Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-24-2006, 10:06 PM   #11
Cog
Banned

Re: Ice Breaker :-)

I'd get him re-checked and avoid future shots until this is cleared up.

Advertisement

Cog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 12:39 AM   #12
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox
No Longer Here

My Mood:

thats kinda long for it to be hurting still, poor thing, call the dr in the morning
Sweet_Fantasy_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 11:43 AM   #13
scatterbrainedmom
Registered Users

My Mood:

my ds did that with his 6 month shots also. stayed for 3 months. they couldn't even tell me what shot caused it. your son is having a REACTION TO A VACCINE. if your doctor won't report it YOU NEED TO. i have not gived ds2 anymore shots since then and my youngest in not vaxed at all. who knows what could happen with his next shots?
Old 04-25-2006, 12:33 PM   #14
mom_of_3g_1b
Registered Users
seller

(((HUGS))). Poor guy. I hope he feels better soon.
Old 04-25-2006, 02:28 PM   #15
Drummer's Wife
Registered Users

This is not a normal reaction to the shots, especially since it still hasn't gone away. Call the ped, report it to vaers and definitely be skeptical of all future vaccines.... I'm sorry about his leg, try a warm compress and massaging it but hopefully this will encourage you to research all vaccines because there are much more dangerous reactions that can occur and the fact that his body acted this way after an injection could be a sign that future shots could be more harmful. Good luck with this all, sorry but this is a subject I am very passionate about!
Old 04-25-2006, 03:30 PM   #16
elaina
Registered Users

My youngest gets knots from his vaccines (especially Prevnar). They don't hurt him after the first few days, though. I massage the area while he's in the tub. Last time, the knot lasted 4 weeks. He still has his knots from his 1-year shots that he got last week.

My ped said that it is a "normal" reaction to the vaccine. That it is a side effect although not one of the most common ones (fever, grumpiness, etc).

Hugs to your little one. Call your ped if you're concerned.
Old 04-25-2006, 05:16 PM   #17
scatterbrainedmom
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummer's Wife
This is not a normal reaction to the shots, especially since it still hasn't gone away. Call the ped, report it to vaers and definitely be skeptical of all future vaccines.... I'm sorry about his leg, try a warm compress and massaging it but hopefully this will encourage you to research all vaccines because there are much more dangerous reactions that can occur and the fact that his body acted this way after an injection could be a sign that future shots could be more harmful. Good luck with this all, sorry but this is a subject I am very passionate about!
i forgot about vaers. if your pedi won't report it you can do it yourself through them
Old 04-30-2006, 11:27 PM   #18
bobandjess99
Registered Users
seller

nevermind..i don't want people pissed at me.

Last edited by bobandjess99; 04-30-2006 at 11:32 PM.
bobandjess99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 05:47 AM   #19
wittymomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

lol Wow! What a can of worms this post opened huh? I did get to read the pp due to it being sent into my email lol. But I am not mad at anybody!

Update on my son. He still has the knots but they have gotten a lot smaller and dont hurt him any more. I actually forgot about them until I actually read one of the posts on here LOL. (I forgot the Icebreaker post that kept getting sent to me was a thread I started lol I never claimed to be the brightest LOL)

Anyways I do have 1 question to all those who are "Anti Vac." How do you get your kids in school? I know in Florida the kids HAVE to have vaccines to get into school. So what are you guys going to do in that case? (I am just wondering not out to start a fight lol. I never met anyone who was "Anti Vac". )

Thanks for all the info and I love hearing other sides of the story! If you know what I mean! :-)

misty
wittymomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 09:18 AM   #20
bobandjess99
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by wittymomma
Anyways I do have 1 question to all those who are "Anti Vac." How do you get your kids in school? I know in Florida the kids HAVE to have vaccines to get into school. So what are you guys going to do in that case? (I am just wondering not out to start a fight lol. I never met anyone who was "Anti Vac". )

misty
wrong, wrong, wrong!!!

You DO NOT HAVE TO VACCINATE TO GO TO SCHOOL!!!!!!!!

*sigh*
I didn't realize there were still people who believed that.....
the info is out there people........

Every state has exemptions....they do not advertise them, of course....
They will say something like "no shots, no school"
but what they realy mean is "you must have either a vaccination record OR a signed exemption form to get into school"

In Florida, they have medical and religious exemptions. You simply sign a piece of paper saying that vaccines are against your religious beliefs, and that is all. Your religion does not actually have to say it is against vaccines, just your personal beliefs are. it is fairly simple.
bobandjess99 is offline   Reply With Quote