Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-17-2006, 05:11 PM   #1
urchin_grey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Freaky night terrors?

Ok, so, as I've mentioned a few times around the board, DH and I seperated earlier this month. I don't know if that has anything to do with this, but I thought I'd throw that out there because this didn't start until after DH left.

Anyway, DS has been waking up suddenly, screaming bloody murder for the past few weeks and when I go to him he's always shaking like a leaf and clinging to me like he's seriously terrified of something. Well, the waking is almost every night, and always around 2 hours after he falls asleep. It hasn't gotten worse or better until this morning when we woke up I noticed he had pinched himself all up in his sleep. And then the same when he woke up from his nap, plus a small scratch. Its not deep and he hasn't drawn blood or anything but its kinda freaky, kwim? Oh, and no one else keeps him but me or DH so I know that no one could be hurting him or anything.

*sigh* I just know this has something to do with DH being gone and/or me being depressed a lot of time. I guess this is mostly just a vent because I don't think there's any way I can stop it unless DH comes back (which is still a possibility I guess, we don't hate each other or anything) and I'm already stressed enough as it is without having to deal with my baby hurting himself. Anyway, thanks for listening...

Advertisement

Last edited by urchin_grey; 11-17-2006 at 05:13 PM.
urchin_grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 05:59 PM   #2
9800Emily
Registered Users
seller

Re: Freaky night terrors?

Not sure about night terrors, but can understand that stress of your baby hurting himself. My dd hates to be put to bed and will scratch to the point of drawing blood, bite, hit and pull her hair out every night .
Old 11-17-2006, 08:13 PM   #3
jls~Kain~Drake
Registered Users

My Mood:

My son did this for awhile around...12-24 months I guess. He's 33 months now and it happens on occasion, but not often. I'm sorry mama
Old 11-17-2006, 08:40 PM   #4
aimee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My ds has done this also, but he is older (6), but your son is at the age when night terrors start. And that is exactly what it sounds like to me is a night terror. They are horrible and scary When I was researching about them almost everything I read was about how they are usually associated with not enough sleep. I don't know if I actually believe that or not, but I have tried to make sure my ds gets enough sleep each night. I hope it gets better for you soon, I know how scary they can be
Old 11-17-2006, 09:31 PM   #5
tessa1002
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't have any advice, all I have is hugs. If you ever want to chat or anything you know my myspace address.
tessa1002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 03:00 PM   #6
urchin_grey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks mamas. Well, I texted Brammy's dad about it while he was at work and he came home two hours early to help me get him to bed. He was SOOO tired yet he kept "snapping" awake and crying. Once he finally got to sleep well though, he didn't wake up again and he wasn't scratched up either when he woke up. I guess I'll just see where it goes from here and hopefully it will get better!
urchin_grey is offline   Reply With Quote