Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-01-2006, 12:25 PM   #21
Drummer's Wife
Registered Users

Re: Ice Breaker :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandjess99
wrong, wrong, wrong!!!

You DO NOT HAVE TO VACCINATE TO GO TO SCHOOL!!!!!!!!

*sigh*
I didn't realize there were still people who believed that.....
the info is out there people........

Every state has exemptions....they do not advertise them, of course....
They will say something like "no shots, no school"
but what they realy mean is "you must have either a vaccination record OR a signed exemption form to get into school"

In Florida, they have medical and religious exemptions. You simply sign a piece of paper saying that vaccines are against your religious beliefs, and that is all. Your religion does not actually have to say it is against vaccines, just your personal beliefs are. it is fairly simple.

It's as easy as flipping your immunization card over and signing it. Not a big deal at all. And surprisingly the percentage of children in school who are not fully vaccinated is rising (yay!) so no you do not have to vaccinate in order for your child to attend school.

Advertisement

Old 05-01-2006, 12:39 PM   #22
wittymomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yeah I never knew all that! I am a successful vacine baby and so are my other 2 kids! lol. I just feel safer knowing they are vaccinated... Who knows now a days you cant eat the food, drink the water, get medicine or vacines and now we cant even drive our car without a loan from the bank for the gas lol. :-)
wittymomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 02:42 PM   #23
kezoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandjess99
wrong, wrong, wrong!!!

You DO NOT HAVE TO VACCINATE TO GO TO SCHOOL!!!!!!!!

*sigh*
I didn't realize there were still people who believed that.....
the info is out there people........

Every state has exemptions....they do not advertise them, of course....
They will say something like "no shots, no school"
but what they realy mean is "you must have either a vaccination record OR a signed exemption form to get into school"

In Florida, they have medical and religious exemptions. You simply sign a piece of paper saying that vaccines are against your religious beliefs, and that is all. Your religion does not actually have to say it is against vaccines, just your personal beliefs are. it is fairly simple.
Yes, I know tons of people who ask me the same question all the time (we don't vax) "so, are you going to home-school then, since they won't be allowed in school??". Uhhh, no, we have exercised our right to not allow our children to be injected w/ toxins. The State of Michigan allows religious, medical or personal exemptions for vaxes, and we simply submit the vaccine exemption form w/ the form that asks for the vaccine record.
kezoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 12:23 PM   #24
twinsmomkatie
Registered Users
seller

NOT trying to cause a problem or whatever, but I'm new to the whole idea of non-vaccinating kids. Wouldn't your own kids be at the most risk if he/she came into contact with one of these diseases? This is all new to me . . .
Old 05-08-2006, 02:56 PM   #25
wittymomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinsmomkatie
NOT trying to cause a problem or whatever, but I'm new to the whole idea of non-vaccinating kids. Wouldn't your own kids be at the most risk if he/she came into contact with one of these diseases? This is all new to me . . .

Thats what makes me too nervous to try it lol. All my kids have been vacinated and have always been healthy! :-) Well besides normal kids colds lol. But yes I too always wondered about that...
wittymomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 04:07 PM   #26
LuAnn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thats not normal, not if its been a month already. He should be fine now. gl mama
LuAnn
Old 05-08-2006, 05:34 PM   #27
MamaLove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinsmomkatie
Wouldn't your own kids be at the most risk if he/she came into contact with one of these diseases?
The risks of dying or being damaged by these diseases is very rare compared to the risks of the vaccines. For example, only 1 in a million cases of measles result in deafness, but the MMR vax is causing ADD and autism, which is more commen. Getting chickenpox or mumps gives lifelong immunity (unlike the vax), but can be more dangerous in adulthood. Some vaccines have been the direct cause of the disease they are supposed to prevent and more than 1/2 of the mumps outbreaks were vaxed. Risks are also less now than 50 years ago because of our improved sanitation.
My ds got whooping cough from a child who got it immediately after getting the shot for it. My unvaxed ds actually healed with natural remedies before this vaxed kid healed with antibiotics!

It is an individual decision, so we have to choose which risks we want to take and what we feel comfortable with and trust.

Last edited by MamaLove; 05-08-2006 at 05:57 PM.
MamaLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 05:07 PM   #28
Shannon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I"m not positive but I have been told by my Ped that it can be several weeks after the shots when some side affects start to show.

I'm not getting in the vax debate because I don't like the way I get treated or talked to when I disagree with someone.

Marrying my wonderful Fiancee' Rodney on 6/26/20010
[/COLOR]Expecting to TTC in July 2010
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 05:20 PM   #29
MamaZ
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaLove
The risks of dying or being damaged by these diseases is very rare compared to the risks of the vaccines. For example, only 1 in a million cases of measles result in deafness, but the MMR vax is causing ADD and autism, which is more commen. Getting chickenpox or mumps gives lifelong immunity (unlike the vax), but can be more dangerous in adulthood. Some vaccines have been the direct cause of the disease they are supposed to prevent and more than 1/2 of the mumps outbreaks were vaxed. Risks are also less now than 50 years ago because of our improved sanitation.
My ds got whooping cough from a child who got it immediately after getting the shot for it. My unvaxed ds actually healed with natural remedies before this vaxed kid healed with antibiotics!

It is an individual decision, so we have to choose which risks we want to take and what we feel comfortable with and trust.
Wow. I'm nieve and had no idea. I did deny the chickenpox vac for my DS and I will for my DD too, I thought that one was silly. But menangitis runs rampid in NJ (though they don't want you to know it) and I lost a few friends to it

I'd like to know more though. Anyone suggest any reputable sites to check out? I really want to read up more on this.
MamaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 06:19 PM   #30
MamaLove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am peacefully resigning from vax threads after this post, but here's some of the sites I know of if interested (and there are more, too).
www.909shot.com
www.vaccinetruth.org
http://vaers.hhs.gov/
www.thinktwice.com

Last edited by MamaLove; 05-09-2006 at 06:25 PM.
MamaLove is offline   Reply With Quote