Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-18-2006, 12:11 PM   #1
my2babyboys
Registered Users
seller

Please tell me I am not the only mama whose dc....

HAS to take a shower with you. He takes a bath before bed with his brother every night and I like to take my showers in the morning. I am one of those people who will not go out if I havent showered. So now EVERY day once my 3 yr old hears the shower start to run, he runs to the bathroom, screaming crying and throwing a fit. He wont stop till I tell him to get undressed, take your diaper off, take your socks off, etc..... if you wanna shower. He strips within 30 seconds and comes in the shower. Then I have to hold him with his back to the water cause he refuses to stand in the shower alone. Then a minute later he tells me he is all done and wants to get out. I go through all that for him to be in the shower only a minute. Either he just wants to be in the shower cause mommy is, maybe hes a clean freak or just going through some weirdo stage. Am I the only one or are there other mamas who toddlers just HAVE to shower with them everyday? I dont make a huge deal out of it cause its kinda cute but I would like to take a shower in peace every now and then without haveing to wake up super early.

Advertisement

Last edited by my2babyboys; 11-18-2006 at 12:15 PM.
my2babyboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 12:14 PM   #2
mistylaureena
I saw Elvis. He sat between me and Bigfoot on the UFO
seller

My Mood:
Re: Please tell me I am not the only mama whose dc....

no i dont think its werid growing up tahts how we took showers my dad would pass us off to my mom and she wash us up and then swap with my dad and he'd get us dressed....I think if you make it a big deal, he will think its wrong, I thik its cute!!
Old 11-18-2006, 12:18 PM   #3
my2babyboys
Registered Users
seller

It is cute and I love to do it, he doesnt even want to wash while he is in there. He just wants to be held under the warm running water a minute then hes done.
I dont want him to think its wrong!
My friend thinks its wierd cause hes 3 but Im his mommy and its not like he could even care that I am naked and looks at it in that way. Hes only 3, he doesnt care what my body looks like or that Im different
Old 11-18-2006, 01:49 PM   #4
mamato5angels
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

What if you tried giving him a "shower" first. Maybe he just likes the feeling of the water. Then tell him it is your turn to shower. Don't know just a thought.
mamato5angels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 03:14 PM   #5
kimb96
Registered Users
seller

Ds rarely takes a bath anymore. He showers either with me or with dh. I don't think it's a big deal at all. I actually like it because it's quicker than a bath. Sometimes I do want to take a shower alone so I will wait until ds is napping or in bed for the night.

Mama to Ethan
kimb96 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 03:46 PM   #6
Righteous Recycles
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I stopped taking a shower with my older DS a little after he turned 3. Now that he's 4 he does it on his own just fine.
Righteous Recycles is offline   Reply With Quote