Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-22-2006, 07:56 PM   #1
tanyaandallie
Registered Users

Bumgenius - love 'em or hate 'em?

Guess the title says it all. I'm pretty content with my stash right now but am thinking maybe I need to try one. I am a fb snap-ez girl right now. Will I love the bG? I normall don't like velcro. They cause red marks on my little guys legs.

Advertisement

old ds feedback: http://www.kikifoxito.com/ds/forum/i...p?topic=5132.0
tanyaandallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 08:10 PM   #2
marvelous
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Bumgenius - love 'em or hate 'em?

I love 'em!

FBs never worked for us, leaks.
GADs were great until DD grew out of mediums and didn't quite fit larges.
S-EZ as much as I love the fit of these diapers, they never held up for my heavy wetter.
Roos worked for a long while, but grew out of those too.
HH didn't care for the fit
Swaddlebees were okay, but I just couln't put my faith in those tiny things.

Stumbled upon bG's after all of this. I had random leaks with even some of my favs above, and this one just wouldn't leak on us. The fit is amazing and they are so trim. My DH has asked several times if I put a sposie on her. She could finally wear clothes that were not sized up. DH and DCP love how easy they are to put on. I won't get the advantage of the one-size factor until the next baby, but that is another plus.

I do miss colors (I have all white and don't have the budget for colors just yet), and much prefer snaps over velcro, but functionally, these diapers are doing everything I need them to do, so now they are my main stash. The whole laundry tab and snags on the strechy material was annoying, but Cottonbabies is backing up their product by doing exchanges, so I'm not bothered by it anymore.

That's my !
Old 05-22-2006, 08:13 PM   #3
ReagansMommy
Registered Users
seller

One of the best pockets I owned, when we were doing pockets....
Old 05-22-2006, 08:25 PM   #4
Kelolsen-and-Padawan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Love them! H thinks they're easy, they're good for babysitters, IMO, b/c they're styled like disposables, and we use t hem for overnight as well.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:40 PM   #5
*MamaStacy*
Registered Users
Formerly: MyTwoSunshines
seller
seller

My Mood:

We are sorta taking them out of our stash. I found that GADs seem to fit my son better. I liked the style and they were awesome dipes, but ds is at the age where he pulls his diapers off and he can't get the snaps open on the GADs, lol. At least this way he keeps his diapers on. We do love them though. I'm hoping maybe when we get some money to buy some colors, but not right now.
Expecting our Rainbow EDD 11/19/15 IT'S A GIRL!!!
*MamaStacy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 08:44 PM   #6
heather_c
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We also love them. I have tried pretty much every kind of pocket. These rank in my top 3 with Fuzzi Bunz and Fuzzi Fannies. They are very trim.

The other great thing about BGs is that they have a 2 week money back guarantee. Use it for two weeks, and If you do not like it you can return it. I would try it out. You may love them too.
heather_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 08:47 PM   #7
EasterBun
Yarn Snob
seller

My Mood:

I'm not even a pocket user and *I* love them!

SEZ were ok - rise was a tad TOO short for us though.. DD is a front-wetter and so we were missing some diaper coverage in a critital area! I still have a couple I use because they are *so* cute!
FB fit ok in smalls, but mediums just did not fit well for us AT ALL.
SB were fine fit-wise, but we had wicking issues since ours were the original style with the front-tags.
Roo's didn't fit my DD *at all*. I tried at about 10lbs and again at 13ish before I sold them... the legs were simply too tight unless I unsnapped the rise completely which made the diaper come up nearly to her armpits, and the legs were still too snug once I got the waist right.

The bG's though, WOW! Nice, easy fit on the proper rise (middle setting for DD who is 19ish pounds now) and PLENTY of room to grow. I only have 3, and I wan't like a dozen more, and I primarily use fitteds and wool! I think they'd fit a NB nicely as well, with the way they can be folded down on the small setting to make the x-small. Plus the material is so trim, there's no bulky/poofy-ness on a smaller baby In terms of ease of use - I do have to say that there's some potential for a really nasty mess getting the insert out - DD pooped in one and it ran up the back over the flap so I had to send it through a pre-wash before I could get the insert out, but other than that, no complaints
EasterBun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 08:49 PM   #8
cr2005
Registered Users
seller

I like them. I'm not a big aplix fan, but these are easy for dad and babysitters to figure out. I also like to take them in the diaper bag because they are easy when we are out.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:59 PM   #9
My2punkins
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

haven't tried them, not sure if we will or not. all we need is another dipe to want more of we've used fbs, sbs, roos and now snap-ez which i like best
Old 05-22-2006, 09:30 PM   #10
ocean_o_curls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

theyre ok IMO i hate how the insert shows through really bad and how the outside is plasticy feeling unlike our FB my dd is 8 months old and on the largest setting they work though but i dont think ill be buying anymore