Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-14-2015, 12:15 PM   #1
samwise
Registered Users

My Mood:
stash help for 2 in diaper

I'm wanting to re-do my stash for my 6 week ds and 2 year old dd. We have kind of started the potty learning process but I'm not going to push it for a few more months.

I know I want to do flats and/or prefolds and one brand of cover. I've been cding for 5 years now and I've tried to have a simple, streamlined stash but never quite made it there.

I'm thinking 3 dozen gmd os flats and 10 flips? Or maybe a doz yellow edge prefolds, a dozen red edge, and a dozen flats with 6 each size 1 and 2 thirsties duo's.

I like the idea of just flips and flats, but I like to fasten flats on younger babies and I don't want to have to do a bunch of tucking to get it all covered. I'm also thinking that flats might not be as absorbent, ds is a pretty heavy wetter and dd does the toddler hold and flood thing. I also prefer thirsties as a company, but like the snap placement better on flips. Do duo's work for padfolding flats, I feel like the extra room with the gusset could make it droopy?

sorry this is so long, ds is our last baby and I just want to be content with cloth diapering for once and not have a bunch of random stuff. That's possible right?

Advertisement

samwise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 01:34 PM   #2
Jumbo
Registered Users
seller

It's funny, I never liked the duos with snappied flats but just discovered it's great with padfolded flats. So trim and such a better fit around the legs than the flips. The lack of flaps is nbd and there isn't much exposed PUL because of the way it's lined. I actually snap it on slightly tighter with a padfolded flat than I would with a snappied flat and it's great. I'd go with duos over flips now that figured that out. I bet flats and duos would be great for a streamlined stash if you had luck with them in the past.
Jumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 02:35 PM   #3
lovebabies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I haven't used flats, but I've had two in diapers three times now, and we have done well with different sizes of GMD pfs and an assortment of OS covers. I love the Duos, and my other favorites are Mommy's Touch and Fluffy's. I think it's totally possible to have a streamlined stash and enjoy it. I like having all one kind of diaper too. If you prefer flats, I'd totally go with those, or if you like pfs, I'd get 2 dozen in each size you need and call it good!
Old 06-15-2015, 05:51 PM   #4
ashleyg103
Registered Users

Re: stash help for 2 in diaper

I would go with duo covers and prefolds and flats. Before my twins pt we did a dozen gmd red prefolds and 2 dozen large flats with duo covers and for dd we had a dozen yellow prefolds and a dozen os flats
ashleyg103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 09:02 PM   #5
junvwekt
Registered Users
seller

Re: stash help for 2 in diaper

I'm about to do the same thing! I just need to order more of what I have now.

I have 20 flats and 6 duos for the 3 month-old, and 12 trifold inserts, and 3 covers for the 2 year-old. Definitely need more for the 2 year-old, since I don't want to wash every day (some days are poopier than others!) . I would probably have stuck with the one-size covers I was using, but my 2 year old outgrew the rise. 2 dozen of each size flats/prefolds, and 6 of each size cover sounds perfect.

I have been padfolding in the duos and haven't noticed any extreme sagging. I think it was actually more saggy when I was using flips... plus if you go with the size 2 duo, you don't have to worry if the toddler grows more and or takes a bit longer to potty train.