 ~ Dd1 2008 ~ Ds3 2010 ~ Dd2 2014
Why you shouldn't circumcise your son
Galatea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 08:30 AM   #529
NSnewmom
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
There is actually a thread on this topic here: http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1048253

I haven't read the whole thread yet, but I hope it is helpful. Of course it helps to know what his reasons are so that you can respond to each concern appropriately. Good luck to you!
Old 08-13-2010, 12:55 PM   #530
arihillfarm
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I would just refuse to sign the form and tell him it's not up for discussion as I was prepared to do with my DH. Your husband can't sign for it in the hospital as mother and baby are technically seen as one patient. Thankfully, my DH agreed with me, especially after years of being a medic in the military and he said he had seen too many badly screwed up circs that he could not take the chance of that happening with his own son. If nothing else, with one son already circed, you're in the perfect position to say "you got your way with the first one, now it's my turn". This is something that I was prepared to divorce over though. My childrens' basic well-being and safety come before the feelings of anyone, including my husband. JMHO.

-Astrid
WAHM to DD 13, DS 6 and DS 3 and I'm a Magic Maker with Off to Neverland Travel, specializing in Disney! Ask me about how to get the vacation of your dreams (Disney or elsewhere) for the best price and service possible at no extra cost to you. "Like" my agency page on Facebook for the latest travel specials!
arihillfarm is offline   Reply With Quote