-->
Join Diaperswappers Today!

Join DiaperSwappers and start buying, selling, and trading cloth diapers.
Talk with other moms about parenting. Registration is fast and free. Join Now!

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-20-2009, 07:24 PM   #11
Austinsmamma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: My FS0T checklist for Buyers & Sellers esp. Newbies...Wanna Help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by midominga View Post
Me I'm not to go with measurements and I'm looking for newborn or small wool and measurements are crazy to me so if you'd tell me if it was for a newborn or toddler or what age group you'd get a faster sale with me to. I go on impulse I see something I like and I want it and then I find out its not in my right size and I'm a little upset cuz I can't get it and I wasted the sellers time.
See but there still needs to be measurements cause my tiny lady needs a small waist/hips/rise but a medium inseam so both are necessary IMO

Advertisement

Austinsmamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 07:31 PM   #12
mystimomof3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Very great idea!!!! TFS, I will definately be using that list!
mystimomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 07:32 PM   #13
TuthGuru
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

thanks for joining in mamas! anyone else?

TuthGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 07:33 PM   #14
Emmaleigh3699
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinsmamma View Post
See but there still needs to be measurements cause my tiny lady needs a small waist/hips/rise but a medium inseam so both are necessary IMO
does this little lady need any longies? I have some with small waists and longer inseams that my little lady is out growing
Emmaleigh3699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 07:39 PM   #15
ellaphen
Registered Users
Formerly: babyellabella
seller

For wool, I would add dog / pet hair. One of my first experiences with wool was a pair of longies FULL of dog hair. I picked for HOURS, and finally, out of frustration, threw the things away. They also smelled horrid. Because I hate confrontation, the seller had perfect feedback (had been a member for quite awhile), and because I didn't think to ask a question of that nature before commiting to the buy, I didn't leave feedback for the seller, and never even confronted the situation.
ellaphen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 07:44 PM   #16
Emmaleigh3699
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellaphen View Post
For wool, I would add dog / pet hair. One of my first experiences with wool was a pair of longies FULL of dog hair. I picked for HOURS, and finally, out of frustration, threw the things away. They also smelled horrid. Because I hate confrontation, the seller had perfect feedback (had been a member for quite awhile), and because I didn't think to ask a question of that nature before commiting to the buy, I didn't leave feedback for the seller, and never even confronted the situation.
lint roller didn't work?

and smells - totally agree, its also very hard to get smells out of wool IME so I like to be told if they were lanolized in any scents and what brand of spray/wash (some smells stronger than others - exp, I think ENI smells stronger than Northern Essence)

sorry about your first wool! I would have cried. My first few transactions sucked on here, when I did confront one seller about the holes in the covers she sold me, she told me to suck it up because they were "basically ffs" umm...I paid $50 for 6 covers...maybe if they were shipped overnight and individually lol but not parcel post in priority envelope turned inside out (and I had to pay extra for the shipping) she also said "No mod will take your side because your feedback is low" so I just dropped it and put her on my do-not-buy-from list, I'll still never buy from her - no matter what she's got, its not worth it.

Which brings me to another point - CLOSE DETAILED PICTURES OF FLAWS!!! it will CYA from an unhappy buyer or pp dispute and it will ensure that your buyer knows what they're buying.
Emmaleigh3699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 07:48 PM   #17
robeccajr
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If it has shrunken or if it has been dyed. If dyed, does it still bleed.

I bought a labeled medium, listed as medium, wool cover. It fits as a small. It also bleeds. Have not been able to use it obviously, but I also don't know how to set the dye so that I can pass it on.
Old 02-20-2009, 07:51 PM   #18
sheri77
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for posting this mama, congrats on your lo, appreciate the time you took away from him to do this. I want to bookmark this too, just don't know how?
sheri77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 08:07 PM   #19
ellaphen
Registered Users
Formerly: babyellabella
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmaleigh3699 View Post
lint roller didn't work?

and smells - totally agree, its also very hard to get smells out of wool IME so I like to be told if they were lanolized in any scents and what brand of spray/wash (some smells stronger than others - exp, I think ENI smells stronger than Northern Essence)

sorry about your first wool! I would have cried. My first few transactions sucked on here, when I did confront one seller about the holes in the covers she sold me, she told me to suck it up because they were "basically ffs" umm...I paid $50 for 6 covers...maybe if they were shipped overnight and individually lol but not parcel post in priority envelope turned inside out (and I had to pay extra for the shipping) she also said "No mod will take your side because your feedback is low" so I just dropped it and put her on my do-not-buy-from list, I'll still never buy from her - no matter what she's got, its not worth it.

Which brings me to another point - CLOSE DETAILED PICTURES OF FLAWS!!! it will CYA from an unhappy buyer or pp dispute and it will ensure that your buyer knows what they're buying.

No, hair was embedded in the wool. - I wouldn't rule out the idea that the longies were used in the doggy's bed. YUCK! I can't even think about it without cringing. I was too nervous to contact the seller with the situation. Her feedback, 3000 plus posts, and time as a member was very daunting for me with my 20 posts, 3 ratings, and two months as a member.
I haven't bought in a loong time - knock on wood. But, after that transaction, I have loaded sellers with q's. This is a great thread.

I'm sorry you had such a yucky response.
ellaphen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 08:30 PM   #20
Smidgerooski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Great thread OP.

I skimmed it but didn't see anything about requesting pics. I've helped a lot of newbies by being their big sis and many didn't know to request pics or that it was even an option.

I don't even waste my time w/ a thread that doesn't have pics.
Smidgerooski is offline   Reply With Quote