Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-19-2006, 11:42 PM   #1
Luv2bemommy
Registered Users

My Mood:
15mo shots coming up.. help me schedule these!

My daughter has her 15 month shots coming up and since I havent done that much research on these, I am wanting to see what you all did as far as scheduling the vax if you vax on delay schedule! I know she will get the MMR, which is one I am wanting to wait on, but what else should I avoid for awhile?? ANY help is greatly apprechated! Even if you want to share your total vax schedule that would be AWESOME since I have another little one coming next year and want to start this one out on a delayed schedule also!

Thanks mama's!

Advertisement

Old 11-19-2006, 11:44 PM   #2
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: 15mo shots coming up.. help me schedule these!

I don't even know what's suppose to be gotten then. I can't think of any I have marked down for then, so I guess I'd say none. Any that are suppose to be given then we're waiting on until he's 2 or older, I think. The MMR we plan to wait until he's 2 or 2.5 and then do one at a time, 6 months apart.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:48 PM   #3
Luv2bemommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

Also I seen they want you to get Hep A now?? Can someone tell me when is the best time to get this? Or is this useless?

This is SO overwhelming!
Old 11-19-2006, 11:49 PM   #4
Mommy2JJ
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

I think it's the chicken pox??? Which is one of the most crazy vaxs if you ask me. I definitely think it is a very uneeded one. As far as the MMR I think waiting until 2 is definitely smart. I don't think we will be doing it at all, but the later the better. HTH

Mommy2JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 11:51 PM   #5
Luv2bemommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

I had thought the CP vax was at 12 months???? I remember it being on the last back then.. You are right the CP vax is a total waste of time.
Old 11-20-2006, 12:22 AM   #6
ndunn
Registered Users
seller

I'd really recommend this video:

http://www.dark-truth.org/okt19-2006-2.html

We were initially trying to figure out a whole delayed/selective schedule and this helped my decision alot.

Hope you get the info you're looking for!
Old 11-20-2006, 01:17 AM   #7
moonphishers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi there...

If I could say only one thing, I'd say delay now and do your own research.
but since I can say more I'll keep it as short as I can and say this :

I got a lot of helpful information on the mothering .com web board for vax's - non, selective as well as delayed. One thing is if you're at all unsure about any of them, wait and do research. *You can always get them vaxed later but you can never un-vax* - kwim?
The boards I mention can be overwhelming (as well as all the books and data out there) so I'd say to start pick one vax (such as the MMR ) and research the vaccine, it's history, the disease and it's history and other things that pop up as the research is conducted. Also becareful with the research you choose to listen too. I have based my research on the facts. some of which are hard to come by but I've worked hard to find facts. I generally go to the CDC website most often. keep in mind too that sometimes what looks to be a "rise" in a disease is simply a matter of better reporting/diagnosis... and vice versa. okay - no more rambling...

In a nutshell, the vaxs aren't manditory and you may get grief from your doc and even from your fam but vax'ing is a personal decision and should only be made when you feel confident it whatever your decision is...

I hope this helps...