Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-21-2006, 05:27 PM   #21
apelilae
Registered Users

Re: Does 27 & 30 seem young to say no more??

I don't think it's too young. You got to do what you feel comfortable with and what's right for you. If you start to have second thoughts, get and IUD and see how you feel in another year or two.

Advertisement

Old 11-21-2006, 05:40 PM   #22
SheilaJoy
I grow people
seller

I don't think you're too young. I am 28, dh is 31, and we're planning on getting a vas for him. But, we have 5 and are absolutely sure we do not want any more. If you are unsure about whether you will want more, I would probably not do it. You might find yourself miserable later and desperate to get a reversal.
SheilaJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 05:42 PM   #23
Mel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had a tubal at 25. DH was 27. But we knew we were done with 3 kids. That's all we both wanted since we got married.
Old 11-21-2006, 06:30 PM   #24
tyles
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessed with boys View Post
I dont think your age is as important as your uncertainty...I thought I was done after #3. We just never got around to dh getting the vas. Now were expecting number 4 and sooo happy now. We know this is it and dh had vas when I was 12 weeks pg. We have also talked about adoption... it's a possibilty in the future.
Jackie
Ditto here! Dh got the V 2 months ago, 2 months after #4. He wanted to do it way back after #2. We're 28 now, we're both satisfied and done.

Just wait til you're both content with the decision.
Do I owe you feedback?! Don't hesitate to remind me!
tyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 06:32 PM   #25
annes_cottage
Accomplice to the Temptress of Fuzzi Fannies Diapers

My Mood:

Since you are so unsure, I would wait. There are other methods of bc and maybe do a few of them together if you think they may be inefective.

I know it is a tough decision....I am 32 will be 33 right after this baby gets here, and he makes #8. You would think I could be sure!! lol But I still am not sure.

HUgs!!

Avi pic: Leland 1 yr
annes_cottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 06:38 PM   #26
eapoosmama
Registered Users

My Mood:

My ob made the suggestion of waiting ONE year to make sure it was a concrete decision.

I, at the time was 37 and it was after my 3rd child. Having children at 25 and 10 years later doing it again twice is a whole different world. Mostly all good.

There are many other options to prevent additional children that still leave that little crack open for change of heart.

The surgery and recovery only require a weekend if dh has it, he will not need much of his leave. A weekend, a six pack, some movies and frozen peas for the package.

Good luck finding your answer.
Old 11-21-2006, 07:54 PM   #27
stephdpn
Registered Users
seller

If you are at all unsure, wait! Dh had his V when DS was 4 months old - we were so sure we were done. Now that the baby is growing up we BOTH wish to some degree we had waited. Not that we would be having a baby right now, but that we might have when DS was 3 or so. Honestly, if we could afford we would have a reversal, and we might some day if we get the money.
Old 11-21-2006, 08:45 PM   #28
jls~Kain~Drake
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eapoosmama View Post
The surgery and recovery only require a weekend if dh has it, he will not need much of his leave. A weekend, a six pack, some movies and frozen peas for the package.

Dh had it done on Friday and doc said he could return to work on Monday. He ended up with a little infection at the incision site (very very small) so he was down for just a couple of more days, but he was really eating it up I don't think it was quite as bad as he made it out to be. But, I'll never know Doc did actually suggest frozen peas Get a couple of bags so you can rotate I ended up driving myself (and dh sleeping int he passenger seat) to the hospital on monday morning in labor...so he didn't actually go back to work until the next week.
Old 11-21-2006, 08:58 PM   #29
BunnyMcFluff
Registered Users
seller

I don't think you're too young to be done. I'm 27, and I'm absolutely-fo'-damn-sho' finished having kids.

I wouldn't be looking at age, I'd be looking at how certain you feel about being done. If you've got doubts, don't do it. You can avoid pregnancy without making permanent choices, yk?
Old 11-21-2006, 09:53 PM   #30
bsydprmkn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandjess99 View Post

You could have a 5 or 10 year IUD put in....that would give you some time to think.....heck, I'd say 99% of people with 2 kids in 15 months would say, at least as a knee-jerk reaction, that they are done having kids (especially the men!)....but down the road....you just don't know.
mine are 12 months and 5 days. had the iud put in after ds was born. thought for sure we were done. in fact went to have my tubes tied and they refused since i am so young, just turned 23, was 21 when i went in. now were waiting to poas!!!!!!