Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-22-2006, 09:33 PM   #11
navars2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Bumgenius - love 'em or hate 'em?

Love 'em though they will wick at the stretchy tabs. I don't like snaps, though, and Happy Heiny's just do not work for us.

Advertisement

navars2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 09:33 PM   #12
jodi5
Registered Users

Well, I'm not a pocket user so only have one BG. I find them very difficult to stuff but I can see how so many people like them. The fit is not bad on my ds though I have had to fiddle with it since he has such chunky thighs. That being said, I have put it into my cover rotation since it does a great job.
Old 05-22-2006, 11:24 PM   #13
jjaelovesenglish
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

The majority of my stash is pockets. Right before I went out and bought a bunch of FB's I got several different kinds of OS diapers, because I know I will eventually have to size up. I tried Wonderoos (not liking the material all that well, but it works okay, not the best fit) I tried Mommy'sTouch (too darned complicated, but I use it for a night diaper since I can shove two infant cpf in there for my supersoaker) and a Bum Genius. I traded off my Happy Hineys for stuff I really needed because I can't stand the aplix. I can handel the Bum Genius and really like it, however, 18 for a color is just over my budget so I only own one white one. I do like the cotton babies inserts, the innerds feel really nice even after about 20 washes (I have very limited stash until my diapers arrive that I wash all diapers EVERY day. The design is even neat because unlike the FB, Roos, Mommy's Touch and Happy Hineys, the pocket does not open at the end and it has a small flap in the back so no more checking to see if insert is sticking out at all (DH problem part of the time).
Anyhow, sorry this is so long. I am new to cloth diapering and tried to make it as comprehensible as possible.
jjaelovesenglish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 12:46 AM   #14
mommy22peanuts
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanyaandallie
Guess the title says it all. I'm pretty content with my stash right now but am thinking maybe I need to try one. I am a fb snap-ez girl right now. Will I love the bG? I normall don't like velcro. They cause red marks on my little guys legs.
We usually have problems with aplix/velcro also. It always rubs and leaves red marks on DD's tummy. We've been using our BGs religiously the last few weeks, and so far not a single red mark!!!

I didn't have any pockets, and I bought one BG in December...believe it or not it sat in our dresser for three months before I tried it...I was too in love with our fitteds!!! Anyways, once I tried it I wanted more! We have yet to have a leak and they are super trim(I trimmed my one-size inserts to fit the medium rise). We also use them overnight with a hemp doubler and they work great!

So to answer your question...We Love 'em
Old 05-23-2006, 01:33 AM   #15
FunnyMonkey
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have one, it's ok but I wont be buying any more.

It fits really well, with everything snapped it doesn't seem like a one size - no poof, it looks normal. I think it would size up & down nicely for different shapes.

I think the suede cloth holds smells a bit & I'm velcro impaired (I forget to foldback & it sticks to everything in the wash). No leaks at all though, the cut fits well, no red marks, nice & trim under clothes. The main thing I dislike is the plasticy feel of the outer material - it reminds me of the gerber pull on pants diaper covers.
Old 05-23-2006, 02:00 AM   #16
monkeylove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Old 05-23-2006, 02:47 AM   #17
erin_brycesmom
Registered Users
seller

I totally love them!!! The main reason is that nothing holds better, never ever leaks. Out of the many many dipes we've tried this is the only dipe I can always count on no matter what. Mine do not wick at the stretchy tabs at all, ever. I don't think you will have a problem with red marks due to the velcro...this isn't the same velcro that is used on other dipes. We have no problems with it at all.

That said I do understand some of the cons that other people feel. I personally prefer microfleece inners so the suedecloth is a trade off for me but the suedecloth is less bulky. The outer material is fine for me but it does seem a little like the plastic pants material.

I have been slowly switching my whole stash over to BGs and the more BGs we get the less I like my other dipes. I find myself dissapointed when all the BGs are in the pail and I have to use a less reliable dipe. Every dipe I have tried has pros and cons but for us BGs have by far the most pros and least cons. $18 is a lot for one dipe (color) but knowing that he'll be wearing it past the point where I would have to buy another dipe for the next size so it is actually cheaper when you factor in that it is a one size.

~Erin
erin_brycesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 05:12 AM   #18
png_lovebirds
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

LOVE 'EM!
Some people complain about the fabric being plasticy....I LOVE the fabric b/c it easy to pull clothes on!! No more fighting the pants on!!
The suade cloth is fine....I prefer fleece!
They fit ok on my 6 pounder. But there are still nice sized gaps at the leg! But that will fix itself as soon as DS gains some weight! The rise is good, tho! And they fit GREAT on my 15 mth old!
If you want BG colors but don't want to pay the price for them....dye them yourself! That's what I did and theY came out PERFECT!!!
png_lovebirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 07:12 AM   #19
Jcrsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I like the concept of them with the stretch tabs. I don't like the part that folds over the pocket, always seems to bunch up no matter how neat I try to keep it. The size of large isn't very large for us. I bought them thinking I could buy one diaper for both boys. While it fits the large now, it won't for long. I like to fold back the laundry tabs while changing the diaper, the way these are made, it's a pain. I like the diaper performance, but not the design so much.
Jcrsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2006, 08:44 AM   #20
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:

Can I say both?

I love the whole diaper, really...although I'm not too crazy about the "windsuit" feeling of the fabric. But I can even get over that.

I HATE stuffing it! It is really difficult for me to stuff. It takes forever to get it just right. I'm not sure if that's due to the snap down rise setting (my son wears it on the middle setting) or because of the flap covering the pocket insert hole.