Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-24-2006, 12:23 AM   #31
Samantha
Goodness gracious he's hot!
seller

My Mood:
Re: Bumgenius - love 'em or hate 'em?

I like them. I like them a lot....that might change if DD ever had a BM in ours (we only have one and we have always missed it! *whew*)

I think my only "complaint" is the fold back tabs are causing the stretchy fabric to pile and it doesnt look as "neat" as I would like.

Advertisement

Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 09:45 AM   #32
singlemomto3
Registered Users
seller

Stuffing them isawful for me, but once ready to go, i love the fit. I don't like it being so see through then you can see colored inserts, or stains easily. I have been thinking about trying a colored one. I with they would have just went with a regular pocket style.
singlemomto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 03:23 PM   #33
sheri_b
Registered Users

My Mood:

I was thrilled with them when I originally bought them. Now I'm not so sure. They haven't held up well when washed. Many of my tabs are coming off (sewing coming undone). Also the stretchy fabric has become quite snagged and they look really messy. My fingers have gotten too poopy when trying to get the insert out.

That all being said, I will say that they don't leak, are easy to stuff (for me, anyway), and are totally cute now since I accidentally dyed them pink! I have been using sb's though, and like them better. My bg's are my night-time diaper or long-term dipe. I use my sb's all the time.
sheri_b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 03:37 PM   #34
lilmama2dsndd
Boobies Broke? Gorilla Glue Em!!!
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by singlemomto3
Stuffing them isawful for me, but once ready to go, i love the fit. I don't like it being so see through then you can see colored inserts, or stains easily. I have been thinking about trying a colored one. I with they would have just went with a regular pocket style.
The regular pocket style is patented by the maker of fuzzi bunz (I can't remember her name) but she has apparently started chrging a lot for the license to make pockets, there are several threads on it
Old 05-24-2006, 03:57 PM   #35
EasterBun
Yarn Snob
seller

My Mood:

Yep, the way the design is, eliminates the need for a patent license, since the opening is not covered by the current pocket patent (plus there is an issue with the pocket patent about allowing aplix on diapers from larger manufacturors - I think the bG's unique design is also in part to get around that issue). I actually kind of like it, even though it's fiddly to stuff, and if pooped on, it has to be pre-washed before unstuffing (though IMO, that's not a terribly big deal, all things considered), because it all but eliminates the possibility that the insert can stick out the back.

Samantha and Sheri - do you have some of the original bG? I know they changed the material and the laundry tabs not too long ago.. the tab material on mine doesn't even seem as if it could snag, and the laundry tabs are soft loop material, not suedecloth, and they're pretty big, and nowhere near the stretchy tabs.
EasterBun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 05:15 PM   #36
redheadedangels
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheri_b
I was thrilled with them when I originally bought them. Now I'm not so sure. They haven't held up well when washed. Many of my tabs are coming off (sewing coming undone). Also the stretchy fabric has become quite snagged and they look really messy. My fingers have gotten too poopy when trying to get the insert out.
It sounds like you got the old style ones ~ you should contact Jen at cottonbabies and she might replace them for you even if you bought them from another retailer. I originally got the old style and the aplix was horrible the way it snagged everything and then the laundry tabs started coming off too. She replaced them after i returned the defective ones to her. Very quick turnaround too
redheadedangels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 08:25 PM   #37
sheri_b
Registered Users

My Mood:

Thanks for the info Sarah and Angel. I originally bought 6 (when they had the buy 2 get 1 free). I then bought another 3 because I can't find 3 of my original bG's. The last three were newer bG's. I thought that I'd had the older styles too long. The 1st to come apart did after the 1st washing. I called Jen then and was going to send it back, but we were in the middle of a move and they got packed up. By the time I got them unpacked too much time had gone by.

I guess I'll email her anyway and just see what she says.
sheri_b is offline   Reply With Quote