View Poll Results: What do you put your young toddler in to eat?
High chair 30 37.04%
Booster at the table 12 14.81%
Booster with tray 25 30.86%
Clip on highchair 8 9.88%
Other please explain 6 7.41%
Voters: 81. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-14-2006, 02:02 PM   #21
jrk
Registered
seller

My Mood:
Re: Feeding seats

We used a high chair until I found out I was pregnant again (dd was about 18 months) then we started transitioning her to the booster at the table.

Advertisement

jrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 02:29 PM   #22
SugarBunsWool&More
Formerly: RileysMama
seller

My Mood:

We have a booster with a tray and I LOVE it. I hated my high chair and I'm going to sell it and not even use it with the next one. We have a bumbo for when he/she is small and another booster for when he/she is bigger.
I'll never use a high chair in my hone again. I LOATHE them.
SugarBunsWool&More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 07:29 PM   #23
a_cthelen
My cat's breath smells like cat food
seller

Never got a high chair b/c they take up space and are just nasty when they get dirty. We have a booster made by The First Years. It's simple and works well for us. http://www.thefirstyears.com/products/product.asp?pValue=1099

Wool for Sale: http://hyenacart.com/Spots_corner/index.php?u=6698
a_cthelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 08:00 PM   #24
curious_george
Registered Users
Formerly: mommy2hamish
seller

We have tried them all.. sigh...

We started out doing what we thought you were supposed to use, a highchair. Not fun. We live in a tiny place and the high chair was taking up more room than our dining chairs.
So we went to a clip on high chair that I bought off of eBay for $20. It's a Sassy brand and was great. We used this when Hamish was 8 mos-22 mos. We could take it off and hose it down in the tub with the shower head. We had to stop using it when Hamish got too big and we moved where the table was provided for us. We now have it at the house in Terrace but he's decided he wants to use the booster chair.

We use a booster chair in a regular chair. I don't like it b/c it's a PITB to strap onto the chair and then Hamish will go and push against the table and tip his chair over. Unfortunately he's too short to not use a booster... I'm thinking we will keep the clip-op booster for a next baby (God willing) and sell the boosters.
curious_george is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 08:12 PM   #25
smapple
Registered Users
seller
seller

We also have this one, and have been very happy with it:
http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?...oost&pid=27475

We've had other boosters but haven't been as happy with them. This is easy to clean and works great. Our 21 month old sometimes uses the tray and other times uses the booster at the table (without the tray)... just whatever his preference. (He used it as a booster with tray from about 1 year on)

I plan on getting this Fisher Price Space Saver High Chair for our next baby:
http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?...=bgh&pid=35236

It looks great!

Last edited by smapple; 11-15-2006 at 08:14 PM. Reason: ETA: We've used this one since our son was about 1 year old.
smapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 08:22 PM   #26
iris0110
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We use one of the clip on high chairs. I believe it is made by chicco, but it is really old so I'm not sure. It is all vinyl and I just wipe it off easy as can be. Nothing sticks to it and there are no crevices to catch food. We had a big highchair with DS1 with the five point harness straps because he would stand up and nearly fall out all of the time. But it is very hard for them to stand up in the clip on kind. Plus it takes up practically no room which is good cause our kitchen is tiny and packed.
iris0110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 08:32 PM   #27
beenwaitingalongtime
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkflamingos77
Booster with tray. easy to clean. convenient for travel. I have this one.

http://www.fisher-price.com/fp.aspx?...oost&pid=27475

Such a great booster...inexpensive, so easy to clean and portable. We don't even have a high chair.
Another vote for the FP booster. We haven't even taken our highchair out of the box and are returning it just as soon as we get a chance. My friend has an infant and a toddler in these. We love the cleanability/portability!

Old 11-15-2006, 09:17 PM   #28
stephdpn
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenwaitingalongtime View Post
Another vote for the FP booster. We haven't even taken our highchair out of the box and are returning it just as soon as we get a chance. My friend has an infant and a toddler in these. We love the cleanability/portability!

We have this one too, never even used the highchair with DS...I use the tray also...it is easier to scrub than my table...great price, easy to clean, I put the tray in the dishwasher all the time, the rest gets wiped down at least once a day!
Old 11-15-2006, 09:21 PM   #29
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have the 11 month old in a Fisher Price standard highchair and the 2yo in a booster that goes on a chair w/ a clip on tray. The older style ones from like '02. My dad has a newer '04 one at his house, I should trade him! Anyway, I had one of those Eddie Bauer wooden ones with a regular tray and removable one... very cute BUT my skinny boy (#4) would slip right out of the buckles. I wish they made those space saver chairs when my twins were little! They're sooooo perect!!
Old 11-15-2006, 10:31 PM   #30
greenkmt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

http://www.stokkeusa.com/tripptrapp.htm I have this one. I like it because it really does grow with your child... Also, it is nice because if you don't have an extra chair DH sits on it. Also, I use it as a ladder in my kitchen when I can't reach and there are no small crevices. Also, it fits perfectly at the table. If you need any ? answered about it PM me...

Oh, and we got this for DS when he just learned to sit up. Works great. A little more money, but we will never be selling it or anything.

I also have a booster seat like those above and I don't like them. IMO they are hard to clean. My son smashes stuff into the part that folds and you have to take a toothbrush to it. Oh, also, if you have a chunker BEWARE, my 2 year old is having a hard time fitting into this because his belly gets into the way when we go to put the tray on. Also, I have daycare and my DS and other children have been knocked over in them because they are top heavy.

DOULA in training!

HCG Diet works! Ask me how.
greenkmt is offline   Reply With Quote