Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-13-2016, 05:02 PM   #1
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Nursing around food...

I used to be able to nurse my lo (now a little more than 4mos) anywhere. He has been a pro nurser since day 1. But recently if I am at a restaurant or at the table where there is food in front of me he will NOT nurse. Doesn't get fussy or cry, just simply doesn't want to nurse.

It isn't necessarily an issue, I just nurse after I eat or walk away from the table. I was just curious if this had happened to anyone else??

Advertisement

kmrotski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 07:26 PM   #2
saraley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Nursing around food...

Around 3-4 m both my kids got distracted much more easier and didn't nurse well when things were going on. They are becoming more and more aware of the world around them and get distracted easier.
Old 06-14-2016, 06:05 AM   #3
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It's just funny how if we are just sitting on the couch watching TV or something a circus could go by and he wouldn't stop nursing but if you put food on the table in front of me he is all about it and couldn't care less about nursing lol
kmrotski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 12:26 PM   #4
christinembyrd
Registered Users
seller

Have you tried using a cover? Just so he cannot see the food? My son was so disinterested in food that it never really mattered for us - we had the opposite problem, I couldn't get him to eat table food!
christinembyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2016, 07:32 PM   #5
luluanth
Registered Users
seller

My dd who is 6 months now will not nurse at all if anybody is around or if it's too noisy. She is too busy trying to look around and she started doing this when she was around 4 months old. I think they are just beginning to learn their social skills and want to check things out
luluanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:16 PM   #6
maliha
Registered Users

i will take it as a good thing. my baby wants to nurse when i am eating. like, i am really hungry and she wants to eat, too. often, i have to eat while she's latched, so i am not eating comfortably. the risk of getting food on her is also high so, no to soups. just tiny bites to get on with my hunger until she's done and i can put her down. just nurse her when she wanted and lucky if you can get to pick the most comfortable location possible.
maliha is offline   Reply With Quote