Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-20-2006, 08:27 AM   #1
blissfullyblessed
Registered Users
Formerly: kerstynsmom
seller

My Mood:
Question anyone else's DC not able to walk well in Robeez or the like?

Ever since DD has started walking really well she can not do it in her Robeez shoes. She's constantly falling down, and I end up putting her baby smart high top hard soled shoes on her - and then she's fine. We do have wood and tiled floors with only a rug in the living room, and carpet in the bedrooms. I even made sure the bottoms were not too soft and ran a pumice stone accross them.

I just wondered if anyone else's child can't walk in these type of shoes. I'm considering selling them if she won't get any wear out of them. I always thought these shoes were supposed to be the best for learning walkers

Advertisement

Old 11-20-2006, 09:26 AM   #2
betty_joanne
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: anyone else's DC not able to walk well in Robeez or the like?

You put shoes on your dd while at home? Why not just socks? That is what we do. I would never wear my shoes around the house Maybe the robeez are too big and creating that extra "lip" in the front and she is tripping on that or something. Sorry, not much help.
Old 11-20-2006, 09:50 AM   #3
MamaMel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by betty_joanne View Post
You put shoes on your dd while at home? Why not just socks? That is what we do. I would never wear my shoes around the house Maybe the robeez are too big and creating that extra "lip" in the front and she is tripping on that or something. Sorry, not much help.
thats a great point. The whole point of robeez or shoes like that are they are only to cover the feet. When at home mose Dr. suggest no shoes.
MamaMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 09:53 AM   #4
Leininger27
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by betty_joanne View Post
I am assuming she doesn't just do socks because she said she has hard wood floors. The dc is really going to be falling then!

Anyway all of my kiddos always walked better with hard soled shoes vs soft soled shoes. I am not sure why since they are supposed to be better, but not in our house!
Leininger27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 09:54 AM   #5
MamaMel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leininger27 View Post
I am assuming she doesn't just do socks because she said she has hard wood floors. The dc is really going to be falling then!

Anyway all of my kiddos always walked better with hard soled shoes vs soft soled shoes. I am not sure why since they are supposed to be better, but not in our house!
we have hardwood floors and use socks we just make sure they are ones w/ grippys on the bottom.
Old 11-20-2006, 10:31 AM   #6
betty_joanne
Registered Users
seller
seller

Carters makes socks with little plastic grips on the bottom. We have tile and love those for non slipage(sp?). I think we got them at target and they were like 99 cents a piece.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:06 AM   #7
havanadaydreamin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DD does this if she is in soft shoes that are too big for her. The toes seem to curl under and trip her, but she does fine in her Keds when she is running around. And DD is 18 months old!

You want them to really mold to her foot, and it should be about the same lenght as her foot.
Old 11-20-2006, 11:22 AM   #8
4kidzmom
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leininger27 View Post
This goes for my older DC too.
4kidzmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 11:54 AM   #9
blissfullyblessed
Registered Users
Formerly: kerstynsmom
seller

My Mood:

we don't have any of those socks with the grippie stuff on them, but that is a good idea - otherwise she'd be falling even more on the floors. She's just too cold natured in her hands and feet to go without socks. Her new Robeez are a little big - maybe that's it! I'll try her other ones to see if that resolves the problem. When were over at other ppl's house w/all carpet she doesn't have any problems w/whatever she's wearing.
Old 11-20-2006, 12:18 PM   #10
MamaMel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerstynsmom View Post
we don't have any of those socks with the grippie stuff on them, but that is a good idea - otherwise she'd be falling even more on the floors. She's just too cold natured in her hands and feet to go without socks. Her new Robeez are a little big - maybe that's it! I'll try her other ones to see if that resolves the problem. When were over at other ppl's house w/all carpet she doesn't have any problems w/whatever she's wearing.
also you can buy puffy paint and just put some dots on the bottom and that will work