Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-29-2012, 06:03 PM   #2381
~Sherry~
Registered Users
seller

Re: April 2009 DDC Mamas and Cutie Pies Chat Thread *Pic Heavy*

Congrats!!! She's too cute!

Advertisement

~Sherry~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:44 PM   #2382
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks, she is my little buddy. She is super, super attached to me, so this baby thing could be pretty tricky, lol
Old 10-31-2012, 01:32 PM   #2383
~Sherry~
Registered Users
seller

Madelyn was the same way. She had a hard time adjusting but now she's super attached to Silas, too.
~Sherry~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:00 PM   #2384
newbiemama
Registered Users
Formerly: justanauntie

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Sherry~ View Post
:word: Madelyn is VERY stubborn. I can't count how many times she's gone to bed without dinner because she won't eat or won't sit down. And now she's crying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keme View Post
How's everyone else "coping" as we reach the peak of the "terrible 3s"? Jaime is such a sweet little boy, but this month has been a struggle with him! Lots of battles of the wills here in our house.

On the other hand- I love how much he's learning at blossoming at this age. He understands how trains work better than I do for sure
Cate's stubborn and veeeeeeeeeeeeeery p.a.r.t.i.c.u.l.a.r. like her daddy. this child will take 45 MINUTES TO GET DRESSED!!! when we have to LEAVE!!!! maybe it's a stage thing, maybe it's a forever thing. ugh!

And congrats Summer!! Although last time I remember you saying you thought you were done... is this babe a little ?? lol

newbiemama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:42 PM   #2385
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yes, we were done, so yes, this was a surprise. Sofiya really was a wonderful last baby and our hearts and home felt complete, so this has taken some time to adjust to the notion. I really can't say I am super excited at this point in time, but we know we will find a way to make it all work and we will be happy and in love in no time. I cried a lot when I was pregnant with Sofiya because she also wasn't planned and I was very overwhelmed as it was. My DS2 has been a handful since conception and was only 7 months old when I got pregnant with Sofiya. 3.5 years later and she is the greatest thing I ever did on accident. LOL.
Old 04-09-2013, 08:13 AM   #2386
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

Well, Sofiya has been four for over a month now and I just saw another Due in April baby turn four on FB and I realized it was that time of year! LOL... How is everyone doing? I have noticed a few other mamas are preggo and I get excited each time.

My personal life was a mess for a while after getting pregnant. I had bad morning sickness, I was trying to homeschool for the first year, I was no longer enjoying my job, and my husband had asked for a divorce and we separated. Luckily, things have resolved themselves in all areas and life is back on track, so my biggest concern these days is not having a premature baby and making sure my birth experience is what I want.

Miss Sofiya is still an amazing gift. She is super excited to be a big sister but has a little bit of apprehension. She initially spent quite a bit of time being concerned that the baby will "pop" me and that she will miss me. The other day she was very panicky about Spaghetti needing diapers, until I assured her we have plenty of diapers. Our boys share the initials KPR (along with their dad) and so we decided the girls will share the initials SMR (along with me) so the family has picked out the name Sonya Mae, but I am not a fan of Sonya, so Sofiya and I call her Spaghetti and Meatballs.

Hard to believe our babies are old enough to be discussing school! Miss Sofiya and her 5 year old brother are starting kindergarten next week! We take a lot of breaks while homeschooling, so I decided to start now so that we have quite a bit of time to play with. I am planning to go to school in August 2014 to become a certified nurses midwife, so both children will then attend public school, Kenny will start 1st grade and Sofiya will attend kindergarten. Both children will attend public school for a few years and then be given the option to homeschool using the same program my oldest son uses. This is the plan today anyway. We will see how I feel next spring.

Anyway, enough about me, how are all of you doing? Happy birthday to our four year olds!

Here are some recent photos

Love sleeping kids!

Having fun at the Dora and Diego exhibit at The MN Children's Museum

Always the tomboy princess!

Confused about seasons...

Here was our FB birth announcement regarding Sonya:

And a pic of Sonya, due June 27th:
Old 04-15-2013, 03:29 AM   #2387
hohaas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We took the day off work and went to the Cincinnati museum with our other girls on Carleigh's birthday (3/28). We stopped by the hospital first and I donated some things to the unit then to the cemetery where we released balloons. We had a fun day at the museum and it seemed fitting we watched Flight of the Butterflies on Omnimax. When we came home we ate cake I had made. I just loved it.

All in all it was a good day for us. Still miss her like crazy and the 4 year old she would be now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ForumRunner_20130415_052850.jpg (10.5 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg ForumRunner_20130415_052943.jpg (10.5 KB, 19 views)
Old 04-15-2013, 10:00 AM   #2388
Keropisunshine23
Coop Hostess
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohaas View Post
We took the day off work and went to the Cincinnati museum with our other girls on Carleigh's birthday (3/28). We stopped by the hospital first and I donated some things to the unit then to the cemetery where we released balloons. We had a fun day at the museum and it seemed fitting we watched Flight of the Butterflies on Omnimax. When we came home we ate cake I had made. I just loved it.

All in all it was a good day for us. Still miss her like crazy and the 4 year old she would be now.
It sounds like you had a wonderful day.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:24 AM   #2389
NancyB
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi Everybody! Long time since I've been on. Just stopping to say hi.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:29 AM   #2390
Keme
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keropisunshine23 View Post
Well, Sofiya has been four for over a month now and I just saw another Due in April baby turn four on FB and I realized it was that time of year! LOL... How is everyone doing? I have noticed a few other mamas are preggo and I get excited each time.

My personal life was a mess for a while after getting pregnant. I had bad morning sickness, I was trying to homeschool for the first year, I was no longer enjoying my job, and my husband had asked for a divorce and we separated. Luckily, things have resolved themselves in all areas and life is back on track, so my biggest concern these days is not having a premature baby and making sure my birth experience is what I want.

Miss Sofiya is still an amazing gift. She is super excited to be a big sister but has a little bit of apprehension. She initially spent quite a bit of time being concerned that the baby will "pop" me and that she will miss me. The other day she was very panicky about Spaghetti needing diapers, until I assured her we have plenty of diapers. Our boys share the initials KPR (along with their dad) and so we decided the girls will share the initials SMR (along with me) so the family has picked out the name Sonya Mae, but I am not a fan of Sonya, so Sofiya and I call her Spaghetti and Meatballs.

Hard to believe our babies are old enough to be discussing school! Miss Sofiya and her 5 year old brother are starting kindergarten next week! We take a lot of breaks while homeschooling, so I decided to start now so that we have quite a bit of time to play with. I am planning to go to school in August 2014 to become a certified nurses midwife, so both children will then attend public school, Kenny will start 1st grade and Sofiya will attend kindergarten. Both children will attend public school for a few years and then be given the option to homeschool using the same program my oldest son uses. This is the plan today anyway. We will see how I feel next spring.

Anyway, enough about me, how are all of you doing? Happy birthday to our four year olds!

Here are some recent photos

Love sleeping kids!

Having fun at the Dora and Diego exhibit at The MN Children's Museum

Always the tomboy princess!

Confused about seasons...

Here was our FB birth announcement regarding Sonya:

And a pic of Sonya, due June 27th:
She's due on my birthday!!!!! I'm excited for your family, I love seeing you on Facebook