Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-13-2006, 08:15 PM   #1
nothing_butt_cloth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Marathon or Decathalon for 2YO Car seats experts help

My dd is actually almost 3 yo, she weghs less than 25 lbs, and is about 36-37 inches tall.
I want to trun her rear facing, but her seat goes rear facing only to 22 lbs i think..
So which is best.Thedecatholon looks great for an infact witht he insert,but is it needed for an older toddler??

TIA

Advertisement

Last edited by nothing_butt_cloth; 11-13-2006 at 08:44 PM.
nothing_butt_cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 08:19 PM   #2
Prettylocks
Registered Users
seller

Re: Marathon or Decathalon for 2YO

I am gonna be difficult and say get the boulevard. I like the Side Impact Protection.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:20 PM   #3
png_lovebirds
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have the Decathlon and my son is 21 months and 28 pounds and we still use the inserts!!!
Decathlon allows up to 33 pounds for rear facing!
png_lovebirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 08:24 PM   #4
nothing_butt_cloth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristina View Post
I am gonna be difficult and say get the boulevard. I like the Side Impact Protection.
NOt another choice!!! LOL
Old 11-13-2006, 08:30 PM   #5
Dsunny1
Registered Users

Which seat does she currently have?
Old 11-13-2006, 08:31 PM   #6
nothing_butt_cloth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

She has the Cosco Alpha Omega.....
Old 11-13-2006, 08:32 PM   #7
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I definately say if you have the money go for the boulevard. The side impact protection and ease of height adjustment make it worth the extra money if you have it. If money is an issue, go for the marathon. With an older child you definately don't need the insert and that really is the only difference between the two. We have our 11month old 25lb ds in a marathon and it works perfectly. And he can rear face to 33lbs in all three.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 08:33 PM   #8
nothing_butt_cloth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My goal was,wen we got our refi money was to buy new seats for all the kids. But hubby does not want our almost6yoto be in a carseat, but rather put her in my 4 yo booster, which is the cosco alpha omega, tranformed to the booster. With a shoulder belt.
I wanted her in the regent, but he saidthat will be embarrasing forher and she already has major social issues...

So i dont know. I still say i need her in a seat, and since she is about 45 lbs,even the marathon would be OK for her if she is not too tall at 45 inches...

HELP!!
Old 11-13-2006, 08:34 PM   #9
nothing_butt_cloth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iris0110 View Post
I definately say if you have the money go for the boulevard. The side impact protection and ease of height adjustment make it worth the extra money if you have it. If money is an issue, go for the marathon. With an older child you definately don't need the insert and that really is the only difference between the two. We have our 11month old 25lb ds in a marathon and it works perfectly. And he can rear face to 33lbs in all three.
I didnt know that was the only difference. Thanks
Money is an issue. so 300 for a car seat is out of the quesiton when i have 3 to buy....
Old 11-13-2006, 08:39 PM   #10
nothing_butt_cloth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

OK. maybe we can match seats for my kids before i buy anyhting else....

My 2 yo will be 3 in january. She is less than 25 lbs, and about 37 inches i think. She is currently in a coscoalpha omega forewrad facing... I would like to get her a Britax though....

My 4 yo will be 5 in March. She is 44 lbs and 44inches. She is in a cosco alpha omega car seatthat has been transfomred to the booster with shoulderstrap.She refuses to keep the shoulder strapin front ofher.so this needs to change.. This is what i already bought her and i shoudl have it friday..
http://www.specialtybaby.com/fiprsavodeco.html

My 5yo will be 6 in jan. She is 45 lbs and 45 inches. She sits in the back drivers side of the caravan. she will keep theshourder beltin front of her so that isnot a concern if we just move her to the booster.

So Car seat experts advise me quickwhile hubby is letting me spend money...I am not against musical seats....

Last edited by nothing_butt_cloth; 11-13-2006 at 08:41 PM.
nothing_butt_cloth is offline   Reply With Quote